Trailer Trash

The Thursdailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I had another great 3 mile trail run this foggy morning.  It was a pretty sticky sweaty morning Despite being in the 60's.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Rest day for me.  Legs are a bit pooped from yesterday's double.  The first run was on hilly trails (no mud!) and the second was a fast, longer course with the running club.  It was a good running day.  I'm heading to yoga at lunch.

qotd:  What is your favorite thing about where you live?  We are walking distance to just about everything we need-- groceries, restaurants, parks (and trails!) and good access to the metro.   We're in a quiet neighborhood but on the edge of a busy 'downtown' area.  Oh, and we have fabulous neighbors all along the street.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Rest day for me as well 

qotd: would have to say the numerous trails that are close by as number one and the close proximity of several mountain ranges for hiking, running, snowshoeing, fishing, hunting, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Still having a nagging foot issue, so I will bike after work today if the weather cooperates.  I'm so frustrated with limiting my running in a general sense, I could scream.

QOTD: I love everything about Madison aside from the winter, so it's hard to pick just one thing.  As a bike commuter, I guess I'll pick the general attitude towards cyclists here.  I hear so many horror stories from other cities and it reminds me of how good we have it here.  Drivers are generally courteous and give me plenty of room.  People are so used to seeing bikes everywhere here.  We have a truly amazing network of bike paths that will get you almost anywhere in the city.

Running is dumb.

Morning all,

Went for an easy 5.5 mile run last night, it was a beautiful night for a run. I think tonight will be even nicer here, in the 60's.

QOTD: I love being close to so many good bars and restaurants, and the subway.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did not get out to run yesterday, I will do my best to today.

QOTD: I am jealous for you that have miles and miles of trails you can access without driving anywhere.  I cannot.  But what I do love about my area is the changing season.  The same trails are so different in various seasons.  I get bored easily so this is important to me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran a fairly pleasing 6 miles at the trails of Coventry Woods last night. Decent evening for a run and we altered our usual route somewhat which meant the big climb was compacted into 1 mile instead of 2. Finishing up we ran into the older cigar smoking dudes playing Frisbee golf. While there is not a "course" at this park they sort of fashioned one themselves. They are regulars here in the evening like me and the dog. I believe we will run over at HayCreek watershed this evening. Again just 6-7 miles since I am in a semi-taper mode.

QOTD: The neighborhood we live in is very quiet, and I am a 15-20 minute drive away from many different trail systems for variety. None of these trails systems are overly crowded nor do I run into many people who freak out over leash-less beasts.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My run yesterday was 3.57 miles at what felt like a high rate of speed (well at least effort).  It was a trail I have never been on and was lot's of fun to run a shorty.  It was the group leaders birthday and they had a planned birthday party for her.

Today I got up early and dressed in running clothes.  It was cold out but I walked the dogs and planned to drop Jack off and then run with Earl.  All Earl wanted to do was eat grass (maybe because he ate shrimp the night before ) so when I got back home I still didn't want to take my jacket off and Jack looked at me with those loving eyes like now what Mom that I just couldn't dump him and run.  So  did a little yard work and plan the noon time 5.

QOTD: Trails.  We have lost of trails.  It's also beautiful and surrounded by beautiful places to go.  There is a large group of like minded people:  love the outdoors, positive, healthy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon. DW and I ran 7+ miles on easy trails around Caledonia SP.  The campground is still closed, so we added a loop around the campground drive.  Nice to be running in shorts and short sleeved shirt with mild temperatures.

QOTD:  Technically, my "Town" has about 250 people, and we have 10 acres of land on which we've spread out.  When the kids were young, they were always playing outside, and since DW and I both grew up in the Washington, DC area, we love that we are not in a city with all the traffic and noise. The downside is we have to drive most places, including trails, but once we're home it's worth it and it takes me 6 minutes to drive the 5 miles to work.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Got 8 in this am, it was the first above freezing run of the year for me. I even had a little sweat sting my eye.

QOTD: The lack of people and neighbors. Although the big city and all the people seem to be moving closer and closer every year.

DigDug2

Cross-training today - an hour on the stationary bike.  I'm not sure why but I sweat a lot more on the bike than I do running, at similar levels of exertion.

QOTD:  I live near the center of an old New England town - I like being able to walk to lots of places (restaurants, shops, theaters, etc.) and see neighbors out and about.

NorthernHarrier

Slept in a tad, man I just felt tired, stiff, and sore so I guess I needed it. Did a short workout in the man cave including the elliptical and called it good enough. Better get after it though the next few days.

Got a growler filled last night at my favorite brew pub, now I have to keep my hands off of it until the big game Sat. night. Nah, what's the use, I'll open it tonight. 

XT--I think most folks recognize well-trained and behaved dogs with good social skills and a respectful owner vs. out of control and untrained dogs with a jerk for for an owner. Big difference.

AT--Very impressive on the walking pace. It has got me thinking and something I'm gonna start working on it myself.

QOTD--

QOTD: I love everything about Madison ....., so it's hard to pick just one thing.  

This.  I'd probably say it's just the overall quality of life here.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. A little later then I had wanted to. Looks like I'll have time to get in a run on my short loop which will be 4.5 miles, then it's off to work again. If I get out on time at  6 am that will be 96 hours in the past seven days and I'm feeling it .

QOTD: I have 10 acres in the country. I sit high enough in the hills that I have a nice view. No one is going to complain if I'm outside shooting.  There are lots of options when it comes to getting out on the road bike and traffic is very light most of the time. Most of the time I lock my doors but wouldn't have to.  We are far enough away from everything that we don't have to deal with the congestion of built up areas, but close enough that it's easy to get to shopping, restaurants, and entertainment venues.

muppy

Got in 5.6 trail miles last.

QOTD I live in a quiet area out in the country, but we are close to everything that we need. It's a strong area for jobs and a cost-of-living is very reasonable.

moonlightrunner

I am happy to report I ran 9 miles last night on a real trail. Longest and best run in a LONG time. It felt good...I even ran the last 2 miles pretty fast for me because I got a call the DD was stalked by her ex at the laundromat. Nithi,g bad happened and I found out I am in better shape than I thought despite my spotty run history of late. I ran the last 4 days in a row!

No run tonight  Grandmother duty instead.3 day weekend! Hopes for lots of runninq.

Qotd: my family is here. Trying to think of other things that are great about it....still thinking...hmmmm

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k