Trailer Trash

Finally Fall Weekender (Read 22 times)

runtraildc

Got in 6.5 miles on one of my favorite trails yesterday. Perfect running weather and had the trail to myself. I also managed to roll my ankle about halfway and now I might take a day off today to let it rest.

qotd: What are the signs for fall in your area?  Right now, it has just cooled off and trees are showing very little color change, with many just drying up and falling to the ground after a very hot and dry late summer.  Our foliage usually hits it's peak around Halloween and early Nov so we have some time.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to try and get 12-ish in later today (have a bunch honey-do items to check off this morning) and planning on 5-ish for tomorrow

qotd: we've already got snow up higher (I ran in snow on Wed evening), aspen have turned and we've had a few light frosts in town already- temp wise- perfect weather for running 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Up in far northern Wi again for the weekend. Perfect fall weather, gorgeous day, and tons of epic color. No better place to be. Just gonna be putzin' about here and will try some bird hunting this afternoon. Ordered a generic type AFO brace from Amazon and have been wearing it while I wait thru the long slow process of actually getting my custom fitted one. Even this cheapie I bought makes a huge difference in getting about though bushwacking thru the forest and swamps will be dicey so I don't think I'll be out there much over an hour or so.

But I'm doing ok despite the injury. My head is in the right place and I'll heal slowly so the outlook is bright. Leaves me time to plan things for the future and motivates me. No whining. 

Must be hell these days be a right winger. 

QOTD--Well the tamarack swamps have that sweet autumn aroma. Fall color in the far north is peaking and I have a ton of leaves in my yard.

Runtrail--Interesting about your leaves and the dryness. In southern Wi I listened to a couple naturalist' saying some leaves were just turning brown and falling too and blaming it on one of the wettest years on record. I'm thinking the so called experts really have no more clue than us but just like to sound good.

muppy

Unscheduled rest day number 2,  screwed my back up somehow and having spasms.

Good luck Jamie, Sandy, Bryan and Tim!  Hope you all have a great race!

QOTD The  leaves are just starting to change color and Monday night the temperature supposed to be  41° , which is about perfect for me!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gonna do a little joggy jog soon and than a longer run tomorrow. Chores most of the day.

qotd:  it's cooler but that's about it.  Same thing is happening to our leaves...drying up and dropping.  Our elms starting doing this over a mobth ago 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Heading out in a few minutes for about 5 miles, then it's off to work.

QOTD: Cooler temps, finally.  Trees are starting to show some color although I don't think we will have a nice leaf season. Even the trees with some real color are very dull and dropping their leaves. A lot of trees just turned brown.  We still have a lot of green so I may be wrong. Based off the amount of green trees we still have it will be a late fall.  It will be interesting to see how fast we transition into winter. considering the forecast for our area is to have a snowy winter.

runtraildc

been following the foliage pics of northern MN on Facebook/ looks like it's been a phenomenal year.  Which my mom keeps telling me 'it's because of all the rain they've had'. 😄 enjoy!  Winter's coming

Runtrail--Interesting about your leaves and the dryness. In southern Wi I listened to a couple naturalist' saying some leaves were just turning brown and falling too and blaming it on one of the wettest years on record. I'm thinking the so called experts really have no more clue than us but just like to sound good.

some call me Tim

Just checking in to see if there were any early reports. My buddy Matt DNFed the OC100k, hopefully Jamie fared better. This north central PA area is just fantastic.. didn't think it'd be that different from back home, but sure enough, there'll be mountains tomorrow. Can't wait.

LB2

I ran 5 yesterday morning just after daylight. I saw a few deer. I'll run 10 as soon as I get just a tad bit of light outside.

QOTD: It has actually cooled off. It was 92 yesterday, but the morning temp was around 58. This morning it must be about 52 or so.

LB2

NHLA

1 hr 1/2 on Pisgua trails. Tough run fell twice.

2 hrs on Dupont Forest trails. These trails are much easyer to run.

They have some nice races in DuPont because the trails are easy enough to run.

qotd  40 to 70 and the bugs are gone. Have seen some bird migration.

We had 50 mph winds this morning. The last of the storm. I drove four miles west of my house and no wind.  Weird.

Daydreamer1

5.1 very easy miles in the wind. Not feeling very strong or motivated today.

NHLA - I was wondering how you made out with the storm. I figured that you probably were too far to the west to get much of a impact.

NHLA

daydremer   wind was blowing trees down while I was running. I heard them. Kind of scared but kept running.

LB2

Really easy 10 miles on Sunday morning. I don't think 10 miles is very far, but it seems like it should have been harder, considering my recent mileage, or lack thereof.

LB2