Trailer Trash

Whining Wednesday (Read 30 times)

LB2

I'll get 5 after work, hopefully.

QOTD: Do you ever have weeks/months where it seems like the entire universe is an obstacle to you getting in a run?

Yes. This week has been pure Hell. Yesterday some kid vandalized another kid's vehicle at work. Then, a hail storm came up and kept me from running. And now, today, our boss has scheduled a legislative update meeting at 2:35. I don't know how long that will last, but we haven't had a raise in 7 years. And we aren't getting one this fiscal year. So I don't give a shit about what the legislature is doing.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I just got back from a 6 mile run and some core work at the gym. I wanted to take Jo up to the trail for some climbing, but she's not feeling like it this morning. I might go by myself, but I'm less enthused if she doesn't want to join me.

QOTD: I can't really relate. If I don't get up at 3:00 AM and knock it out, it probably wouldn't get done. Not much gets in my way that early.

I ran 2 miles last night before volleyball. Almost seems not worth it, but my leg was still bothering me so I cut it short. Feeling much better today, thankfully. We'll see how it goes, maybe I will run to the gym later.

QOTD: All of 2014 has felt that way for me. But most of it is my own doing, and sure, if I got up in the dark everyday I could get it done. But I don't . 

DigDug2

Intervals at the track this morning - chilly but clear and beautiful.  Hard to get the legs moving - sluggish from racing over the weekend and still nursing a rolled ankle.

QOTD:  Work is my biggest obstacle, and if it gets in the way for an extended period of time, my inertia becomes the biggest obstacle.

LB2

QOTD: I can't really relate. If I don't get up at 3:00 AM and knock it out, it probably wouldn't get done. Not much gets in my way that early.

I may have to start getting up at 3, too.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening followed by some stationary biking- I can't believe how much my ass is aching from the damn bike seat!

qotd: I usually do pretty good- keep a lot of flexibility in my running schedule as far as what day, when and where; injuries are another matter

Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Goodmorning trail people!

Ended up with a nice 7 mile run after work yesterday.  Tech T and shorts!  Everyone's lawns are starting to green up...looking forward to seeing everything bloom in the coming month.  I also got in 20 mins on the bike...first time I haven't been able to finish a 30 minute ride.

Plan for another 7ish miles after work today and I need to do some core/strength work too.  Tomorrow I'm going to try and get out for a 3ish hours longer run on the trails after work, which is looking like a bright spot on my upcoming schedule.

QOTD: If I'm honest with myself...there's always time to squeeze some miles into any given day.  Motivation is the issue on days I don't run.  That said, I'm in the middle of an "everything is up in the air, don't plan anything for the rest of the month" kind of situation at work, which doesn't help keep me motivated to run.

**Ask me about streaking**

Gator eye

Morning all.  Got 8 in at o dark thirty this morning.

QOTD: The last two months the weather has really made my runs unpredictable, it's hard to go for 3 or 4 hours when the temp is near or below zero. The last couple weeks the temps are finally staying around 30 degree's or so in the mornings so I have been able to get in some much needed miles.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I went for another walk this morning, then did a great core/strength workout. Before work

I stopped in for my chiro appt., after my adjustment I did a short workout on the Bosu ball.

Which race, digdug?

QOTD: A few years ago I started running first thing in the morning specifically to address

this issue. I've never really been a morning person, but I have grown to really enjoy my

morning runs-great way to start the day. My only obstacles now are injuires, and winter

weather as a close second.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Home is on the market! Now we start the fun or keeping the home clean (with kids!), gathering the kids up and getting out of the house while people see the house.  Oh yea...almost forgot...got to start looking at other homes so we're not homeless...and worry about the finances. And work my full time hours, do school work at night after the kids are in bed....(no one said this was easy right?!?)

3am? Not sure I have seen that time of day ( I mean night). But I am pretty sure sleep gets in my way for that.

Otherwise life gets in my way (and injuries).  That's all I have to say about that.

Have a good day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Got in 4 stroller pushing miles along the river trail yesterday afternoon. Wow, my legs continue to feel terribly slow. Losing hope for any sort of good race this weekend, but who knows.

QOTD: This past month has been pretty bad for me. Sick twice, terrible spring winds make stroller running suck, and my wife has been busy with work and finding a job. Has been tough to get any sort of consistent running in. I've tried to do the 5 am runs, but just always feel super sluggish when I get up and head out the door to run before giving my body time to wake up.

Sandy-2

5 miles this morning. Nice and cool up here on Wash, DC. Nice sunrise too. Cherry blossoms (and other trees with white blossoms) and everything.

But this is a quick trip and I fly home tonight.

qotd: I don't let stuff get in the way.

tbd.

DigDug2

Which race, digdug?

I ran the Bimbler's Bash 10k(ish) in southern CT, home of the longer Bimbler's Bluff 50k in the fall.  Awesome New England trails, not much climbing but constant up/down/left/right with lots of roots and rocks.  I rolled my ankle a couple of times, causing me to downshift from racing to just running, but had a great time.

Watoni

I just got back from a 6 mile run and some core work at the gym. I wanted to take Jo up to the trail for some climbing, but she's not feeling like it this morning. I might go by myself, but I'm less enthused if she doesn't want to join me.

Resting from skiing and watching skiing and taking care of some personal stuff.

QOTD: Yes, and 3am does not work for me if I cannot get to bed before midnight/1am Smile

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Going to try to out 4 walking miles in today...I would run when I get home but.........

qotd: ...my husband continues to complain about the time I spend running When I could be cleaning the house or yard work.  Of course if I got up at 3 am it wouldn't be a factor but then I would be falling asleep at 7 am.  That and laziness vets in the way.

wrote this this morning and never posted it....ended up with 6 walking miles

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄