Trailer Trash

it's Thursday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  I got out for a rare morning run today-- 6 hilly miles with a friend.  Seemed to be mostly uphill all the way even though it was a loop into rock creek, which technically requires a downhill run into the park.   Did not see a single soul on the trails, which is quite unusual.  Might get to yoga class later, as I've been slacking on that front.

qotd:  What does spring look like right now where you are?  Here in DC, we're in the tulip and crabapple stage of blooming which means mid-spring.  Though it doesn't feel like it since it's still too early (we usually have this late April- May).  Temps have been wildly fluctuating with days in the 30-40s and then a heat spell of the 70s.  Not good for my garden.

Gator eye

Got in ten this morning. My headlamp died so I'm down to a flashlight for light which made for slower than normal pace, it was hard picking out the holes and rocks

QOTD: it's starting to warm up, still not shorts weather but I'm hoping by the weekend I will be able to ditch the heavy jacket.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me today

qotd: we're way ahead of schedule, lots of warm weather  (60&70's- when it should be 40&50's) with little to no moisture. We've got some much needed moisture the last two days and probably continuing into tomorrow, which will help, but not get us out of the woods. Long range into next week shows temperatures above normal and precipitation below normal 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I'm in  a killing mood.  But relax, y'all  are safe. Unless you get between me, the dandelions, and my sprayer . It's that time of the year again. As soon I get that chore done, I'll be heading out for a 7-8 mile run. Nice weather so maybe I'll just make sure I do the longer loop instead of the shorter one.

QOTD: It came early, then winter returned. Now it's finally turning warmer and it's supposed to have highs in the 60-70 range from here on out. Tuesday I finally put the Weed and Feed on the lawn. Since that won't take care of the dandelions and I hate those things I'll do the first round of spraying today. This is about 1-2 weeks later than normal. The oaks, maples, hickory etc. are finally starting to push out buds. A lot of the flowering trees lost their flowers to the cold and I'm afraid some the orchards may have lost their peach crop for the year.  There are a lot of bare patches in my lawn that I want to repair. Until this week it's been too cold to plant seed. That's a project that I'll start this weekend.  March was 7 degrees about average with precipitation about 1/2 of normal. So far April is 7 degrees below average with precipitation running about normal.

NorthernHarrier

Stellar day in Wi. Mid to upper 60's here and even a little warmer up at the shack where we'll be headed. I'll pick up DW at work on the north end of town and just keep going. Managed 8 outstanding trail miles today with a bunch of intervals thrown in and then after lunch did 90 minutes on the road bike pushing the pace a little there too. Probably overdid it today somewhat with two hard workouts but with this weather I just couldn't help myself.

Did some elliptical again last night and it just wore me out. I think it's like swimming where you have have to do it on a consistent schedule to adapt.

Runtrail--Sounds like your sister has a nice backyard sugarin' operation. I think my last sap that I'll be finishing will be darker too. Probably make some of that into candy.

Daydreamer--If you're like me you get the lawn looking halfway decent and then start bitching that it grows too fast and too thick and needs constant mowing and trimming. 

QOTD--Well some budding of maples around here and the honeysuckle is busting out. Just looked at a web cam right near my shack and there is still about an inch or two on the ground but with 70F there I bet it will be gone by the time I get there later.

Sandy-2

Did 5 miles this afternoon.  I worked from home and knocked off a bit early.  Then we went to what we call the "chicken shack". A very informal place with great fried or grilled chicken and cheep pitchers of beer. They were also showing the Lotte Giants game (Busan's local KBO team) on the big screen.  A nice Friday evening with friends.

qotd: very green around here, the cherry blossoms have all fallen down, it was like snow last Saturday.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL