Trailer Trash

Thimble full o' Thursday (Read 31 times)

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  I got a little over 5 miles in this morning under a pink mountain sunrise.  When I got home, my SO was literally barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and had baked some blueberry muffins.  I can't think of a better way to start the day.

I bought a sewing machine last week, and I get it back from the service guy today, hence the thimble in today's title.  I have no idea how to use it, but I'm planning on attempting to make some curtains for the baby's room.  He will be here in 8 weeks!

QOTD:  Do you ever stop to pick wild foods while trail running?

I've been seeing so many ripe huckleberries, thimbleberries, chokecherries, and serviceberries along the trails lately, but I never stop to eat any of them because I'm afraid they will cause GI problems.  But they are so tempting!

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful weather here in Gettysburg.  Did 1 mile repeats today.  One easy, one fast x 3 with cool down at end.  Man have I gotten slow.  Must do more speed work, must do more speed work...

sugnim - How are SO and baby-to-be doing?

QOTD:  Apple orchards are all around, so only apples, but don't think I can call them wild. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dpc3

Morning folks got in 5 miles in the early AM.

QOTD: When blackberries etc where available on the trails in Oregon yes, not much in the desert to pick and eat.

I have come to the conclusion that I am starting to dislike technology more and more. While a necessary evil in my job I find I am using my smart phone less often, getting on the internet less often ( hell I only look at 4 sites as it is), etc. Has anyone else gone through this?

Low_O2

Good morning!

Got in 3.1 around the neighborhood with the the whole family last night. I pushed DS in the stroller and DW handled the dog. My wife is thinking about jumping into a road half marathon this fall, so I've been trying to get in some miles with her.

sugnim - Sounds like a good start to the day!. The next 8 weeks will fly by. Can't believe my little guy is almost 7 months already...

AT - Nice work on the repeats.

Edit:  dpc - looks like we posted at the same moment... Yes, get sick of the technology once in a while(although still don't have a smart phone) but usually end up getting sucked back into the the time sink of the internet.

QOTD: YES! I love it when I come across wild raspberry bushes and take full advantage by rummaging around like a bear chowing down the tasty morsels. Even better is the rare occasion I stumble across some wild strawberries!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers and working stiffs,

I did 5 miles around the hood again this morning, nice and cool and the sun

was peeking through the pine trees-gotta love it!

QOTD: I stop when I see stuff to eat, round here it's blueberries. When I ran the

hills in CA it was wild raspberries.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I have come to the conclusion that I am starting to dislike technology more and more. While a necessary evil in my job I find I am using my smart phone less often, getting on the internet less often ( hell I only look at 4 sites as it is), etc. Has anyone else gone through this?

Yes, absolutely. I'm glad I'm 45 and won't see the impact of having information at our fingertips will have

on future generations. I'm also glad I grew up without technology and remember having to actually stand

up to change the channel on the tv.

DigDug2

Track workout this a.m. - 8/12/16/12/8 at 5k pace with a fast 400 at the end.  8.3 miles total with warmup/recover/cool down - I'm tired.  Beautiful, 50 degree morning - should have worn gloves.

QOTD:  will eat the occasional berry, or a wild Snickers bar if they're in season.

NorthernHarrier

I've decided that mountain biking in the early morning is much easier than running. Could become my new routine for a while. Trails were awesome this morning and lonely  Big grin.   SRD from running so tomorrow will be something somewhat intense, just don't know what yet.

QOTD:  will eat the occasional  wild Snickers bar if they're in season.

Nice. I'll keep my eyes open!

QOTD--Always grazing. I have iron guts so never a GI worry for me.

DPC--I despise technology(mostly anyway)  And I will never, ever understand texting. I'll watch people text back and forth to each other and I just  wonder why they just don't call each other and actually have a conservation.  The telegraph went extinct so we could actually converse and now were going backwards. Don't get it.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Resting the last couple days I  have a race this weekend and last weekend I had the strangest muscle pain in my quad , upper mid thigh felt just like I had been kicked .  I'm keeping my fingers crossed resting it this week cured it .

DPC--I despise technology(mostly anyway)  And I will never, ever understand texting. I'll watch people text back and forth to each other and I just  wonder why they just don't call each other and actually have a conservation.  The telegraph went extinct so we could actually converse and now were going backwards. Don't get it.

I don't text either . I figure anyone can call me or email me no need to text me . Even my boss suggested getting me yet another phone so he could text me , I have two phones and a computer  .

Sandy-2

Did about 3 miles on part of the loop trail around Leadville this morning.  Sucking wind isn't the word for it.  I guess I'm still not acclimated yet. It was also about 37 deg.  Loved it, well except the whole lack of breathing thing.

qotd: nope.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD, yes when the picking is good.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running date after work with old friend, current runnning partner and Earl, the Mutt at Empire mine for 7.

QOTD:  Blackberries, cherries and Plums. I worry a little when I pick the low berries, as in I wonder if a dog pissed on them but I still eat them.  Joking

DPC:  Nope using it.  I hate talking on the phone so I like texting.  I actually love Skype because I feel like I am not talking on a phone be in person.  I actually talk to my Dad now because neither one of us liked talking on the phone.

Northern:  How'd it go this weekend?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Plan on 4-5 after work

DPC, I guess I'm a fan of technology, I text and use my phone as a computer.

QOTD I dont even notice berries when I'm running, however they are all around my house for picking.

Snowdenrun

Went on a short easy run yesterday and turned around when I decided my knees had had enough. As I was running on the single track trail I heard this guitar music by the creek. I quietly passed and liked his music I decided to sit down on a stump and listen for a bit. Instantly put a smile on my face. So thank you Random Musician in the Woods. You made my day.

QOTD: I stopped and picked a few berries yesterday. I pretty much stick to only eating the berries. There is quite a bit of edible food around here, but I don't know what's what yet.

Daydreamer1

Got in a nice 15 miles on the trails. Started with Temps in the 50s and low humidity. It's amazing how much better running goes when it's not blazing hot and humid.

DPC - Sometimes I do hate technology, but then sometimes I love it. I save a lot of time by using a computer at work when compared to the guys that only use it when they have to.

Harrier - Texting is good for several things. One is that it's easier to leave someone a message and it's easier to retrieve then a voice message. They can also read it several times if they want to. Secondly, and somewhat related, you can take more time to think about your reply depending on the type of conversation. Still sometimes you just have to talk directly to get a point across. It's also easier to end a conversation.

What I hate and don't understand is people's reliance on Social media like facebook. I just can't understand why people post some of the things that they do and I get tired of people pushing their own particular social agenda.

QOTD: No. I rarely see any. The old timers used to talk a lot about going up into the mountains to pick huckleberries. They claimed there were loads of them around. I never see any which may only mean that there are none along the trails. If I did see some I probably wouldn't pick any. I don't really like berries.