Trailer Trash

2015 Race Plans (Read 63 times)

Occasional Runner

I figured while we were discussing it, we could start a separate thread. This is a great way to get ideas and learn about races that might interest you. We seem to do this every year, so we might as well start now.

Here's what I have planned as of right now:

1/14/2015- Brazil 135+
    2/14/2015- Jackpot 24 Hour
    2/20/2015- Antelope Canyon 100
    3/13/2015- Monument Valley 100
    3/26/2015- Pickled Feet 48 Hour
    4/10/2015- Zion 100
    4/24/2015- Salt Flats 100
    5/8/2015- Spruce Woods 100 (Canada)
    5/15/2015- Grand Canyon 50k
    6/5/2015- Bryce 50M
    6/18/2015- Bighorn 100
    7/11/2015- Capitol Reef 100
    7/12/2015- Leadville Silver Rush 50
    8/14/2015- Tushar 100 or 93k
    8/22/2015- Leadville 100

9/11/2015- Wasatch 100

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hey, I'll finally get to meet you at Jackpot. I'm still in the process of selecting races. So far this is what I have:

2/14/2015 - Jackpot 24 Hour (originally signed up for 100M, but realize I'm not ready for that yet)

5/8/2015 - Ice Age Trail 50K (tentative, assuming I get in before the race fills)

5/30/2015 - Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 100K (tentative, 24 Hour is also an option, or 50K if I think I'm still overstepping myself)

9/19/2015 - North Coast 24

With the issues I've had in my last two 24 hour races, I'm not making any plans or commitments beyond North Coast 24 for the second half of the year until after I see how I hold up at D2D2D on 5/30.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

Aw, hell. I started this year trying run a fast 5k, and now everything's different and there's a lot open. I do intend to both not kill myself AND stay mostly in NY.. great trail/ultra community here and plenty of trails I've been just waiting to get to. Plus I've got two miniature runner chicks to keep an eye on. Most of this is all still up in the air:

1/24/15 - Beast of Burden 50(probably)

4/20/15 - Boston Marathon

5/23/15 - Sehgahunda Trail Marathon(relay)

7/26/15 - EVL Trail Run 9 mile (put on right by my buddy, Mark, at a local ski resort- this won my heart for trail running and it's a rush every time)

8/8/15 - Mendon Mighty Mosquito 99 (relay)

8/(late) - Green Lakes 50k

9/(late) - Virgil Crest 100(relay)

Lotsa relays - what can I say- I REALLY like being on a team. I'll probably run some more short distance stuff... there's a series of (~15 mile long) trail races around here that I have these half serious ideas about video documenting if I can keep from running them.

I'm not very focused, but a lot more so now.

Watoni

I made some choices during the day, so:

February: Sean O'Brien 100km/14k feet

March: Transgrancanaria 125km/27k feet

April: Zion 100 miler (elevation?)

June: Bighorn?

September: Wasatch (is there a qualifier?) or Bear 100

Birdwell

April: Zion 100 miler (elevation?)

I noticed this. Is it a question?

If so, I don't think the elevation at Zion is anything to worry about.

It never goes over 6,000' and only goes over 5,000' for a handful of miles.

You'll be fine.

(the Tushar race, on the other hand. . . . . )

Watoni

I noticed this. Is it a question?

If so, I don't think the elevation at Zion is anything to worry about.

It never goes over 6,000' and only goes over 5,000' for a handful of miles.

You'll be fine.

(the Tushar race, on the other hand. . . . . )

Sorry, I meant how much elevation gain. I am going to try to train a decent bit in Tahoe this year (when my sons are skiing). Normally up to about 10K has been ok for me, but my recent experience in Park City has me thinking ....

Birdwell

Sorry, I meant how much elevation gain. I am going to try to train a decent bit in Tahoe this year (when my sons are skiing). Normally up to about 10K has been ok for me, but my recent experience in Park City has me thinking ....

Ahh, that makes much more sense.

There are a few climbs that have caused grown men to weep on that course 

LB2

I think I will run the following:

Bobcat Bait 50 Miler in September

Pinhoti 100 in November

In the event that I don't get back to Pinhoti, I will probably run Cajun Coyote 100 in early December. But after the conversation around the dinner table last night, Pinhoti is the 100 for next year. I think I can shave a little time off this year's run now that I know the course.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

No Elephant Mountain for you this year, Kelly?  I am thinking of doing that one...probably the 22K.  (My parents are wintering in AZ this year, so I'll go visit.)

I would love to run a fall trail marathon and/or 50K.  Just gotta see if the body cooperates.  So I guess in an ideal world, this would be my schedule, but I don't know if it will pan out or not.

02/21/15 - Elephant Mountain 22K

05/02/15 - Lake Monona 20K

08/22/15 - Madison Mini Marathon

09/12/15 - Moose Mountain Marathon

10/??/2015 - Glacial Trail 50K

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

No Elephant Mountain for you this year, Kelly?  I am thinking of doing that one...probably the 22K.  (My parents are wintering in AZ this year, so I'll go visit.)

I don't know how many AZ races I'll do next year. It was easy this year because I ran on the Aravaipa Race Team and they paid my way into their races. I'm running for Ultra Adventures next year, so that's why my race schedule has so many of their events on it. I prefer to run the races that I don't have to pay for.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That makes sense.  I would prefer to run races I didn't have to pay for too!

Running is dumb.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The only definite races so far

2/28 Phoenix Marathon

3/14 Mesquite Canyon 50 Miler.  I've done the 50K distance the past 2 years so I figure it's time to step up to my first 50 miler.

I'm tempted to come do Elephant Mountain for an FE with MM.  

And I'd sure like to do another R2R2R.  I'm thinking spring time (late April) to piggy back on a good training cycle.

You people have issues 

4/18/15 - Hyner 50k

5/17/15 - Dirty German 50k

6/13/15 - Laurel Highlands 70.5

???

If Laurel Highlands goes well I would be tempted to sign up for a fall 100 but that's probably just because the Trail Film Fest got me super inspired. We'll see about the fall.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm tempted to come do Elephant Mountain for an FE with MM.  

I will let you know if I sign up!    It would be a shame not to have a FE somewhere!

Running is dumb.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I have some plans for the first part of 2015 , then it will be fluid depending on how well things hold up

Feb - Yet another for Jackpot 24 hour Las Vegas , did this race last year and liked it

March - Razorback 100k , near San Jose CA .

April - Downtown River Run ( marathon ) Reno

April - Salt Flats 100 ( Utah) I attempted it last year but got lost on the mud flats , the weather was crazy , need to try again . It will also be my third attempt at a 100 ....three times the charm right ?

October - Pony Express 100