Trailer Trash

THE Thursdaily (Read 34 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4 miles of some sort of speed intervals this morning.  And then a light workout at the gym.  Pretty windy here on the east coast.  Stay safe out there.

QOTD: DO you have a favorite part of your run? (beginning, middle, end, 1st mile, 20th mile, 78th mile)

For whatever reason the second hour for me feels great.  Before and after that could be good but most any run of 2 or more hours, that 2nd hour is awesome!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

One last easy 2-mile shakeout run before Rocky Raccoon!  Have my bags mostly packed; Weegee and I will be boarding a redeye tonight to Houston.  Looks like the weather is going to be great, although a tad warmer than I normally like.

qotd: my favorite parts are after I've warmed up and when I can see (or smell) the finish line!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Going to get some man biking today- north of Charleston, cooler today but still very warm by MT stds; yesterday's run was outstanding and was followed w/ some fresh seafood for lunch

qotd: I'd have to agree the 2 nd hour usually is very good, beginning is always slow!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Very windy still, so I am a bit hesitant to run in the woods. Probably going to spend a few miles on the bike path.

Jamie: Nice morning workout!

EDRW: Good luck for your race!

warden: Seafood sounds good, although on my last run, I was constantly thinking of that nice crunch when you bite into warm cinnamon-apple sticky buns...

QOTD: Second hour sounds good, and anything after that. The first three miles can be good, then I usually make this a tempo run. When they are bad, I hope for recovery, which usually happens, and everything is good after that.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in an hour at the pool this morning.

QOTD: depends on the run. Sometimes I like the begining, some times the middle, somtimes the end.

occasionally I'll like the whole thing. some days I don't like any of it.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I did nothing yesterday so I really need to get out and put some miles in tonight.  I had every intention of going out last night...it was rainy but 50 degrees.....but the DD wasn't feeling well and likes going to sleep with me so I ended up curling up with her and falling asleep.  No regrets....we had a great rest together.

qotd:    not really.......there are days when I enjoy all aspects of the run and days when it feels like work.......but no pattern has emerged yet.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good luck EDRW and WeeGee this weekend! And anyone else doing RR.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Did you ever have one of those days when you feel like you feel like you are "one with the trail" and could run forever?  Well today was not that day!  Tried some speed work, and had nothing in the tank.  I'll blame the 25 mph wind with 40 mph gusts that seemed to be in my face all the time.  So I switched from a logging road to a wooded trail.  Limbs were down all over, so my run became trail leaping and obstacle avoidance.

Good Luck EDRW.  Safe travels.

QOTD:  Funny question because DW and I were talking about this the other day.  We joked that we would sound pretty arrogant if we told people, "I don't really warm up until 5 or 6 miles into my run".  So +1 to the second hour..

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

boyjame: speed work...nice stuff

EDRW: good luck this weekend. You got this!!

mtwarden: enjoy the ride

ftyc: braver than I running out in this wind. Good luck.

birdwell: I never swim...always sounds like a great workout. I need to get  a gym membership so I can test the waters

mecrowe: enjoy your run tonight

AT: hate days like that. At least you pushed through it.

Did 6 indoors today, the wind is crazy.

qotd: Usually after 15 miles or so. That is when I really start warming up and feeling good.

NorthernHarrier

I'm hoping the rest of the week will be drama free. No more tire blow-outs and the colonoscopy is behind me Big grin now. Smooth sailing I hope.

7 miles on the road today and I need to bundle up as it is gonna be a real winter day complete with a nice wind chill. Weights in the man cave tonight while finishing the last of my Allagash whites. Where's that beer drinking little thingie? Wink

QOTD-- I enjoy all parts-seldom a bad run. Maybe way back when I was competitive in 10k's the roughest was always mile 4-5 to maintain focus and effort but that was way back in time. There have been a couple death marches in 50k's but in a way I even enjoyed those.

Had an AMAZING hill workout in the rain last night and my legs are still burning Smile

Tonight will be an easy 5, then dinner at a fancy schmancy steakhouse for restaurant week here in Philly.

QOTD: I'm actually a big fan of the "second hour" too. But that's relatable to all distances/times for me. And as painful as it is, I love the end of races. When you realize you are going to finish/PR etc, and become overwhelmed with emotion.

The pooch and I had a nice 5 mile trail run.  The trail was soupy and the stream crossings deep.  Also the wind was howling.  Marley got her nose on a raccoon, but didn't grab it.  She killed one last year, but she let this one go.  I think if he had turned to fight the result would have been different.  She let it retreat up a tree.

QOTD: No, no particular part is my fav.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Wandering Wally

Total fail last night.  Had a hamstring that tightened up and would not get loose.  Grr.  Bailed and went home.

QOTD:  Usually the 2nd half of whatever distance it is.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

KreegSauceRuns

4.5 | 44:35 today at lunch.  Nice and slow.

QOTD:  After I get warmed up I feel good and enjoy it  In my first 100k, 18-30 sucked but 30-45 were pretty awesome.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

runtraildc

3 miles on the hotel gym treadmill.   read 'closet', but it is 20 degrees outside with 20 mph winds and snow.   just eeked by to make my monthly goal (100 miles).

qotd-- depends, sometimes it's only after 20 minutes, sometimes things don't kick in until 5 miles.