Trailer Trash

Terrific Thursdailies (Read 215 times)

Occasional Runner

Another 20 miles on the bike this morning. Planning B2B long runs this weekend along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail followed by an ascent of Mt. Ogden if the weather allows me to get into the high country. 

QOTD: Used to be Hostess Apple Pie before an ultra. I guess I'm fucked now.

Occasional Runner

Hi All -- I've been lurking  and posting a little bit around here, and formerly lurking over at RW. But figured I might as well post while I'm here....

Started off the day with an easy 5 miler by the river and watched the sun rise over the Philly skyline. Sorta makes me wonder why I never run in the morning. It was about 32 degrees, which I far prefer over the warmer temps we've had the past couple of days.

QOTD:  Peanut butter Clif  bar and a banana

Have a great day! 

Thanks for chiming in. BTW...I've run both the races in your sig line. You should have a lot of fun with them.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi All -- I've been lurking  and posting a little bit around here, and formerly lurking over at RW. But figured I might as well post while I'm here....

Started off the day with an easy 5 miler by the river and watched the sun rise over the Philly skyline. Sorta makes me wonder why I never run in the morning. It was about 32 degrees, which I far prefer over the warmer temps we've had the past couple of days.

QOTD:  Peanut butter Clif  bar and a banana

Have a great day! 

Welcome, nice to have another eastcoaster here.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning trashy people! I did nothing yet again this morning except go to a PT appt. So my PT asks the question "how aggressive do you want to be with this?" My response at this point - "Ummmmmm...I will do whatever it takes".  So we are talking about a custom orthotic.  I did not want to go there (due to the expense) but looks like I might.  So we are going with two weeks of at home exercises, keep running in his make shift orthotic and then go back in 2 weeks - probably start the process of the orthotic and go from there.  So I have to figure out where to come up with $275 and how to approach DW about this. 

FTYC - do you have any race plans until Hyner?

lace - didn't you run 20 miles yesterday? If so, what exactly do you consider a B2B that you will do this weekend?

trailsncocktails - there is a trail event in your area (I think March) that is advertised as needing a wetsuit.  I forget the name of it.  I think last year might have been the first year but suppose to be a tough course.  Are aware of it?

everyone else - good work (either run, hike or rest)!

QOTD: I like to load up.  I often make an eggel sandwich (egg omlet in a bagel) to eat on the drive, bowl of cereal, yogurt, banana, something salty like pretzels on the drive, and an ensure.  This would only be for a longer race (5+hours). 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

neck/impingement is feeling better (been icing the hell out of it and taking NSAIDs), so I'll get a quick 6 miles in the hills this afternoon

qotd- pre-race I like to eat ~ 2 hours before, either whole grain cereal/milk or oatmeal/brown sugar/1/2&1/2, slice of whole toast or bagel, small glass of juice, basically what I eat every morning- just the timing is different

if I'm running early in the morning (non-race) I grab a mojo bar and a banana and then like a Hobbit- I have a second breakfast when I get back Big grin

edited- turn my 6 miler into a 8.5  miler Smile, ran w/ a buddy who wanted to hit some ridges I had shown him earlier- nice run!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Mornin',  I feel great but I'm still gonna skip running today. If things go as planned today I'll blow out of here early and spend the afternoon pheasant hunting. Weights and elliptical this evening while watching the NFL.

My wife's B-day today but no special plans. I did get her an ipad mini so that should keep her plenty happy I guess.

QOTD-- I am a boring creature of habit. A bowl of Special K w/berries,  glass of Tropicana, and coffee. Everyday. Even when traveling to a race. Usually just before the start of a race I'll eat a banana and/or bagel.

Enjoy the day!

AT-runner

Tim

Good mid-morning.  Ran 2 hours on the AT this morning.  Ran one of the sections where I had to do some of bouldering.  

Here is a picture of the area from this spring.  

QOTD: 1 Brown Sugar Pop-Tart and a banana.  It became my pre-race meal probably 12 years ago and now it's a tradition.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Cocktails: Welcome!

EDRW: 5'11" - wow. I thought you were short like me. Still, I also hate shopping for clothes, except running clothes!

Jamie: No race planned until the Hyner 50k. I'll do the Tussey Teasers, but they are not "real races", just some fatass-runs once a month, starting in February, leading up till the end of June. They might be more interesting this year - the course of the Tussey Mountainback 50M will be changed to eliminate the 1/2 mile stretch along the US-322 highway, and I think this will also be reflected in the "new" Teasers.

Run for fun.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Good day trail people.

3 miles last night in my new Lone Peaks and they felt really good.  No aches so far!  Tonight I'll do a mtn bike ride down to the pacific and back home.  Weather is stellar in Socal.

Usual food before work outs is a bowl of oat grain ceral and a thin 100 calorie bagel with butter and jelly.

Be well,

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

sugnim

If things go as planned today I'll blow out of here early and spend the afternoon pheasant hunting. 

Good luck!  You'll have to show us your birds after the hunt.

Thanks all for a kind welcome!  I am super jealous of all those who can consistently run trails. That's the dream! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good luck!  You'll have to show us your birds after the hunt.

Start a separate thread if you must share dead animal pictures.  I know some people here like to hunt, but others of us would prefer not to see it. 

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Start a separate thread if you must share dead animal pictures.  I know some people here like to hunt, but others of us would prefer not to see it. 

I had no idea you were a hippy pacifist. 

Uh oh... now what?

I had no idea you were a hippy pacifist. 

He meant hippie (probably).

sugnim

Sorry.  Didn't mean to offend.  I don't hunt either, only because I don't have the guts to butcher my own meat.  After being vegetarian for over 13 years, I now raise chickens, but I have to take them to the butcher when the time comes.

On the other hand, I have some awesome photos of my garden fruits & veggies.  The French heirloom tomatoes are especially gorgeous, IMHO.