Trailer Trash

Terrific Thursdailies (Read 215 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

No worries, sugnim.  We had this discussion over at RWOL a few times too.  I don't care if the hunters want to have a thread, but just keep in in the thread.  Smile  Vegetable and fruit pictures would be welcomed in the recipe thread!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

No worries, sugnim.  We had this discussion over at RWOL a few times too.  I don't care if the hunters want to have a thread, but just keep in in the thread.  Smile  Vegetable and fruit pictures would be welcomed in the recipe thread!

Hey,  How come Weegee can post a picture of his dead cat???  Shocked

LB2

Take a "hike" Mandy. (:

10 tonight.

QOTD: Peanut butter on wheat.

LB2

Occasional Runner

He meant hippie (probably).

DAMMIT!!! I rely on spellcheck far too much. 

Wasn't there a debate on the proper spelling of spellcheck at one time?

Grammar is important.

Occasional Runner

It's nice to have an active moderator that can ensure our posts don't offend. Or hurt feelings. Or whatever....

I'm a vegetarian too, but I prefer to see my veggies on my plate, not on the vine. That just ruins it for me.

NorNev

7.2 in my new mountain mascochist....run up threw the fog to the sun then ran back down into the 29 degree fog

QOTD: don't eat before running

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Let's all gather together now and hold hands, dammit.  I did post in the BF for years.  I've got this carebear and rainbow thing down well. 

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

7.2 in my new mountain mascochist....run up threw the fog to the sun then ran back down into the 29 degree fog

QOTD: don't eat before running

Do you get hoarfrost there?  On some of the running in North

Dakota we could almost see the frost forming into the superfine

fragile looking crystals of hoarfrost.  I didn't know it had a 

specific name until I got to Google and like learning about the

kinds of fog, found out there are kinds of frost.

NorNev

Do you get hoarfrost there?  On some of the running in North

Dakota we could almost see the frost forming into the superfine

fragile looking crystals of hoarfrost.  I didn't know it had a 

specific name until I got to Google and like learning about the

kinds of fog, found out there are kinds of frost.

No we don't, we rarely get fog at all and that's why it was kind of cool running in it, and above it this morning. Grew up in Santa Barbara and I'd run it it almost every day, I love fog

Wandering Wally

Hello all!

7 miles last night under the stars.  No bears were chasing me this time :-D  Tonight I'm planning to rest and roll out a grouchy IT band.

qotd - Usually just a granola bar or some toast.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

nc tam

Short neighborhood loop later.  Crazy busy day.

Sugnim  -- curious about what you do with your butcheredchickens since you're a vegetarian. 

DoppleBock

Don't really belong as I run trail seldom - But enjoy trail running and racing when I can get it.

5 fastish miles of pavement pushing at lunch - Damp and cloudy, but still nice.  Was pressed for time so it was either 4 liesurely or 5 fastish.

Will likely we working until 8-9, then off to the YMCA for some quick weights and 5-7 more on the TM

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 technical mountain miles with lots of elevation gain.

I ran in my new Brooks Pure Grit, and it was pure fun. I did not know shoes can make such a difference, especially on technical downhills. Now I know why my running buddy beats me on the downhills every time - and now I have the weapon to strike back, ha!

Only surface I would not wear the Pure Grits on is on wet, large rocks, or wet pavement downhills. They are slippery then like hell. On the day I broke them in, I had to run 1/4 mile downhill on wet blacktop, and if I had not had my vast experience as a figure skater (in my childhood, a whopping 2 years!), I would probably have fallen all over the place. They are great on dry ground, though!

I'll post a few pictures of my run today later (and no dead animals in them, promise!). I don't hunt, but my dad, my aunt, and my sister are hunters, and I have butchered the dead animals many times. I don't have a problem killing animals for food, but I wouldn't like to stalk and kill them just for the trophies. But, to each their own.

Edit: There's a new movement in Germany of people who refuse to eat a plant if it kills the plant. Only fruit and leaves are allowed, no bulbs, roots, heads, or whole plants. I wonder how they deal with the seeds?

Anyone here heard of this movement?

Run for fun.

KreegSauceRuns

Took half a sick day today.  Taking baby Gemma to the dr. for an ultrasound in a little bit.  Got in 9.2 easy miles this afternoon.  

Oh, and I threw my name in the Massanutten 100 lottery.  We'll see what happens.  Probably the stupidest legal thing I've done sober in my life.

QOTD:  banana.  maybe a granola bar too.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

sugnim

Short neighborhood loop later.  Crazy busy day.

Sugnim  -- curious about what you do with your butcheredchickens since you're a vegetarian. 

Maybe I mis-wrote that.  I was veggie for 13+ years; I'm an omnivore currently.