Trailer Trash

Winter Wednesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

I ran 3.6 or so this morning in the woods. It was cool but muggy, if that makes sense.

QOTD: Not trying to be negative, but do you ever just get totally disenchanted with your job?

Yes. Right now, I feel that way. Some things happen that are beyond my control, and it has a negative impact on what we are trying to do. We are going to try some different things and see if it gets any better. If not, I may start looking for something different next year. I wouldn't mind going back to teaching English and maybe coaching cross country. I could work a turn around during the summer to make up the difference if need be.

LB2

Gator eye

I really should go...

Baby it's cold outside

did 6 on the treadmill. Mr Jangles gave me the look as i fired it up and left me in the room all alone. The belt on my treadmill is fallong apart. I will have to replace it if it turns into a bad winter. Has anybody took on that task?

QOTD: yes. Almost a year ago i quit and took a job completely different than what i jad been doing. The pay cut sucked but so far worth every penny.

XtremeTaper

No run here today and may take the day off from the gym as well. Have an appointment for some cross frictional massage thing to help with my quadriceps tendonitis, but it feels like it's nearly recovered. Plan is to log a few miles again this weekend.

QOTD: Sometimes, but not too often. I do remote IT work and the work varies for the most part between project and support and I can work in my underwear or less in the summer. Plus I am not around office politics or micro managed either. So yeah, I think about that and it's a reality check if something gets stressful or annoying.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: Sometimes, but not too often. I do remote IT work and the work varies for the most part between project and support and I can work in my underwear or less in the summer. Plus I am not around office politics or micro managed either. So yeah, I think about that and it's a reality check if something gets stressful or annoying.

I think showing up at the office in my underwear would probably put me on the fast track to find something else. Hahaha.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Lunchtime run planned around the roads near work.  Nothing special, just trying to avoid the cars.

Gator - replaced a belt on my first TM.  Went well.  That was before YouTube, so I'm sure you can watch a video of someone doing it.

XT - Glad you are mending.

LB - The secret to long life is not stressing about things we can't control. (From a book I read about health and wellness.)

QOTD:  Most of us in healthcare are not happy.  Patients, some how, think doctors are to blame for high costs of healthcare and that is not the case.  There are 18 people making more money at our small hospital than the Chief of Cardiology.  He saves lives, the rest are administrators.  Hospital fees and pharmaceuticals are the reason for high insurance premiums. DW had a routine colonoscopy and the hospital charge was $5100 and they were paid $4900.  The doctor charged $720 and was pain $340. There's your problem.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran 6.5 this am.  I keep waking long before my alarm.  it's getting annoying but at least I am awake and get myself out the door.

Gator - no experience on the TM belt but good luck.  Could be a disaster to be running when the belt snaps!

AT - just blame it on the insurance companies!  We they are all in it for the money.   Actually we run things considerably different on the behavioral health side n- for medicaid anyways.  Although some of our providers still swear that we get "bonuses" for every time we deny a service.  if only!

QOTD: Sure.  Some days or weeks are worse than others.  I am ok with my job and have been here a little bit but also know I am working towards my dream job. Patience, got to have patience.

Have a great humpday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

LB - The secret to long life is not stressing about things we can't control. (From a book I read about health and wellness.)

I know, but sometimes, it is hard.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I know, but sometimes, it is hard.

I can't do it, but I often remind myself of that quote.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

9.3 miles Davis mt elevation gain 1300'. This is an easy climb. This was lover's lane back in the 50s-70s. I wonder how many babies were concieved here.

qotd   I work for myself so I only have me to blame.

NHLA

Maple in my yard

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

woke up to -5 this morning, but it is supposed to warm to 5 above . I'll be hitting the dreadmill this evening and probably for the next several days .

qotd: my job is pretty stress free, pays well and little to no drama, BUT I am looking forward to quitting it in three years!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Plan to do 5 after work today, but it may not happen unless I leave early.  Hmmmmm, I just may just do that...

qotd: Yeah it happens.  Since I've been back from overseas I feel a pretty big letdown, kind of like post-ultra syndrome.  It doesn't help that we've had a few layoffs due to the general oil-industry and shipping-industry downturn.  But I keep plugging away.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Just got back from hanging out with the old ladies at the gym .  The free weight room was mostly quiet, but the cardio and weight machine room had plenty of chatter and gossip. Got in a decent workout. Didn't sleep well last night so now it's off to bed for a few hours before work.

QOTD: Been that way for the past 6 months to a year.  The only people that we get in management are the jackasses. Most of the people that we hire are the village idiots.  They don't care about providing even decent patient care just about swaggering around in their uniforms trying to look important.  The young resident physicians act more like sophomores in high school than professionals who are trying to learn medicine.    I could go on and on about the problems in my field but that would end up filling a book.  Right now the biggest thing that keeps me in EMS is the schedule and the money.  2 1/2 years ago I almost entered the respiratory therapy program at the local college. If I had I'd be graduating now. The problem is that would have cost me ~ $80,000.00 in tuition and lost wages, now I'm thinking it might have been worth it even though I'd never recoup that money.  I'm hoping to tough it out for another 5-7 years then look for something that I would like better even if it's a pay cut.

On a positive note my full time job just announced that they hired a consultant. Normally that's a bad thing. This time though it's a guy I worked with years ago and if he hasn't changed he's a really good manager. Hopefully it will work out.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I  got just about 4 in again this morning...just can't seem to pull myself out of that warm bed.  Something smelled good in the woods today and Earl was going off...of course all his howls were answered by many other dogs howling. 

QOTD:  Ummm totally right now!  I know it sounds like sour grapes but I was up for a promotion and didn't get it.  They gave it to my best work buddy.  I think she got it because she just laughs a lot and everyone really likes her.  So first I had to get over that disappointment and now I have to work with her as my boss.  Unless it's a state mandated deadline she does nothing.  I keep telling her she needs to get her shit together  when working on projects with no mandates and she agrees sets up appointments and creates an agenda and then doesn't show to work that day and never reschedules.  I have always been the person in the office who makes sure the work gets done and now that she makes $30,000 more then me I feel  like just saying fuck this place.  But then I remind myself I have a year left and I can spend my time not being productive.

NHLA:  Pretty and nice house.  I could sit on that porch all day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I  got just about 4 in again this morning...just can't seem to pull myself out of that warm bed.  Something smelled good in the woods today and Earl was going off...of course all his howls were answered by many other dogs howling. 

QOTD:  Ummm totally right now!  I know it sounds like sour grapes but I was up for a promotion and didn't get it.  They gave it to my best work buddy.  I think she got it because she just laughs a lot and everyone really likes her.  So first I had to get over that disappointment and now I have to work with her as my boss.  Unless it's a state mandated deadline she does nothing.  I keep telling her she needs to get her shit together  when working on projects with no mandates and she agrees sets up appointments and creates an agenda and then doesn't show to work that day and never reschedules.  I have always been the person in the office who makes sure the work gets done and now that she makes $30,000 more then me I feel  like just saying fuck this place.  But then I remind myself I have a year left and I can spend my time not being productive.

NHLA:  Pretty and nice house.  I could sit on that porch all day.

That's 30k reasons to be upset! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday