Trailer Trash

Late today Sundaily (Read 27 times)

moonlightrunner

Anybody out there?

Having a relaxing day...well as relaxing as it can get with two children under 2 years old. The DD is at the apartment trying to organize while I have the kids at the great grandparents.

No run yet today. Last night I tried to get today's run over with, but only got 9 of 18 done. It was so dark...and I have not yet made friends with running in the dark. I'll do some miles late in the evening...try to ease into darkness.

Qotd: What about you? Are you friends with thedark side of running?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Stayed up too late watching a crappy ending to a football game so I didn't feel like a long drive to the Kettles. Ended up doing a faster paced road run of 7 miles. I just have too much stuff to do today with more rain coming tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow evening I will get that long trail run in that I need.

Moonlight--your mileage as of late is impressive. Good job.

QOTD--Doesn't bother me, road or trail. I'll have to do it to some extent once the days become shorter. In the past with my job I could run at anytime during the day so I never did it except for a fun diversion once in awhile. I do find it real enjoyable once there is snow on the ground. Beautiful winter look with a little moon shining and reflecting off the snow.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

At work, chewing on a jalapeno bagel. They are so much tastier warm!

Run later, it is raining heavily on and off, but it is very warm, so that's calling for a run up to the top of the mountain.

Moonlight: have a nice evening run into the sunset!

QOTD: I like night running, but I had to get used to it. I'm a scaredy cat, so the first 10 or so runs were frightening. Until I had learned to keep my thoughts in check, and enjoy the night.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did 8 this morning.  Almost the same as yesterday, ok to start but then rough near the end.  Although today we went a bit faster than yesterday.  Just need for the temps to cool off, I'm sure that will help my legs more than anything.

qotd: I've said it before, I do my best work in the dark....  usually it's because temps are lower.  I like running at night.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Yesterday I did few hours on the trails in NY, mostly a scouting mission. Trails were hilly

and technical, in some spots treacherous, but I really enjoyed it. Today I did 8 miles on

a rail trail that was just what I needed, flat and straight.

We got a call last night from our dog boarder, our oldest Corgi passed last night. Mickey

was 13 and was playing with his doggy friends up to within a few hours of passing, he was

a great dog; happy go lucky and always up for anything. He will be missed.

QOTD: I get nervous at first but love night running once I'm used to it.

Occasional Runner

12 trail miles with Jo and the pup. I had planned on heading up to the ski areas but changed my mind and stayed on the trails right behind the house. We took a route that I rarely use, so I'm glad we did it.

QOTD: I run in the dark every morning during the week, but I wait longer on the weekends and don't head out until daylight. I enjoy running in the dark quite a bit and it's nice to have a high level of comfort with it because it's pretty essential for 100 mile race training.

moonlightrunner

Yesterday I did few hours on the trails in NY, mostly a scouting mission. Trails were hilly

and technical, in some spots treacherous, but I really enjoyed it. Today I did 8 miles on

a rail trail that was just what I needed, flat and straight.

We got a call last night from our dog boarder, our oldest Corgi passed last night. Mickey

was 13 and was playing with his doggy friends up to within a few hours of passing, he was

QOTD: I get nervous at first but love night running once I'm used to it.

Sorry about your dog. So glad he had a good day with his friends. My bet is it was a good life.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Ended up doing 40.5 miles on the bike yesterday so my legs are sore in places they are not usually sore. Spending the day at work for 24 hours. So far it's been busy.

QOTD: I don't do a lot of night running, but I like it when I do. I especially like it when there is snow on the ground, a full moon, and Temps below 20.

No run for us again today I have been toting and fetching for my DW after her surgery and have had pain in the tendons in the back of one knee, so I took a few days off.

QOTD: I like running in the dark sometimes even with no light.  Mountain biking in the dark is fun too.  For me running in the dark usually means in the morning before daylight rather than in the evening these days.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

So sorry to hear that.  My condolences to you ant your family.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Plan on a quick 4-5 miles right after work.

Jonferg, sorry to hear about your dog, it's sucks to lose a  pet.

QOTD I don't mind running on the roads or the rail trail in the dark, if I run in the morning's it's always dark. Running on real trails i need a little more practice.

Watoni

A quick up and over the hill and back on the bike this am -- damn conference call.

Anyway, hoping for another 5-7 miles on some local trails (rolling, not too technical).

QOTD: Well, I should do it more. Given the amount of mountain lion activity lately, the bride points out it is not the smartest thing to go running alone into those mountains.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Will probably hit the spinner later.  Otherwise getting some stuff done around the house like power washing (just got a new toy). It's rather fun blasting the cobwebs and spiders off our house.

Jon - very sorry for your loss.  Yay for the new trails.

QOTD: I do many of my road runs in the dark.  I quite enjoy it since usually no one is out.  Got to watch for skunks in our new neighborhood.  Haven't seen any yet but sure do smell them at night.  Trails in the dark I am ok with.  Need for practice to gain confidence though.  Like northernharrier, I quite enjoy the snow running in the dark.  I plan to do this much more this coming winter.  With a nice moon, sometimes don't even need a light.

Have a great day and labor day everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Jonferg: sorry to hear about your dog. So sad to lose a pet.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Got the baby back from the hospital yesterday and made our way home this morning.

He's happy, smiling and no longer looks like Sloth from Goonies.

No running for me today.

I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow.