Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 32 times)

It was 20 F and just light enough to run without a light when we started out on our 4 mile trail run today.  I love this weather.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

5+ yesterday after work. I'll probably do 5 tonight after work. Today has started off good and bad; I got pulled over by a state trooper right out of the driveway this morning, 70 in a 55.

A. I don't know if my truck will go 70.

B. I could not have reached more than 45 or 50 between the driveway and where he pulled me over.

C. I know I was only going about 45.

Oh well, he didn't give me a ticket.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

10 degrees out in the boonies here, and I'm heading up the mountain. Something is telling me that this might be a run more on the chilly side, with winds around 15-25 mph...

Planning on 7-10 miles.

TT: Sounds very nice. I love the sunrise on a winter morning!

LB2: The ending is well, so I guess it's all well. Focus on the bright side of things, it's better for you!

Sandy: This one is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmlTk_3NN_g

QOTD: Have you ever been on a big ship (cruise ship, ferry ship, etc.) in bad weather?

I have been on ferries in bad weather, once on Lake Michigan, with waves collapsing over the top car deck (and I feared the cars would start slipping, but they didn't), and once on a passage from Juneau to Skagway in Alaska, that's when I got terribly seasick.

Run for fun.

LB2

LB2: The ending is well, so I guess it's all well. Focus on the bright side of things, it's better for you!

I figure he pulled me over to try to get an autograph from one of Kelly Agnew's pacers. Then, he chickened out when he got up to the window. I can barely go to the grocery store anymore without getting mobbed. Smile

QOTD: Yes. I have. I did not like it.

LB2

Occasional Runner

6 easy trail miles with the dog. I've been running with a lot of intensity lately, so I wanted to take an easy day before I began to see negative results. It was pleasantly warm this morning and I accidentally overdressed for the occasion, but it felt nice. Sounds like we might have some snow headed our way this weekend, which is going to potentially cut my mileage. Not happy about this.

QOTD: I was on a cruse ship in a storm one morning. While I hung over. It was terrible.

I figure he pulled me over to try to get an autograph from one of Kelly Agnew's pacers. Then, he chickened out when he got up to the window. I can barely go to the grocery store anymore without getting mobbed. Smile 

Burke- Do what most people normally do. Deny you know me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I have always suspected Kelly to be a bad influence. But I wasn't aware that it was THAT bad.

If you had gotten a ticket, you should have forwarded it to him to settle. It's all his fault, after all. 

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get 6 in this evening with the headlamp; I have to admit getting to the trailhead in the dark and cold is a little less motivating than running in nicer weather in the daylight Smile

qotd: no large boats, but I used to patrol Ft Peck reservoir (~ 130 miles long) and we would get some dandy storms- it was no fun and often very dicey getting back.  I often had to turn folks back who were headed out in bad weather in a completely unsuitable boat for the conditions; some people didn't have a clue what they were about to get into 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Took a while to thaw out after yesterday's run.  Hope to get in a few miles over lunch.

Ordered some more DryMAx winter socks.

Anyone here from Buffalo area.  Looks crazy there, with some parts getting over 6' of snow.

LB2 - You didn't have to play the Mayor Card?

QOTD:  Spring break, Junior year in college on a day trip from Ft. Lauderdale.  Did not end well.  I was fine until I heard most of the people around me getting sick, then the smell pushed me over the edge.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Cold here, but not as nippy as Couch's neck of the woods.  Will get a slow and easy 3 or 4 tonight, while the kiddos are in the pool.    Maybe I'll get on the trails before they close the for the deer hunt.

qotd:  Lots.  I worked as a fisheries biologist in the Alaska for a few years. I remember one day being outside on deck and having the air literally sucked out of me by the wind.  And it was bitter cold.  And ice was everywhere.  I worked fast that day.  Later that trip, we were close to one of the aleutian islands and I could see the steam coming out of the volcano.  Made it all worthwhile.

Probably 6 miles after work, maybe I'll even venture outside tonight haha.

Unrelated, but I'm getting excited about a snowboard trip we're planning out to Park City, Utah this winter. Hopefully there's some good snow in early March.

Lace up, that's probably not far from you, what are the conditions like around that time of year?

QOTD: I have not...

QOTD:  No.  I have been in plenty of rough weather in smaller craft (30' and under).

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Lace up, that's probably not far from you, what are the conditions like around that time of year?

Park City is less than an hour from my house. March is the best time to come out for skiing and snowboarding. The snowpack is at its peak and the weather is the best. It'll be really nice during the day and feel like t-shirt weather but the mountains will still be prime.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

Got in 5 frigid miles with some nice climbing this morning, It's gonna take a

little while to acclimate to winter again.

QOTD: Yes, but I think I have an unfair advantage for this qotd. I was a heavy

rescue boat operator in the Coast Guard, so I've been out in everything. During

heavy weather rescues we would harness ourselves to the boat, the one that

is self-righting/self-bailing, ie; meant to rollover. I've been scared to death during

a few especially hairy rescues, and have put that boat over on it's side, but never

rolled. Good times!

LB2

LB2 - You didn't have to play the Mayor Card?

No. I never do that. I just take it and deal with it later. I once had a broken shoulder and had to go to PT about a mile from my house. I didn't put my seat belt on that morning because, well, I had a broken shoulder. So, I turned the corner, almost at the PT, and a trooper was there doing a seat belt check. He flagged me over; took my information, etc. In the midst of all this, I forgot to put my insurance card in the truck. So, he starts writing tickets. I didn't want my truck towed, so I told him that I could print my insurance card out from a computer at town hall, which was just down the street.

He said, "Town hall?"

I said, "Yes, I am the mayor here. And my office is right around the block."

He said, "Well, sir, why didn't you tell me that you were the mayor from the start."

I replied, "What would you have thought of me if I had jumped out of the truck spouting off about being the mayor?"

He said, "You have a good point. But I have already written this ticket. Just take it to the DA; I am sure they will dismiss it."

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't get up but than there is a group run after work I will do.  They will probably do 5 to 6 miles.

QOTD:  I have been on booze cruise in Mexico with a hangover and it was HELL!!!  Drinking didn't even help me!

LB2:  Ya how the hell can you get going that fast in that short of distance.  I have a feeling your a low driver anyways because you are looking into the woods for turkeys or unknown to you trails!  You must have pulled out of your driveway after the speeder passed.

runtraildc:  That sounds cool.

jonferg67:  Hey..nice to see you again.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄