Trailer Trash

Fridailes (Read 32 times)

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile trail run. Marley was very anxious to run. I was glad since she was showing some "couch potato" tendencies before I left for my backpacking trip.

BTW. The trip went well but not according to plan. I lost 10 pounds between leaving for my drive across the country and driving home after 10 days and 150 miles on the trail.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Short run this morning. That is all.

Hey TT - good to see you back.  Are you going to write something up about your trip? Pictures? We would all love to hear (I mean read) about it.  Welcome back!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

SRD for me.

Quick update from DD's  race in Mongolia:

She did another 100 mile day and has regained the lead.  There is a little drama because for the 2nd time in 2 days, she has arrived at a vet check only to find that the vet has not arrived yet.  That means she had to wait for the vet and lose time on the field, especially the person she has been neck-and-neck with over these past few days.  They documented the first period as 20 minutes and I'm guessing that the second one may be the same or longer.  On top of that they asked my daughter and the other person to "hold" at Urtuu 21 so they could get a vet out in front of them, so they will both get "hold" credit time and because my DD got to the station before the other person my DD will get more time credit.

It sounds messy but what it means is that, kind of like the Tour de France, my DD and the other person are now both in the same spot for the night at Urtuu 21, 100 miles from the finishline, but my DD has a "virtual lead" of I guess somewhere between 20 to 60 minutes, they just haven't informed us what that "vertual lead" is.  I'll have to wait until the Day 6 blog is released to know more.

TT: welcome back, sounds like a great adventure, we do need a "RR".

boyjame: Nothin' like a short run.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

SRD or me today.

TT - We need pictures!

Sandy -  DW and I have been closely following your daughter.  To us, it feels like the Tour de France or the Olympics, where we would get up in the morning and check results.  I passed the link on to some horsey friends, and they are following too.  So tell Devan she has a growing online community pulling for her.

QOTD:  Do you follow any running/sports events online?

I usually follow a few Ultra events (especially if I know someone running) and always look at TdeF and Olympic results in real time.  Right now I'm streaming the PGA Championship online.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Hello trailers,

Had an awful 5 miles last night, which was a result of sleep deprivation, too much engagement celebrating, and terrible humidity. I also had a female upper body issue that I'm going to get checked out today at the doctors, which hurt severely during my run. Not fun.  Hoping to get a run in later if these issues are resolved.

QOTD: I follow March Madness, the olympics, and ultras online.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work today.  So happy it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!

QOTD: I run two fantasy football leagues.  Blush  I also enjoy March Madness time.  And I follow various ultra events if I know people running, which is usually the case.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Trials and tribulations in Newark continues so it appears to be a URD.   Tried the hotel gym treadmill, which appeared nice enough but after three minutes, felt like running in a sweaty, tuna can so I gave up.  Really, who designs these things?  Do they build a maintenance closet and then throw in a couple of treadmills, towels and a water cooler?  Ok, enough of this rant.  I'll be home tonight for 12 hours until I leave for vacation (which includes backpacking in Isle Royale NP, so I'm excited).

TT- welcome back.  Your quick commentary is leaving us all curious so a 'report' is needed (please).

Sandy-- I'm following your daughter, too.  Very exciting!  (and I knew nothing about this sport until you have shared it with us so thank you).

qotd:  not really, just the Olympics when they come around.  And now, of course, the Mongol Derby.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Welcome back, TT.

Sandy-That's great about your DD.

I went out again this morning to check my calf, still have an issue so no run. Still planning

to go out tomorrow morning, it may turn into a long walk.

QOTD: I'm not much of a sports fan, I watch a little baseball during playoffs-that's about it.

Since you all asked, I'll post a "RR" later today.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

2 miles before weights today.

Had a new running experience during my 3-hour run in Corte Madera SP yesterday. I got started late and knew I would finish an hour after sunset. It was very foggy, and I was alone on rugged single-track trails. As the darkness started to close in, I felt quite vulnerable. Especially after I startled few big animals in the darkness right next to the trail. To be able to hear better, I emptied out my water bottles. As my senses adapted to the dark, the world opened up again, and I could see and hear what was going on around me.

I was moving quite fast and almost soundlessly through the dark, guided by the yellow leaves that had fallen on the trail. It was a very intimate and peaceful experience. I will want to do this again.

TT: I label my misadventures TR instead of RR -- "Trip Report" instead of "Race Report". That way people who care only about races can avoid them.

QOTD: I am patently uninterested in watching others do sports. Especially anything professional where they all depend on drugs to compete. That said, I enjoy race reports, and the most interest I've felt in a long time is for Sandy's DD's race. That is a cool thing!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

muppy

Finally had some time to run last night, and was some ugly lighting and thunder storms, so no run.

Will run something tonight.

Welcome back TT!

Sandy, that's awesome about your DD, hope she stays up front!

QOTD I follow the Phillies in baseball, and the Steelers who have their first game (pre season) Saturday night, which is also my girlfriends birthday, so guess its a coin flip which I do!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Ended up with 4.5 around the neighborhood yesterday...course preview after work.

+1 to following the Texan Temujin...actually + a few because I've recruited some other interested parties to watch.  If anyone has not watched to promo video I recommend it...just awesome.

**Ask me about streaking**

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Seven miles yesterday evening right before we had 1" of rain in an hour , our normal rainfall for the year is 7" . It is currently Hot August Nights one of the largest classic car shows in the USA , felt bad for all the old car owners who will be doing some clean up today for the show and shines .

QOTD :  I follow some endurance online I have a friends who compete , I follow horse breed specific shows online , some ultra races if I know people running .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5.2 sluggish miles out there this am.  You know the saying "I left it all out there?"  Well hell I didn't even brinr "it".  Tommorrow some jeeping and kayaking, will run next to the jepp to get 4 to 6 miles in.  Sunday another segment of the Rim Trail in Tahoe.

QOTD:  Besides Ultra events, the  Itadorod

Trailtromper:   Losing 10 pounds sounds like a positive to me.

Sandy:  Also a follower...very exciting.

Runtraildc:  The gyms seem to be an after thought in hotels.    Isle Royale, something I need to do.

chnaiur:  That sounds very cool.  One day DH and I were walking a dog at night in the park.  No lights and "something" walked by us.  We both asked to you see/feel that?  We heard nothing but both sensed something walked by us.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

We will see. I don't know what I will have time for after work today, not too worried about it though.

QOTD: I follow a few ultra's online. I usually hope irunfar is tweeting it. They seem much more accurate than most of the actual webcasts. I remember looking at the webcast at Pinhoti last year that had me checking in at mile 63 in about 14 hours when I had dropped at mile 36 or so...

LB2