Trailer Trash

Frozen Fridailies (Read 37 times)

Marley and I had a great five mile trail run this morning. It was 11 F and breezy so it was clear that Spring has not arrived.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Mid 30's here this morning, not too bad. I'll get 7 to 9 after work and 18 to 20 tomorrow. February was a rough month for mileage/time running.

QOTD: Do you schedule any extended breaks (defined as one week or more with no running) during the year? And if so, how do you feel it impacts your running?

Yes. I generally take about a month with significantly reduced mileage/time with 7 to 10 days with no running whatsoever during the spring turkey season. I may or may not do that this year because I had an extended break this month with a stomach virus.

I think it helps me.

LB2

SillyC

I'm so jealous of your warm temps!  I had everything set out to run again, and then looked at my weather station.  It was -4.  Yes Farenheit.  I looked at the gigantic stack of clothing, and I looked at the weather station, and I just about cried again.  Back in bed I went.  I never got out yesterday because I was shivering all day.

I'm going to go out after work when it will probably be in double digits.  -4 is just so much work with the eyelashes freezing, and the sweat freezing.

QOTD - no, I don't really schedule a break for myself.  Although the winter can be pretty rough here, and I sometimes end up with an unscheduled break due to everything sucking.  Right now, the snowbanks are so high that I often feel like I'm running through the topiary maze in The Shining.

Occasional Runner

I had a great trail run this morning. It's low 40's today and it feels perfect for a hard effort. I probably ran 8 miles, but I need to review the route. I'm eager for my long run tomorrow. I've been feeling strong and I want to really push it tomorrow.

QOTD: I had planned for February to be a cutback month but it looks like I logged fewer miles than I had planned. But I'm running really well, so I can't complain.

sugnim

Good morning all.  We're having a blizzard here and none of the roads are passable.  I "ran" to work this morning.  Since the snowdrifts were over my knees, it was more like stomping than running.  I had my eyes closed much of the time as the wind gusts are at 50 mph & snow was blowing everywhere.  I"m hoping a co-worker with 4wd will give me a lift home.

QOTD:  I don't keep to a running schedule, so I don't keep to a break schedule either.  The times when I take extended breaks are due to illness or work.

runtraildc

No run this am, nor will there be another for the next 4-6 weeks, except for the 'weightless treadmill' at PT 3x/week.  skiing season is over, also.  Needless to say, I'm pissed as this also means my trail HM is off  in March and most likely, no Zumbro.  Though, I may wait to make the call on Zumbro til later.  Grand scheme of things, this is not a bad deal at all  (I get it Mandy, Jamie and others!).  Can I start drinking now?  It is Friday.

Ok, rant over, let's move on. Heading to the gym.  Maybe I'll try one of those spin classes

qotd:  Nope, and I've never taken off large stretches of time, except for childbearing and in those cases, I was too exhausted to care, let alone actually run.  Which might explain my reaction above.  Reality/Withdrawal setting in.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

The plan is for 7 cold miles after work today.  Maybe some bonus miles as I slacked yesterday.  Riding the bike for 30 mins.  According to FedEx I should have the kettlebell I ordered earlier this week, so I'll have a go at that also (trying to keep things interesting and work the upperbody a bit)

QOTD: I don't schedule it, but I know from experience that the summer months will be a dip in my training and I am ok with that.  I think I'm going to sign up for a local 1/2 ironman that happens in August? to try and keep myself motivated.  Summer might become "learning to swim" this year.

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

Running 3-5 this pm and doing weights after. Taking the kids up to Tahoe to check out the 12" of fresh snow that came this week.

45 minutes until the cafe opens and I can get my lunch burrito. Can't wait.

QOTD: I don't schedule "no running", but I schedule cut-back weeks every 4 weeks.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Gator eye

6 on the TM this morning. My TM running seem to always turn into something harder than planned mostly cause I get bored and start playing with the buttons.

QOTD: My body usually schedules breaks for me, I always seem to end up hurting something that makes me take a week or two off during the year. Most of the time it's from doing stupid stuff like playing with the button on the TM during what should of been a slow easy run that turned into a hill/speed work out.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sunshine, and the temps are up in the teens (from 0 this morning), so I'm heading out for a run up a mountain. I am not sure about the snow/ice conditions, and I just discovered that my microspikes are broken in one tiny spot, so I might have to cut it short today. Can't believe that after 3 full, long seasons, and some hundred miles on them (300+), these things go bye-bye already. If I hadn't studied material failure, and therefore know that just a tiny crack can lead to catastrophic failure, I wouldn't be worried, but with this darn background, just running care-free in them is, well, not easy. I am overthinking this again, right? Sigh. So out the door it is! QOTD: no schedule. My breaks are due to illness, injury, or a motivational black hole. And this ramping up and down does not do me good at all, at least physically. I do better with just running consistently, with some variations iin distances and terrain.

Run for fun.

QOTD: It depends on what you mean by schedule a break.  I don't do it for the purpose of taking a break, but do usually go on a long bicycle tour or backpacking trip that in effect becomes a break from running.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

again nothing...not a schedule break..just life.

qotd: my running isn't scheduled

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

If I hadn't studied material failure, and therefore know that just a tiny crack can lead to catastrophic failure, I wouldn't be worried, but with this darn background, just running care-free in them is, well, not easy.

Talking about material fatigue, you must be fun to sit next to on an airplane.

SRD today.  Hope to get long run on trails tomorrow as we are waiting for next big storm to pounce.

QOTD:  Running is my scheduled break from life, so no, I don't stop during the year.  I have cut-back weeks, but never stop for a week or two.  I think I'd go crazy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Nice muddy lunch run cut short by rubbing in the shoe ....  apparently the new version of my shoe fits differently Sad

QOTD: Not really. I need to take what I can get when i can get it.

Birdwell

Got in 2 miles before driving to Mesa for the Phoenix Marathon (doing the half) tomorrow.

I predict the race will not end well .