Trailer Trash

Far To Go Fridaily (Read 32 times)

moonlightrunner

Good mornig! I have far to go today...and I hope some of the distance actually involves running. Some of the distance will involve legal hoops...obtaining, filling out and filing restraining orders, custody filings...and getting the window DD's ex busted to get into our apartment.

Qotd: My running lately has been devoid of its usual joy. Running on the bike path at night sucks the joy right out of running for me. I consider it my "outdoor treadmill". I attribute much of it due to short days/long darkness. Do you have similar feelings this time of year? I think snow would help..at least it would be pretty and light my way at night.

I hope you all have great runs today!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

I felt like hell when I woke up.  I'll probably take a rest day unless I get inspired later.

QOTD:  If I had to run on a bike path at night I would. feel the same way.   I am retired now so that is a non issue.  When I was still working, to avoid that I just ran real trails in the dark.  Granted the pace was greatly reduced on the technical ones, but at least it was fun.  These days I still run in the dark sometimes just because I want too.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Good morning, folks!  I ended up skipping yoga yesterday and just ran (in the dark and on the streets- blah).   One thing after another came up and I just ran out of time.  But good news is they are making real progress on our garage.  We might have a roof by the end of today and doors next week!  So, today will be about 5 miles fit in sometime.

Queen- Fine looking pup!  My brother had several Rotts.  Very smart dogs and very loyal.  MIght be a good balance with the 'happy go lucky' Lab genes.  Hopefully Earl will adapt to the new housemate soon.

Moonlight- Good luck!  and sorry to hear about the break-in/return of DD's ex.

qotd:  Well, my running lacked joy and motivation this summer and early Fall, so I definitely know that feeling.  Running this streak has helped a lot for me-- while some days it takes a lot to get out there and I just go for my minimum, I'm really seeing the benefits to my running.  Mostly mentally, but definitely physically, too.

Occasional Runner

6 playful mountain miles with the puppy this morning. We're still having great weather here, which is making my morning runs very comfortable. I hope this keeps up for a while.

QOTD: This time of year, I'm usually pretty focused on my yearly mileage goals, so I'm running with some enthusiasm. I love running in the winter anyway, especially around the holidays.

moonlightrunner- Sorry to hear about the drama. Seems like everybody has to have their fair share at some point in their life.

muppy

Got in 3.5 walk/jog miles last night.

QOTD I would agree with you, and I do run on a rail trail in the dark it's a very monotonous and boring unless a deer jumps out 3 feet front of me. However I can run  on the roads in the morning and have a nice time, but they are country roads and nobody's around at 4:00 AM.

LB2

I had a great running week going, and then the storms started yesterday evening. So, I cancelled my run yesterday, and I don't think it will happen today, either. We have more storms off and on all day. I am not too concerned, though. I'll get plenty of time to run the next two weeks. On a good note, the fast running I have been doing this week seems to have cleared up my IT Band issues. They were not bad enough to even mention, but they seem to be totally gone now. I guess I was getting too much rest.

Moonlight: It pisses me off just thinking about your situation. I just don't understand why people have to act stupid sometimes. I hope it all works out quickly.

QOTD: I run trails at night. I love it.

LB2

Watoni

Probably a ride today? I got in 6 yesterday afternoon (three miles up, three down) and my Achilles was ok. The rest of me sucked (more on that later)

Moonlight -- that is insane. I have testified for a friend who was being stalked, and this is one area zero tolerance from law enforcement would be merited.

QOTD: Given I live in Northern California, it is not much of an issue. The darkness is a bit of a bummer but the main impediment is balancing work/life/family no matter the season. Lots of rain and mud lately, though. Winter is an issue actually since the boys ski most weekends and I have not found a good running schedule up there yet -- maybe I will seek out the Queen Wink

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got out of bed and ran almost 5 with Earl.  I was going to take Jack too and my husband said he's not a running dog.  I am ok with that as it would have been a pain.  It was a chilly morning but got home just before it dumped.  As I ran, I thought about you Northern, East Coast and Mid West folks who run in the cold and I solute you.  Then I thought about the one's that roll out of bed leaving warm blankets and maybe spouses to head out into that cold and I double solute you.

QOTD: I do...it's hard to get out there in the gloom especially mornings and while it is raining.  But once out there, like today, even in the gloom it's good.  When I got to the top of the hill the sun was just peaking out where the clouds did not quite meet the horizon.  The storm was coming so the wind was blowing though the trees making beautiful music.  It's just hard getting outside!

moonlightrunner:  That so sucks!!!  I don't get domestic violence and why people want to hurt others because they love them so much!  Hope you get everything you need and you have good police that are willing to support you when the dick comes around.

TT:  You not run?  You must be really sick...get better brother.

runtraildc:  Earl and Jack played together for an hour yesterday so things are looking up.  Then they got in a fight when my husband was feeding them. 

Watoni:  I thought about you when they mentioned the snow and thought; I bet he's going up there for the holidays.  Yes you have my number we can definitely hook up for a run sometime.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Then I thought about the one's that roll out of bed leaving warm blankets and maybe spouses to head out into that cold and I double solute you.

I salute these people too.  Fuck no am I leaving my warm bed to run in the morning.  I have a down comforter and a dog who sleeps under the covers.  Way too comfy.  I run after work.

Sorry to hear about the drama, moonlight   I hope things get better for you soon.

I don't think I'll run till Christmas morning.  That gives my foot 10 days off.  We'll see what happens - I like running Christmas morning.  It's SO quiet.

QOTD:  SAD gets me every year.  Running helps, but I don't enjoy my winter runs as much as my other runs.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Thought I posted earlier, but must have missed hitting "Post" button.

Moon - Good luck.  Do all that you can to protect DD and the kids.  Sorry you have to go through such a bad situation.  Motion activated lights and deer cameras / nanny cams (etc) work great at catching an asshole.

QOTD:  New trails or locations always help me.  Yesterday I had what was essentially a road run (Rock Creek Trail is all paved) and I had a blast and miles just clicked by because it was new for me.  So, change up your routine, if you can, and enjoy it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Moon - Good luck.  Do all that you can to protect DD and the kids.  Sorry you have to go through such a bad situation.  Motion activated lights and deer cameras / nanny cams (etc) work great at catching an asshole.

Those game cameras work very well. My dad caught a trespasser with one.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Those game cameras work very well. My dad caught a trespasser with one.

A friend, who is a PA State detective, gave me this advice when my office manger had an ex who was snooping around her house,  She caught him.  The picture was priceless.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

At work today so it's a SRD. Been busy so far.

Moonlight - I have a friend who is in an abusive relationship and won't leave the bastard. Earlier this week I called her just to wish them a merry Christmas and he flipped out on me. It's a very disgusting situation that has me quite upset.

QOTD -  I've been in a pretty deep funk the past several months as well for some reason. I can't really blame it on the time of year as most years I enjoy winter running even if it's on the treadmill. Right now I have no motivation.

NorthernHarrier

Thanks for the salute guys. Yes I rolled out of bed, a nice warm bed with a spouse and two Springers to brave the cold Wi. winter. Intervals by headlamp. Kinda fun but my legs took a while to get going. I don't mind doing that at all and I wish I had been doing it in the past even though I didn't need to back then.

Luckily I generally enjoy or at least tolerate winter well. But yeah, I too have my moments when you are just in a crappy stretch, either no sun for a week, too much ice, etc. At least in a couple days the sunlight increases though it will also be getting colder.

Moonlight-Can't say much that hasn't already been said. Be safe and vigilant. These abusive controlling a-holes can be unpredictable.

On the topic of cameras. Not sure if your apartment bldg is suited for your own camera setup but they are fairly inexpensive and I do believe worth it.  At my cabin there is really only one way into the property and as you go thru the gate I have a sign letting you know there are cameras. I then have the first couple out in plain sight and then there are more hidden. Also have a sign at the cabin announcing that there are bear traps set in the area. 

Sandy-2

Really tired from setting up the new appartment.  But at least it is the "permanent" one I'll be in for a while. The two others so far have been temporary situations that are sort of like camping out, the "stuff" in the apartments are thrown together crap from people who have transferred out. Boiling water for pasta in a frying pan is sort of representative....  anyway it's certainly not the end of the world and I have survived.

So this morning (Sat.) I hit the snooze button and slept in. I'll try to get a run in later. But may not.

moonlight: I just can't understand assholes who don't understand when things are over.  And then somehow think that violence and abuse is going to make things work?  WTF!!!!!!!. Just beyond my tolerance. Hope your family stays safe and the authorities do their job.

qotd: still exploring trails here, but there are some kinda boring paved paths along the rivers. But when it is dark at least there is some element of surprise. I'm also getting used to winter running again. It really cold in the morning!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL