Trailer Trash

It's the Monday after Christmas OR the last Monday in 2015! (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Looks like a pretty quiet weekend in here.  That's good.  Hopefully everyone had a good time with friends and family and got in some miles.  I did get in a few miles even if they were wet.  Kind of tired of the rain.

Looking for an update from the Queen.  Did u get er dun??? or what?

QOTD: best gift you received or gave this Christmas?

I always ask for nothing.  But I like the reactions our kids have at certain gifts we give.  DW and I made it a point to not give toys this year.  Instead we gave stuff that will get used.  We gave "experiences" - such as a trip to see Penn State gymnastics team for my 5 yr old DD.  For DS 2 we gave a cooking class since he loves cooking.  For DS 1 basketball shoes and a trip to see a game sometime in 2016.  They all seemed to really love them.  We'll see after we actually go to these things.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm back after a 4-5 day flu/bad cold respiratory thingamajig, my DW had it  and over a week went by and say thought I was in the clear- nope. Going to get 5-ish miles in after work.

qotd: best gift received were the new backcountry skis I bought for myself .  DW got me a $100 pair of slippers   (UGG) that are pretty sweet

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Back to the foggy East Coast. Had a great trip and plenty of fun running and hiking in the snow.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas / Holiday.  Now a short work week and on to the New Year.

Lace - Nice yard pics on FB. You're gong to need a bigger fence. Looks like some of the pics Blarg had last year from all the snow in NY.

QOTD:  My SIL gave me a scarf that was my BIL's.  He passed away in November and he always wore a scarf as a fashion accessory.  I cried.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I ran on the roads this morning because it'll be August before I'll be able get back on the trail. The snow is ridiculous.

Lace - Nice yard pics on FB. You're gong to need a bigger fence. Looks like some of the pics Blarg had last year from all the snow in NY.

This is my favorite from this weekend. You can barely see the top of my neighbors window.

QOTD: My new running buddy!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Looking for an update from the Queen.  Did u get er dun??? or what?

I hope so, cause otherwise I'm beating her in miles this month so far!    (Oh, the shame, the shame, getting beat by the gimp!)

I was out for a walk on Christmas day with Bella and the boyfriend and guess who we ran into?  NorthernHarrier!  (The person, not the bird.)  Just on one of the small trail systems in town.  Crazy!

I managed to get some good runs in over the long holiday weekend.  9 miles - 7 miles - 10 miles.  My hip has been very cooperative lately and fingers crossed it stays that way.  Right now the plan is to hold 30 miles/4 days a week for a while and see if I can sustain that.

QOTD: I received no gifts for Christmas and it was wonderful.  I only gave one (to my 2.5 year old niece), so I guess that's the best by default!

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning!

Cold here now, after a long period of warm, humid, sunny to overcast days. I had a few good runs, some in the warm rain, and really enjoyed it.

Christmas was good, everybody was happy with their presents, and in the evening, the whole family got into the car, and we drove to a neighboring town to see the "Holiday Lights". Lots of huge or smaller light displays, where you drive through. We enjoyed the experience.

Work in between.

I am getting ready now for a few miles with DD - in the car, diving lessons. Today's focus: parking. 

Jamie: I am sure your kids will remember the "experiences" Christmas forever!

warden: Kick that cold!

AT: Sounds like fun. Looks like you brought the cold back with you.

lace: Wonderful running buddy! I hope you'll have lots of fun together!

Great snow pics, too.

mandy: Yay for the mileage! I hope your hip has healed up now.

QOTD: A windproof running hat and a windproof headband. Love them!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. It was time for a rest day. After no running for over two weeks I put in more miles last week then any week since September. Actually got 8.8 miles in up on the mountain yesterday and actually ran into a family out hiking. They were in the area for Christmas and are from the Midwest. Turns out they are trail runners as well. Chatted for a while with them. Not something that I get to do very often as I rarely see people.

QOTD: From a gift perspective this was a very sparse Christmas. We got the kids gift cards and they got us one for Cracker Barrel. As we have all gotten older it's more difficult to buy gifts so I'm happy to skip it. If the kids would be younger it would be different.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran my race on Sunday..Well I won't call it a race as the goal was to finish.  The training wasn't that stellar.  It was a mile down, 4 miles up 5 fun runnable miles 2 up, 4 down and some around, now turn around and come back.   so there was at least 10 miles of power walking.  I felt good at the end so I turned to my friend and said we didn't try hard enough.  In the first 10 I was thinking about opting out to the 35K (I was also thinking about ending long distance running, I was also thinking about Jamie )  but the 15 to 31 were the best miles.

QOTD:  I found a new trail that links me to other trails that I avoided on my morning run because without the link I had to do too much road running to get to it.  It also by passes a huge hill that often keeps me laying in bed in the morning.

Jamie:  Basketball shoes!!  Not running shoes.

Jamie2:  We are 12 miles apart and my heal is killing me...it's gunning to be neck and neck to the end.

Mandy:  I don't see how you can take much pride in beating an OLD LADY in miles!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Lace- running snowshoes- a man's second best friend in the land of snow 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

In the first 10 I was thinking about opting out to the 35K (I was also thinking about ending long distance running, I was also thinking about Jamie )  but the 15 to 31 were the best miles.

Motivation - any way you can get it.  Pretty soon you guys will be dreaming about eachother.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran my race on Sunday..Well I won't call it a race as the goal was to finish.  The training wasn't that stellar.  It was a mile down, 4 miles up 5 fun runnable miles 2 up, 4 down and some around, now turn around and come back.   so there was at least 10 miles of power walking.  I felt good at the end so I turned to my friend and said we didn't try hard enough.  In the first 10 I was thinking about opting out to the 35K (I was also thinking about ending long distance running, I was also thinking about Jamie )  but the 15 to 31 were the best miles.

QOTD:  I found a new trail that links me to other trails that I avoided on my morning run because without the link I had to do too much road running to get to it.  It also by passes a huge hill that often keeps me laying in bed in the morning.

Jamie:  Basketball shoes!!  Not running shoes.

Jamie2:  We are 12 miles apart and my heal is killing me...it's gunning to be neck and neck to the end.

Mandy:  I don't see how you can take much pride in beating an OLD LADY in miles!

Actually closer to 4 miles now.    I got in a good 8 miles on wet trails today.  Good job finishing.  That "motivation" thing should bring me to my highest mileage month of 2015 despite only one long run.  Hopefully your heal is not bad - you will need to get in a few miles before Friday - just saying.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Rest day here, it is nasty out here with snow, sleet, and high winds. Almost like real winter finally. Managed to get in a perfect week of running with distance, intervals, pace, hill repeats, and a recovery joggy thing on Christmas at a little trail system I occasionally go to. See below.

I was out for a walk on Christmas day with Bella and the boyfriend and guess who we ran into?  NorthernHarrier!  (The person, not the bird.)  Just on one of the small trail systems in town.  Crazy!

Never thought I would ever bump into you out there. Nice to see you again.

QOTD--Very little gift stuff over here but I did score a stainless steel growler which I can't wait to use. Simple pleasures...

runtraildc

Hi Trailers!  Late to the party today.  Had to head to northern MN today for a funeral.  Brought running stuff as I hoped to fit in a run along the Lake Superior waterfront, but it was blowing 25 and lake effect snow was kicking in.  I wussed out.  And, we needed to get back to the cities before the storm hit there.

On the plus side, I am 90% sure we spotted two wolves feeding on road kill on the way back. I got a good look and it was pretty exciting.

AND, I did get in 4 miles with the borrowed springer when we got back.  He did pretty well for an 11 year old pup.  The snow was picking up the last mile and things were getting pretty slippery on the sidewalks.

qotd:  Probably got it today, a hand etched glass from one of my favorite stores up north.  It's my new water glass for home and no one else gets to use it.