Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

After forgetting to bring running shoes to Florida, my new shoes got here yesterday.  So Marley and I got out for a nice 4 mile trail run this cool morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Got 6 to 8 planned today.  Rained a lot last night so the trails should be nice and muddy.

qotd:  inspired by TT.  Have you ever forgotten running stuff on a trip?  If so, what did you do?  Me, only twice (jog bra and socks).  Both times I purchased new so I could run.  Both times were on work trips and I knew I would be in meetings all day and not running was not an option.  I always enjoyed running while traveling- new routes, new sights.  I've always avoided the hotel gyms, if I could.

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I had a nice muddy run on the trails of Green Lane last night. We ran the blue trail on the south side of the lake which has many little creeks that feed the lake on rainy days. So it was particularly wet and muddy due to the morning rain. I played break the 70 minute game towards the end of the run to ensure a little bit of effort. Came in at 68 and change to a thunder clap and more rain showers. I don't mind spring rainy runs at all.

Today, we'll do another 7 miler after work on a trail TBD.

QOTD: I can't recall forgetting stuff for a running trip. Now I have gone to a race without my watch. A goal 5k once I left it home. Oops. Surprise surprise I could still run and race without the watch.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

Blissful SRD today...

qotd: Too numerous to mention, especially if you factor in the number of times I've forgotten my watch. Most recently I forgot my race bib pickup card in Boston, but thankfully they're well prepared for that. They even keep informal stats. They said to me, smiling,

"Ya know the most forgotten runner passports, all time, is from New York. You guys just have to be number one in everything, dontcha?"

Have a great day everybody!

Daydreamer1

SRD due to spending the day at work . I'd much rather be getting in some quality recovery time by putting some miles on the bike.

QOTD: I typically way over pack so it's rare for me not to be able to substitute for a forgotten item. However, this past weekend at Hyner I knew there would be showers so I took towels and a change of clothes. After I was done with the shower I was digging through my bag looking for my clean underwear which were nowhere to be found .  Half the reason for getting a shower was to get out of my sweaty compression shorts. So now I have a decision to make. Do I go commando , or put the compression shorts back on??? Needless to say the compression shorts went back on.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, Trailers!

Well, after about 3 weeks off due to my stupid foot, I think I will run today!  I have a pair of Altras coming in the mail, so if UPS is kind enough to drop them off without a signature, I'll be taking those for a short test spin.

QOTD: Nope, not on a trip.  I have forgotten my watch for a race before, and once forgot a sports bra for a PT appointment, but that's about it.  I also tend to be an over packer.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD1: You surprised me. Been there,done it (forgot cleanunderwear tochange into) -  I went commando then.   But that was when I was still young and crisp...

Darg: Congrats on the Boston!

At work, planning on a few nice miles later. Wonderful weather, but a bit breezy. I might avoid the woods today.

QOTD: I forgot shorts once, so I borrowed my sister's. On other occasions, I made do with what I had at hand. Must have looked funny at times, and sometimes it was a bit over- or underdressed, but I am always surprised that basically you really need just shoes, some shirt, and some shorts or pants, perhaps a sweater, and you're ready to go. Everything else is optional, nice to have, but not essential.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 5 miles on the trails as my first run since being back home (only second run since GC trip).  For some reason all of my hills looked really small .  Trails were a muddy mess, but like XT, I really love Spring running.  No spider webs yet, but won't be long.

Blarg - Nice race, congrats.

Hyner runners - Nice job on a tough course. Ironmasters is this week if you want to repeat those climbs.

Dd1 - Commando is the way to go.  I'm a slight germaphobe so I could never put on something sweaty after a shower.

QOTD:  Not that I can recall running, but I did forget my team bathing suit once when I was swimming in HS.  There is a uniform code for HS sports, so I had to borrow one from a teammate and it was a lager size.  I swam 5 events with it and each time I almost lost it getting out of the pool.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

7.5 mile damage assessment for me today.  Warmed up on the rail trail, did a mile on the road that connected me to some grassy trails.  Little bit of climbing, lot of hiking. My legs feel fresher now than they did when I started so I guess it's all good.

AT - thanks, but no thanks. I think I squashed my race bug over the past few weeks. Laying low til Rothrock

QOTD: back in the day when I ran my second 5k ever and I used to track all my runs on an app on my phone, I forgot my arm band and carried the thing like a dork.  Because obviously it wouldn't have counted otherwise. Oh to be young and dumb.

sugnim

Howdy all.  I am finally recovering from a stomach bug that had me down for 4 days straight.  The whole family got it, and with just one bathroom in the house, it wasn't pretty.  I have a lot of catching up to do at work, but I'm looking forward to getting back out there to run.

QOTD: I don't travel much, and I don't need a lot of gear.  I'm good to go with a sports bra and some shoes (and clothing of course, but you get what I mean).  I haven't ever forgotten these things on a trip, though I have headed out my own front door without a water bottle on a hot day, if that counts.

DigDug2

6 on the roads at lunch - beautiful spring day here in CT.

QOTD:  Only thing that comes to mind is forgetting to take running socks with me on a business trip.  I think I ran sockless, rather than running with dress socks (because that wouldn't look cool to all of the strangers I'll never see again).  I've also forgotten a headlamp a few times, turning dusk or early morning runs into blind nighttime runs.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I tried to run with the dogs this morning and my thighs could not handle it...There stopping and starting made it feel like knives stabbing in my legs.  So I did walk them and plan to do a 3 mile shuffle at lunch.

QOTD:  I can't believe TT forgot his running shoes...can't believe Marley didn't remind him!!  I have never forgot anything important on a trip.  Occasionally when I bring stuff to run at lunch I forget.  Last week I had two right shoes (but had my walking shoes in the office), I have forgotten a bra, socks, and the wash cloth for after.  No bra or socks stop me from running.

daydreamer:  commando over sweaty wet shorts any day.   eeewww..

FTYC:  Crisp?  never heard it described like that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I was going to comment, but thought maybe it was a girl thing.  Now I know it isn't.  Maybe it's an Austrian thing. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Crisp, eh?  The opposite being...soggy? 

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Like lettuce...as in the opposite of being warm and soft like a cinnamon bun?    it just might be an Austrian thing...

Crisp, eh?  The opposite being...soggy? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄