Trailer Trash

First of the Month FRIDAILY! (Read 49 times)

Sandy-2

Happy FRIDAY everyone !!!!

I think today will the last of my current string of SRDs.  The last time I ran was on 2/17 in Abu Dhabi (although I have been bike riding, that doesn’t count).  I get the results of the MRI this afternoon.  Fingers crossed that there isn’t some surprise waiting for me.  With all this rest my ankle is feeling great.

I’m heading off to London and Paris for two weeks and my plan is to jump-start my runs during the trip.

lace_up: I need some of your mojo, send it this way.

Couch:  have fun on those hills.

boyjame:  nice XT.  Nothing like signing up for a run to keep grunting through.

TnC:  That’s scary, I know the feeling.  I ran about a half-mile from a bomb blast site in Athens, I was running about 45 minutes before it happened.  Too close for me.

TT: perhaps she was smelling that huge mountain lion !!!!

LB2:  Enjoy the miles later.

DD2: SRD after skiing are a must for me.

jonferg67: Nice.  Sounds great.

EDRW: Don’t worry, that buckle will help push you out the door.

Birdwell:  Enjoy the XT later.

Low_C2:  Nice run, enjoy the hills tomorrow.

XT:  Don’t talk to me about ankle issues. . . Grrrr.

Jamezilla:  Nice views of the city?

AT-runner:  Enjoy the SRD.

qotd:  The grand total for me in February . . .    42 miles.  And that includes the 20 miles I paced at Rocky.  It’s been a washout for me, but I needed to tend to it now so I’ll be ready to go this summer up in Colorado.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7.7 miles at tempo pace with some hill repeats thrown in. It was a good workout.

Came back just in time to see my DS knock out a front tooth - good thing is, it was a baby tooth, with the permanent tooth already grown in, so not bad. Now there's one more of those front baby teeth to get rid of, I hope it won't be such a traumatic experience again for the little guy!

Sandy: I'm keeping my fingers crossed your MRI-results will be good news! Have a safe trip to Europe!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Came back just in time to see my DS knock out a front tooth - good thing is, it was a baby tooth, with the permanent tooth already grown in, so not bad. Now there's one more of those front baby teeth to get rid of, I hope it won't be such a traumatic experience again for the little guy!

How funny! My 8 yr old had a baby tooth hangin on for dear life the other day and I told him I would give him a week before I went in with pliers to take it out myself because there was a secondary tooth behind it.  He didn't like that so he was trying and trying to get it out for four days.  Then this last weekend, he tackled his brother and got up screaming that his tooth came out.

Of course then there was the drama of him losing his tooth down the sink drain - he cried like a baby.

Oh the joy of kids!

Good workout by the way.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

How funny! My 8 yr old had a baby tooth hangin on for dear life the other day and I told him I would give him a week before I went in with pliers to take it out myself because there was a secondary tooth behind it.  He didn't like that so he was trying and trying to get it out for four days.  Then this last weekend, he tackled his brother and got up screaming that his tooth came out.

Of course then there was the drama of him losing his tooth down the sink drain - he cried like a baby.

Oh the joy of kids!

Good workout by the way.

Similar story, funny!

My DS has a dentist appointment coming up in April, and I am sure if the second baby tooth is not gone by then, the dentist will just take it out to make room for the new tooth. I hope the tooth will come out by itself, to save DS from this "grueling" experience and maintain his positive image of the dentist for as long as possible, LOL. But right now, he is not getting along with his brother very well, so looking at things from this angle, it is quite likely the tooth will come out soon...

I fell asleep early last night, so I missed signing up for the Hyner at the lower price. Now that's some minutes of sleep being dearly paid for!

Run for fun.

Irish Luck

SRD today. Headed to meet the mister for a beer in a bit.

QOTD: 101.3, which was my first 100+ mile month since September. I didn't realize I was up in the 90s until Tuesday. Not too shabby for the shortest month of the year.

I am humbled to see the miles in excess of 100 that many of you attain regularly with kids, work travel, etc. It gives me (no kids, pretty predictable job) some goals that I should and can work toward.

Have a great weekend everyone!

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Similar story, funny!

My DS has a dentist appointment coming up in April, and I am sure if the second baby tooth is not gone by then, the dentist will just take it out to make room for the new tooth. I hope the tooth will come out by itself, to save DS from this "grueling" experience and maintain his positive image of the dentist for as long as possible, LOL. But right now, he is not getting along with his brother very well, so looking at things from this angle, it is quite likely the tooth will come out soon...

I fell asleep early last night, so I missed signing up for the Hyner at the lower price. Now that's some minutes of sleep being dearly paid for!

Nope...deadline is today.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Since I didn't crawl out of bed until 1:30 this afternoon, (yep I'm lazy Joking, Actually I worked last night), I didn't get in my run until late. I did manage a nice 8 mile run, although it was slightly slower then I wanted it to be.

QOTD: Got in just a little over 120 miles for the month. Since most of that was on the road I'm not too unhappy as I try to limit my road miles to save the knees. Also got in quite a bit of time on the elliptical which is good for simulating steep hill climbs. Like Jame I really need to increase my mileage if I want to have any hope of doing well at Hyner.

Jame: I have my schedule for March, and as normal I'm working most Saturdays, but I may have a opening on the 16th for a long run if you would want to get together over that time. I'm working the night before so It would work best for me to run in the morning.

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Happy for a rest day today. Long run planned for way too early in the morning.

QOTD: 177 this month- just a shade shy of my goal. I'm healthy, though (knock on wood) and training is progressing.