Trailer Trash

Wet Fridaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Rain today tomorrow and Sunday. No run today, but will get a wet run in tomorrow on my old home town trails of Seneca Creek Greenway.  Last time on those trails I slipped o ice and tore my right knee.  Hopefully no repeat on muddy conditions.

QOTD:  Earth day is tomorrow, so what sight (natural wonder, National Park, etc.) would you love to travel to see?

I'd love to got to New Zealand.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Good morning AT. Just finished sign-up for that race in your neck of the woods next weekend. 50k IronMasters Challenge. Good timing for me as I was planning a long run next weekend and was surprised to see I could still get into the race.

I think I will get the Lady out for a run at lunch today at Green Lane. I wanted to mow the yard but it's wet from morning rain. Maybe it will be drier later. Also expecting a massive pile of mulch to be delivered today so I have plenty to do for the next month in the yard. Run last night was 8 miles on my evening loop at French Creek. I was thinking about adding a few bonus miles, but told myself I had to run the loop in the low 90's to earn the extra miles and I was too slow.

QOTD: Grand Canyon, Acadia, Sequoia, Virgin Islands... check. I guess Yellowstone or Yosemite, but I think a trek down into the canyon or some place like Zion or Bryce canyon would be cool. So much different landscapes than here.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Rainy and cool this morning, just happens to be a SRD. Planning a 12 miler

tomorrow am to test my fitness for HM in 3 weeks. The race profile lists

2,300 ft of gain on rocky terrain, so I'm preparing for that.

QOTD: I could spend a year or so just in Utah.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning AT. Just finished sign-up for that race in your neck of the woods next weekend. 50k IronMasters Challenge. Good timing for me as I was planning a long run next weekend and was surprised to see I could still get into the race.

I'm going to Portland to see the kids next week for a few days and will miss it.  I usually help mark the course from Mile 8 to 20 and Mile 25 to 31. You'll hopefully love it.  Tons of climbing (right Jamie) and yet a few really nice sections along Mountain Creek where you can stretch the legs out and make some time.

4 major climbs in all.  First one is right away and up amd over Sunset Rock.  Second one is Blueberry Trail (hands on knees at some points). Third one is after Pine Grove Furnace and goes up to the back of Pole Steeple (mostly very runnable) and the last big one is up Hammond Rocks.  That one has a 2 sections where you think you are done, but aren't.  After Hammond rocks, it rolls mostly down to a fast finish.

Have fun. Sorry I'll miss you, but I'll be running at the Columbia River Gorge.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Just contacted the DD to see if she wants to run together this evening.  We both have an easy 10 on the schedule.  We'll see if the timing works out.

qotd: The Alps.  (Of course it'd be quite anti-Earth Day to fly there...   ).

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 7-ish miles yesterday, got lucky and avoided the rain; had a nice date night w/ DW and enjoyed a 12 oz coffee rubbed NY strip steak

plan is to strength train this evening

qotd: my list gets longer and longer; I'm hoping next year I get to do the Wonderland Trai- 90-ish mile loop around Mt Ranier

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I haven't been tracking what other people are wearing but I am curious, maybe we need another

shoe inventory QOTD.

Jonferg, from yesterday......  confessions of an ultra runner I guess.

tbd.

DigDug2

6 in the cold rain this morning - haven't been that wet at the end of a run in a while.

QOTD:  Northern lights.  Saw once as a kid but only have hazy memories.

DigDug2

Wonderland Trail is on my list as well, although I'd want to do it less hard core than you - split it into three days, carry very little, have someone set up camp every night, with hot food and a shower...

qotd: my list gets longer and longer; I'm hoping next year I get to do the Wonderland Trai- 90-ish mile loop around Mt Ranier

LB2

I ran an additional 5 yesterday evening instead of 6. I just went to a different place and ran a different loop. I ran another 5.25 this morning before work. I may do more after work today. I need to do some weed eating on the trail anyway.

QOTD: I went to two places on my list earlier this month: Rocky Mountain National Park and The Flatirons. I'd like to go back and take the wife and kids next time.

LB2

NHLA

8 miles around the mt 

Qotd  Utopia TX.

muppy

5.2 miles around town last night.

QOTD I would love to go explore the southwest. We are planning to do it one of these years.

Daydreamer1

Gotta kill off some more dandelions. Compared to last year I think I'm winning the war. Last year I was spot spraying almost every day for two weeks.  This year I got most of them with two sprayings and now they are reduced to some guerrilla attacks. Never the less I shall stamp those out as well.

After that I'll head up on the mountain. Hoping to get in a solid 13+ miles.

QOTD:  So many, so little time. Today I'll go with another trip to Alaska, this time to include a trip of the inside passage.  I'm trying to help one of the guys at work plan a trip up there so it's fresh on my mind. I'd love to drive to one of the southern ports that the Alaska State ferry comes into, jump on that and go north getting on and off whenever we want to. Once in the north I'd like to drive the road back into Denali park so this would have to be a September trip.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Wonderland Trail is on my list as well, although I'd want to do it less hard core than you - split it into three days, carry very little, have someone set up camp every night, with hot food and a shower...

I'm thinking three days as well (two if I was extremely motivated), but self supported- I've got a really nice UL gear kit put together that I think would work well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

adkkev

Although I do run on the nature trails near my house, I don't come anywhere near the miles you folks log on a daily basis.

But I absolutely love visiting this forum to read the QOTD & replies.  Thanks for sharing!!!