Trailer Trash

Imagine that: 1,000k in 7 days - on a treadmill (Read 44 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rainer Predl, an Austrian long-distance runner (he holds the world record for 100k on the treadmill: 7:15:08) is attempting to break the current world record of running 853k in 7 days.

He spent 3 years preparing for this attempt, running between130 and 250 miles PER WEEK.

Anyone think this is crazy?

Oh wait, who was that again in the forum who ran 50k, 50M, or some other insane distance on the dreadmill? And where the heck is Kelly? 

Run for fun.

Watoni

It is like riding a bike on the trainer or rollers .... torture

I do sports outside whenever possible, even running in the snow/slush rain, sometimes up to my thighs in Tahoe this weekend .... sweet!

LB2

I wouldn't want to do that. I have run a half marathon on a treadmill before. It wasn't that bad with music. But, 13.1 is way different than 853K.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It would be better than coming to work.  I remember the guy running the 50K on the treadmill in our forum but not who it was.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

It was Charles M that did the treadmill 50k.

Here's the Thread

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I can't imagine. He should be careful, he may wind up with Stockholm syndrome (as in he would have been better off running to Sweden).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Anyone think this is crazy?

It seems pretty crazy to me, but different strokes and all that.  Still it sounds absolutely horrible!  I can't even fathom how much I would hate it.

Not sure why, but I don't mind rowing machines, Nordic Trak, stationary bikes, or roller riding that much, but even short runs on a treadmill are exceedingly unpleasant to me.  They have absolutely none of the joy of running outdoors on the trails.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida