Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got to love Fridays!   It's snowing pretty good right now, the good wet spring stuff- hope it piles up.  Going to strength train this evening.

We had a Bob Marshall Open "meeting" last night- which equates to drinking beer and looking at maps  Looks like we may be splitting up the team, John has a buddy that wants to give it a go and they are looking at slowing the paces some (25-30 miles/day), while Kevin and I are looking to picking the pace up a bit and add a little running.  Kevin is healing from knee surgery, so far so good, but there is a chance he might not be ready to go.

qotd: favorite pizza?  I like them loaded- lots of veggies, but also italian sausage and pepperoni, marinara sauce- medium crust or sometime a thinner crust, don't care for really thick crusts.  My DW also occasionally makes a zucchini crust pizza that's awfully good (and pretty healthy)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a fast-for-me-these-days 7 miles last night.  Weather is breaking and we are getting some nice days.  Too bad I have been super busy lately and it's not letting up.

Warden - when is the open again? Sounds like fun, hopefully you get your wish and you can get in the faster type hike/run.

QOTD: Most any pizza is my favorite.  No mushrooms though.  I like the chicken and ranch pizza - if made right.  Actually I take all that back.  My favorite is home made pizza.  

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Keep Going

7 tempo blacktop road miles last night five days removed from Bull Run Run 50. The benefits of being a slow runner and mixing in speed hiking during races is that recovery is rather quick.  Heading to the Hudson Highlands early tomorrow for the Breakneck 42k ass kicking.

Warden snow? It's springtime please keep the snow out there!

qotd: Pizza can not be purchased from a chain such as Dominos or Pizza Hut etc. yuck. I guess I'm a snob but it must be made with real ingredients by a local owned shop and veggie pizza with real sautéed vegetables and garlic and olive oil is pure heaven on earth! I'm with Jamie also no on the mushroom front!

Happy Trails!

100 milers are my favorite

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'll take your mushrooms    there is new pizza place in town that has several "gourmet" pizzas- one my DW and I want to try is a five mushroom pizza with white sauce

BMO is end of May, have a couple of different routes I'm looking at, shortest is 110 miles, the longest is a little over 120- just have to figure out which is the quickest 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Maybe a run after work. Been busy past 2 days with a quick visit from DD#1.

Having some foot pain, and waiting to see if it clears up. I was doing a lot of digging last week removing some posts from a deck I tore down and pushed on the shovel a lot with my left foot. Been sore since.

New research - Running bad for your sex like.  It's on the Interweb, so must be true. 

QOTD:  Agree in disliking chain store pizzas. Local pizza shop with good ingredients. Pepperoni and onion is a standard, but lately we've been getting chicken bacon ranch pizza.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 tempo blacktop road miles last night five days removed from Bull Run Run 50. The benefits of being a slow runner and mixing in speed hiking during races is that recovery is rather quick.  Heading to the Hudson Highlands early tomorrow for the Breakneck 42k ass kicking.

Warden snow? It's springtime please keep the snow out there!

qotd: Pizza can not be purchased from a chain such as Dominos or Pizza Hut etc. yuck. I guess I'm a snob but it must be made with real ingredients by a local owned shop and veggie pizza with real sautéed vegetables and garlic and olive oil is pure heaven on earth! I'm with Jamie also no on the mushroom front!

Happy Trails!

Been wanting to tell you for a while...You.....ARE.....CRAZY!!!

Your race schedule I mean.  Hope you are ok next weekend for Hyner after BRR and Breakneck.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

We took a rest day, hoping to get some serious miles in tomorrow

QOTD: the best pizza is one that is on the other side of the county from me. I hate pizza, it's a waiste of good cheese.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. i get off at 6 pm which is a rare shift for me. Maybe I'll get home in time to get in a short run, 3-5 miles, but i kind of doubt it. I need to stop for a few odds and ends on the way home and since it's a nice day everyone is out running around. Maybe I do need the rest day though, yesterday's run sucked.

Keystone - Let us know how the race goes for you.

QOTD: The only thing that I really hate on pizza is olives and anchovies, otherwise it's all good.  My favorite though is meatsa, meatsa, meatsa .  I think one of the national chains have or had one that was called that.  Love my meat pizzas with plenty of cheese and sauce. Prefer the thinner crusts. DW's sister makes a cold veggie pizza that she uses mayo instead of sauce. That's real good and extremely high in calories.

Gator - I'd take your share of pizza but then I'd end up looking like a beached whale. They stuff is addicting.

NHLA

6 miles around the mt.

qotd  Goat cheese from West First

XtremeTaper

8 miles last night with the Lady on a gorgeous spring evening. Quite a few people wandering about up to the Birdsboro Reservoir. It's really a picture perfect place, a small little reservoir in a bowl up in the hills and surrounded by pines. We wandered down an old trail I haven't ventured on in a few years and I found about a mile+ of new single track trail. It was definitely recently cut in by horses and/or mountain bikers. The trail is "fresh" so to speak. Meaning soft dirt with little to no leaf cover or exposed rocks. Narrow and twisty though. I think this trail needs a name, perhaps the "slacker trail", as it skirts around and below the crest of a big hill, leaving out an additional 150-200 foot of climb.

Tonight, we will probably run our typical seven mile loop at Coventry Woods.

QOTD: Not overly picky about my pizza, but do no like olives or anchovies. Usually just go with pepperoni, but add veggies sometimes. I get an urge for offbeat pizza sometimes and the California Pizza Kitchen down in KOP mall has a great selection. Thai Chicken, Chipotle, BLT, black bean. Tasty and different. Actually I might make black bean pizza tonight at home dinner.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

12 on the roads on a beautiful, crisp morning.  My back is really sore, for some reason - actually very uncomfortable to run at times.  Figure it will work itself out.  I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow, so if it's stress-related maybe it will all just melt away...

QOTD:  Crust is the real decider for me - thin but not ultra crispy (and no injecting a bunch of cheese into the crust - I'm looking at you, Pizza Hut).  Also don't like very much cheese.  Not too picky about toppings, although I like veggies more than meat.

Keep Going

Been wanting to tell you for a while...You.....ARE.....CRAZY!!!

Your race schedule I mean.  Hope you are ok next weekend for Hyner after BRR and Breakneck.

Haha!! No not crazy! I run slow!! I don't race!  BRR was a long run with cool peeps, good food, and nice swag! It did hurt a bit though not going to lie.

Breakneck and Hyner the same thing..long and slow with an emphasis on hiking efficiently. I don't worry about who passes me or what my time is as long as I have nice cushion from the cutoffs. MMT is in 4 weeks and that will be a long slow affair so I like to be prepared.

100 milers are my favorite

Sandy-2

20 miles this morning on the flats, felt really good. Another zone-out run at steady pace. Weather was perfect, short sleeves and gloves at the start, put away the gloves after about 15 miles.

qotd: I'm a purest, NY style "plain" (that means just cheese).  You know it's good when the oil drips off your elbow, that's because you have folded it in half and are eating with your hands.  Chains/franchises cannot make pizza.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL