Trailer Trash

not quite Friday, the Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Our perfect running weather continues.  Got a nice 6-ish mile run in yesterday evening; 55 degrees and for the first time since November never put on my microspikes- there were still a few stretches with ice in the trail, but you could tiptoe around them without much drama.

5-ish this evening is the plan.

qotd: dream vacation?  I'd really to like to explore the Alps- maybe doing something roughly following the UTMB route, but multi-day, staying at little inns/hostels for the evening

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

10 mile loop after work. It has been a couple of weeks since I ran 10 miles in one push. I am looking forward to it.

QOTD: A few weeks out West with the girls would be nice. I'd like to hit all the major national parks.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Did 6+ miles last night on the roads. The dirt ones are still nice and soft. I'll head out for something today, probably later this afternoon when it  gets warmer. I'd like to get in about 9 miles so It will be slow. Maybe do some walking as well. My mileage was so low this winter that any increase in distance makes my legs really sore. Been stretching a lot trying to work that out.

QOTD: Just asked DW and she said Hawaii . She's in love with the place.  I'd love to do a European castle tour on the bike. It's been quite a while since I looked into one of those but there is some nice scenery over there.  Something else I've always wanted to do was ride my bike from Deadhorse Alaska to Fairbanks, then finish up by riding the road back into Denali National Park.   A moose hunting trip in Alaska would be pretty cool as well.

Maybe a trip to the Canadian Rockies then stop in Glacier National park for a couple of days for some running . Is that still a possiblility to happen for this fall?

AT-runner

Tim

6 easy trail miles at Caledonia SP.

Not surprised most of the guys liked Mary Ann. She seems like a trail gal.  Except for DD, he gets to dance with Elaine.

Deltarose - thanks for stopped by yesterday. Don't be a stranger. Queen and DC need more estrogen around this forum since the other women don't post much anymore.

QOTD:  Trip to Alaska is high on my list. I had a BIL who worked on the pipeline, and ever since I saw his pictures, I've wanted to go.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran 8 miles out/back last night on the rail trail outside of town. Only 4 miles felt cold, then we turned around and the cold gusty winds of March were gone. Nobody out there last night. Really people it was not that cold! No snow on the rail trail and I am hoping the regular trails are now clear as well. Wind yesterday likely helped some too. I guess we will find out tonight. Plan is 6-8 miles, maybe hit French Creek.

QOTD: With the wife, Bora Bora, somewhere tropical near water. Of course I could go back to St. John and be very happy as well. Morning trail run in the tropical woods, afternoon snorkeling, swimming, and sunning. We sort of had our dream vacation 15 years ago in the Maldives and parts of India.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

CaCaCaColdddddd 8 this morning. So ready to give up the cold weather duds.

QOTD: i would love to have a month or so to wander around the national parks out west.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Did 6+ miles last night on the roads. The dirt ones are still nice and soft. I'll head out for something today, probably later this afternoon when it  gets warmer. I'd like to get in about 9 miles so It will be slow. Maybe do some walking as well. My mileage was so low this winter that any increase in distance makes my legs really sore. Been stretching a lot trying to work that out.

Maybe a trip to the Canadian Rockies then stop in Glacier National park for a couple of days for some running . Is that still a possiblility to happen for this fall?

most definitely; whatever dates work the best with folks. I think mid September would be optimal- including a weekend would make it easier for me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

+1

Deltarose - thanks for stopped by yesterday. Don't be a stranger. Queen and DC need more estrogen around this forum since the other women don't post much anymore.

Got in 3 miles last night with a friend during her son's soccer practice, at the field conveniently in my neighborhood. 8 slow easy miles with a different runner friend this morning. It's good to have runner friends when the motivation to get out and/or far is low. Still run most of my miles alone, but have been running with others more often this year.

It was cold, but not windy out. I feel spring is coming.

LB- we did a few weeks camping at Yellowstone & Grand Teton a couple of years ago with the kids. Swung thru the Badlands, Devil's Monument and the Bighorns too. Amazing trip and we stayed in both parks long enough, IMO, to actually see things and visit rather than the drive thru. We had considered Glacier on this route, and with our 2 weeks, I'm glad we didn't.

qotd:  Patagonia NP in Chile. Or the Galapagos.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had to be ar work early for training and with hubby doing something away from home I got up early and ran 4 with the dogs.  Funny how I can get up to run when I really need to.  Also managed 5 last night.

QOTD:  i want to go to italy and drink lot's of wine and eat good food... rent a boatvand enjoy the shoreline.  Meet a young hot italian and have an affair (my husband says I have a pass) 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Will do 5 mi after work today.  Since I ran so late yesterday we didn't finish visiting/eating until late, then I couldn't sleep. But it was a nice weekday evening. Anyway, I slept in a bit this morning.

qotd: I guess to a trip that takes in the Canadian Rockies, Yellowstone, SW Utah and the Grand Canyon (and spots in between).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

most definitely; whatever dates work the best with folks. I think mid September would be optimal- including a weekend would make it easier for me

The 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th week would work for us and if we know soon enough we can easily plan around some dates. DW soon has to put in for her time off though to make sure she gets it. That's one of the problems with being in the medical field. You tend to have to plan really far ahead.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'll post this in the sticky (hope everyone is subscribed), but let's shoot for the two days of running/hiking to be Saturday and Sunday, September 16,17

much of the park infrastructure will be closed (typically 9/15), but that cuts the visitation a bunch!  weather is typically very nice mid September as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

About to head out for about 8 at Donald park. We do have some weather coming but hopefully it holds off. I have 3 more weeks of work which kind of leads into the...

QOTD--I'll be living the the dream starting Apr 14th. Starts that weekend with a short trip into Tennessee for some camping and trails and immediately then goes out to the Grand Canyon and Zion. There will be 3 more trips out west, 2 trips into Ontario, and I'll spend the month of October at my cabin. Hard to say which would specifically be the dream part but probably the month at my shack. I think I'm gonna enjoy the next year.   Don't mean to gloat too much but I am old and have certainly paid my dues. Just hope DW doesn't change the locks and put my stuff out in the yard.

I'll post this in the sticky (hope everyone is subscribed), but let's shoot for the two days of running/hiking to be Saturday and Sunday, September 16,17

Two Medicine campground stays open with full services for another week or so. My hope was always that weekend you mentioned but my plans basically depend upon my hippie buddy and what works for his calendar as we are planning another long backpacking trip into the Wind River range. I have encouraged him to plan a couple weeks earlier. So I will probably make it and as I have a loose schedule will probably get out there a few days earlier to drink beer and acclimate. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya!  Inserting my female presence here.

I ran yesterday for a whole 3.5 miles.  It sucked.

QOTD: Probably trekking around Nepal.  I don't do cold weather very well though, so maybe something in South America.  Really though, there's a whole lot of the US I still need to explore.

Running is dumb.

Deltarose

SDO, but, if the weather holds, I have a little adventure planned for tomorrow in one of the local canyons.

I'm not sure how much estrogen I can contribute since I tend to be the least girly-girl in any room, but I will try. I am a mom, so that must imply a feminine side lurking deep within...?

QOTD - I think the easier question would be to list where I don't want to go - which is any place excessively humid or filled with unacceptably sized bugs, spiders or snakes.

Iceland is high on my list at the moment. There is a 50K there that I *really* want to run....http://marathon.is/ultramarathon