Trailer Trash

It's the Freakin' Fridaily (Read 18 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is Friday and I am very happy this week is over (almost).  Got in 6.5 this morning early.  Cold and windy but not too windy.  Felt comfortable.

QOTD1: Got your holiday shopping done?

QOTD2: Have you seen any good/funny/weird running or non running) bumper stickers or t-shirts lately?

No way.  Every year we say we want to get it done early.  Doesn't happen.

Seen some bumper stickers that say "0.1".  I think it's supposed to be a mockery of those who have running stickers on their cars but maybe it's more of a mockery of themselves.  But my favorite t-shirt, which I hinted to DW that I would wear, says

LOVE

it when

MY WIFE

lets me run

The "it when" and "lets me run" are real small so it looks like the shirt just says I Love My Wife until you get close.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Usual SRD, but may run a few miles at lunch.  Going to Tuba Fest on the Square tonight.  80+ Tuba players of all ages get together to play Christmas music. Always a fun time.  DW has 2 concerts this weekend with her chorus. That's always a nice time, too.

QOTD #1 - Sent presents to oldest kids already and youngest is getting some stuff for her apartment. DW and I gave each other a a trip to Portland. So we're pretty much done.

QOTD #2 - Here's one for the nerds out there. Lord of the Rings reference, if you don't know it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Hmm.. probably no run today. Will get out tomorrow I think but who knows. Gym routine last night. Yawn. Well there was some nice scenery at least while I was on the mat stretching.  :evil:

QOTD1: Sort of.. we are not buying much, just my sister and BIL since we will be down there for New Years. Should probably get something for my niece and her fiancée too.

QOTD2: Imagine that.. from the gsp rescue site.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I'll get about 10 in this afternoon.  A warm-up for my pacing duties tomorrow.

qotd1: no, but by popular request this year were giving the kids and their SOs that best one-size-fits-all gift, $$$.

qotd2:  Trump/Pence bumper sticker.  To me it counts as funny/weird.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 4.5 miles of "hill" training in on the dreadmill last night, will strength train this evening

looking at the long range forecast we get a two day reprieve this weekend and then another week of single digit highs and below zero lows- WTF? 

qotd: I bought my Christmas present   (gaining on the others)

qotd2: Welcome to Montana    

Now Go Home

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing!

QOTD:  We are going to be with relatives so I guess we are giving gifts this year to the kids.  It's green and sitting in the old mans wallet ready to pass out.

QOTD2:  "So few Richards and so many Dicks!"

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I ran a quick two this morning, but I plan to run another 5 after work. I had two decent months going, and although December just started, I was sidelined with horrible weather the first 3 or 4 days. I may just end the year with casual running and some deer/hog hunting.

QOTD: Pretty much done with shopping.

QOTD2: I really haven't seen anything lately that I can think of.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Stressful night at work then a class this morning has me feeling .  Doubt I'll have any energy for a run or any other type of work out  unless the caffeine from my two Monster Rehabs kicks in soon.   I was a little let down at the class.  It centered around trauma treatment and was at a national guard training center. They told us that we were going to be playing with fake blood but they ran out and had to use plain water in the system . I was looking forward to driving home with "blood" stained  hands and waving at everyone .

QOTD 1:  For the most part we are done.

QOTD 2: I've recently seen a few that have caught my attention but I'm too tired to remember what they said .