Trailer Trash

Throw up Thursday (Read 30 times)

LB2

I knocked out a great 10 yesterday evening. I'll get 4 after work today just to shake things out a bit.

QOTD: How often have you thrown up during a run?

I have done it, but it doesn't happen very often. I think the last time was August 2012 on an 8 hour run. I threw up about 7:50 into the run, almost done. It was really hot.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for a nice 8+ miles this morning.  Was a gorgeous 57 degrees this am.  I will take as many of these mornings as I can get!

QOTD: I am not sure I have ever thrown up during a run.  (side story - in college I played basketball and our coach, during the first few weeks of the season, would make us run sprints at the end of practice until someone puked - it was usually me).  In my first 50 miler I felt nauseous to the point of wanting to throw up - fairly early in the race but never did.  Now pooping during a run....that's a different story!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning all.  Didn't get to the gym yesterday as planned, and as a result, had insomnia last night.  I will get a run in this evening, probably 5 miles or so, during kiddo's class or swimming.

qotd:  never, even when I was pregnant.  But I'm not running the distances that most of you are going.

Daydreamer1

Really nice weather here today.  Going to take advantage of it and tear up some old sheeting on my shed roof and put new down. After that I'll see how the foot handles a 7 mile run/walk with DW.  DS wants me to go car shopping with him tonight.  I really, really hate car shopping .

QOTD: Only once. That was at Hyner 50k two years ago. No food contents, just air. I could visibly tell that my stomach had deflated . I hate throwing up. Years ago when I was training for the bike race up Mt Washington I would do a lot of hill repeats. I could push until I was ready to pass out and almost did a few times, but when I got to the point of vomiting I'd back off.  Better to pass out on the bike and fall,  then to puke .

LB2

qotd:  never, even when I was pregnant.  But I'm not running the distances that most of you are going.

That is interesting. I find that shorter distances run fast make me nauseated more than long distances run slowly. I figure that day in August would have resulted in puking much sooner than toward the end of the run if it was some sort of shorter speed workout. One reason I don't run short and fast very often is because of the likelihood of puking. Nevertheless, I thought of this question because I know this guy who has been training for a Warrior Dash or something, and he has been posting these ridiculous videos of himself training so hard that he throws up. It is really pretty funny in a sick way. He has always been a weirdo. He says if he doesn't feel intense pain AND vomit, he hasn't done enough. I don't even comment on his stupid crap. He is on FB flexing, smoking cigarettes, drinking beer... He is an idiot.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Waiting on a phone call from a nurse before I can schedule my doctor's appointment for my foot.  They need to discuss my symptoms first.    I just need a damn X-Ray.  Sheesh.

QOTD: Never.  I've been so nauseous during ultras I've felt like a drunk stumbling down the trail, but I have yet to puke.  I hate puking and will avoid it at all costs.

Running is dumb.

muppy

Been a while since I had time to post, did 9  trail miles on Tuesday, was slow because I kept stopping to eat the red raspberries beside the trail.  5.6 miles last night even did a little  speed work.

QOTD  i've never actually threw up.  There's been A few times it  came up but it went back down, leaving a delicious aftertaste in my mouth!

Gator eye

Slept in this am, try to do a easy 4 to 6 later today.

QOTD: Twice around mile 43. I was dehydrated and the purge didn't help a thing. It was my first DNF

DigDug2

6.5 this morning - beautiful running weather, 60 degrees and clear in CT.  Trying out a new pair of Hokas (Cliftons) - so far, I like them.

QOTD:  Never - I don't think that's one of my body's reactions to physical exertion/stress.  Now if we were talking about the other end...

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I think I'm going to coast into this weekend's Devils Backbone, so my biking commute will be it for working out.

Lots of nausea, I'm also a vomit at last resort type, but did vomit several times at my last Elkhorn 50k. I think I may have ate too much. I've been eating less and have made a switch to more natural foods and haven't been nauseous the last couple of races (knock on wood)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

slosh

Probably get in 5 or 6 after work before I pickup my daughter from school (mom's chillaxing at a friends pool).

QOTD: i have yet to puke (knock on wood).  although i came close last Saturday.....felt nauseous towards the end of the 17 mile run.  Luckily I only had another 1/2 mile to go.  I'm thinking it was the heat.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went to our summer street fair last night...it's so cool.  The had fire dancers, music and awesome people watching.  So I was moving a little slow this morning and no run.  Plans to run at lunch...eeewww so hot!!!

QOTD: Ummm can't think of once puking.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Trying hard to get over the tiredness resulting from waking up every half hour during my generous 5-hour night break (my phone had died after having been "updated" by verizon  , so I had to use a different alarm clock, which made me anxious, thus the frequent waking up) - or is it "the moon", like traildc's experience might suggest?

Either way, I'm tired.

So, starting over, trying to get out for a run in gorgeous weather.

BTW, how do you guys get to those temps in the 60'? When I went to work at 5 a.m., it was a freezy 48!!

Fortunately it has warmed up considerably since, 70's and no humidity (feels like autumn).

warden: Devil's Backbone - I'm jealous! Sounds like an adventure.

DD1: Following your DIY ventures, I come to the conclusion that your DW must be very patient. 

Muppy: Raspberries are a valuable source of sugars for energy supply! You can't afford to not stop and have some. Blueberries in my area - I just wish they'd be ripe sooner!

Queen: FIRE dancers, alright. You seem to like playing with fire lately... 

QOTD: I can't recall I ever have. I have almost passed out, though, after a very fast sprint after a subway train (caught the train, but due to virtually passing out, rendering me unable to continue my errand, I was late anyway).

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

As the other PA trailers said, we had great temps this morning, so I ran longer than I had planned and ended up with around 15 miles.  Explored a bit on some areas I hadn't been in years and ran in an area where the trail is almost gone due to no use.  Fun times in the woods.

QOTD:  Never had the displeasure. I usually don't throw up even when sick, although I'm sure it would help sometimes.  Any nausea during a run or race and I take a ginger tablet and it clears right up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Still nowhere near running .....

When I ran, I puked a number of times, most memorably at the Hopeless aid station outbound during Leadville when they wanted me to take salt .... trust thyself and not any well-meaning volunteers (I did look terrible though)