Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 40 times)

We waited for the sun to be up so it would feel a bit warmer.  Marley and I had another great 4 mile trail run this cold morning. I managed to work up a good sweat despite the wind and single digit temperatures at the start.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning all!  I ended up staying inside last night with interval training instead of a run.  The winds, more than the temp, is what deterred me.  Today is even worse, so I'm heading to the gym at lunch.  Yoga and the treadmill.   It's funny, but I wasn't blinking at this weather (and colder) a few weeks ago in MN, but now that I'm in MD, I'm acting a wuss.

qotd:  pass, I can't think of anything.

I got in a good hill workout on the treadmill last night with some core work.  I'm also gonna hit the treadmill tonight for an easy run. Not ashamed to take it inside in these temps.

LB2

Four miles planned after work. It has gotten a little chilly down here, 19*F last night.

QOTD: Have you been sick at all this winter and/or did you gain any weight over the holidays?

Yes. I got sick a few days after Christmas and didn't get to run for the first 4 or 5 days of the new year. And I gained about 10 pounds since the first of November, but I needed to put some weight on.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

My sister had no cancer in her lymph nodes. Lost both breasts but recovering. I told her it's a hell of a way to loose weight.  Thanks for your concerns.

Heading out from hospital for cold run on Rock Creek Trail.  Wind chill is  -10*.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunch time run planned.  Last nights 4.5 was a bit chilly..57 when we began and it dropped to a chilly 50 by the end with the WB (wet bra) factor it was more like 48.  bhrrr   Today I brought shorts for my run.

QOTD: Cannot remember the last time I was sick.  I think I had a cold 2 years ago when I went to Michigan, but even then no big deal.  The good thing about a cheating husband is it makes you so upset that you eat less and what you do eat goes right through you so you stay thin.  So no I haven't gain weight I've lost it.   Just looking at the positive side of life which is my new years resolution. 

TnC, runtraildc:  I don't really mind the treadmill that much for an hour run.  Sometimes it's a nice change to zone out.  Haven't done it in a while because last time I got I on it Earl howling and barked demanding that we go outside for a run.

AT:  Glad it went good and positive results.

LB:  You were too skinny in November.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I haven't been running, but I wanted to check in.  I think my foot is healed, but i'm dreading the cold...this time off has made me soft.

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

Lunch time run planned.  Last nights 4.5 was a bit chilly..57 when we began and it dropped to a chilly 50 by the end with the WB (wet bra) factor it was more like 48.  bhrrr   Today I brought shorts for my run.

I have some choice words for you, but I'll keep them to myself as I'm a lady.

Yoga class was cancelled, and I couldn't be bothered with the treadmill.  So I think I'll go with Plan B, which is to go running outside.  It will get to a balmy 30 degrees less than Queen's 'hood later this afternoon.  Wind chills in the positive single digits.

qotd: last week, with a wimpy cold, but before that, maybe a couple of years ago.   Lost weight over the holidays.  That's not unusual for me, but this time I was really trying.  The streak and less beer were key.

Gator eye

Three on the treadmill, just to dang cold

QOTD: I'm up about 5 over the holidays

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I wimped out last night.  I guess there is a limit to what temps I will run in.  Got home around 9pm and the winds were hollowing.  I will try again tonight.  Should be at least 5 deg warmer.

AT: Great news!

QOTD: I haven't been sick in a while (knock on wood).  And I don't lose or gain weight no matter what I eat or my activity level.

Have a good day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Watoni

A few miles planned for later today, hopefully while it is still light or a short ride up the hill.

QOTD: Yes, I have bronchitis and pulled a muscle in the my chest/back coughing in the middle of the night. My son is almost over it but had to go in today because he is having a reaction to the antibiotics. This is not helping my push to get ready for 100km in a month ....

LB2

LB:  You were too skinny in November.

I know; I really need to hang no lower than about 180 to 185.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I know; I really need to hang no lower than about 180 to 185.

Too skinny makes you look older than you actually are.  You posted a picture of you and your bride a little while back  and my first thought was; she must have been a student of his when they met!!  But then I thought that would have been rude of me to put on your FB page..  So here it is here. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Have some errands to run then I'm determined to head out for a run. Temp is a balmy 22 degrees. How far I go depends on the weather. It seems like a good time to break out my waterproof socks. They do a great job of keeping the feet warm in these temps.

Jamezilla and Jame - It great to see you all posting again.

QOTD: I had a cold eariler this year for a few days. Been sneezing a lot recently so I might have another one coming on. That's the main driver behind my decision to head out into the cold for a run. Nothing like freezing the germs . As far as weight gain goes I had a little victory in that I didn't gain any. But considering that I went into the holidays 10 lbs over what I wanted to, I still have a bunch to lose.

Watoni

And oh, I gained weight, but not really over the holidays due to being sick Wink