Trailer Trash

Independence Dailies (Read 27 times)

The pooch and I enjoyed the stiff breeze, light rain, and cooler temperature for our 5 mile trail run. It was much nicer than the sticky mornings we have been having.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers and Happy Fourth!  Will go for a short dayhike with my grandson this AM and probably hit the gym for some strength training later.

qotd: do you fly a flag on holidays?  I've been meaning to get one for some time now, but still haven't done it- one of these days dammit

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I ran 7 easy mountain miles with the puppy this morning. We're packing up the Land Crew-zer and getting ready to head to Moab for the weekend. I'm pretty sure this will be my slowest 50 miler ever because of the crazy elevation gain and heat, but I'm really looking forward to running in the La Sals.

QOTD: I often think about it, but we're almost never home during these holidays, so it seems a little unnecessary.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had nice 7 miler this morning.  Weather was perfect.  No flies, no humidity, life is good.

Lace (and any other racers and pacers) - good luck. this weekend.

QOTD:  Yes, usually have the flag flying.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Hanging out at work today. This is two rest days in a row. Hard thunderstorms rolled in last night and I don't like heading out in lightening so it was some stretching and  lifting.

QOTD: DW normally has numerous flags outside staked in the flower beds and at least one of those is a U.S. Flag.

moonlightrunner

I ran a really nice 10 mile race this morning.  It was hilly and technical...everything I don't have on most of my training runs and I loved it!  I was really happy with my pace and my time.  It was glacial compared to most of you, but pretty speedy for me.  I was tired at the end, but could have gone further.  I took my nieces with me.  They had never run 10 miles before.  Both finished and ran good races.  They seemed pretty unimpressed with it and they were glad when it was over.  That is the difference between being young and old.  The young do things to get it done and go onto the next thing around the bend. Since I am older I really treasure the moment because what lies around the bend may not be as good.  I dread the day I am unable to run. So... I enjoyed every hill, downed log and cheesy sign that was posted along the way. The weather was perfect, it was breezy, no sweat flies and just plain fun.  Best 4th of July I've had in a long time...and it isn't even over yet!

Good luck, Lace.  The high temps and elevation sounds wicked.

tt: Glad conditions were better for you and Marley.

Warden:  Have a great time with the family.

DD: sucks to work on a holiday.  I hope it goes well and quickly for you.

qotd:  No...I don't fly flags.  I live in an apartment and never really think much about decorating or anything.  I should get one.

Happy Trails, everyone!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my trail partner and I just finished up 4.5 miles up to Mount Helena

cave where the high school kids hang out and smoke things Smile

on top, 1500" gain in just over 2 miles- my partner gave me a running commentary the entire way  up  (down as well) Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Snowdenrun

Just finished a hot and sluggish trail run. Okay, maybe not hot for you guys, but 57 partly sunny and 100% humidity is reaching a summer high here. Please don't hate me. But, as always I'm glad to have gotten out. Now I'm off to drive a big red one in the parade.

QOTD: I grew up with a flag flying in my yard. Now that I rent, I don't.

Happy 4th!

moonlightrunner

warden: what a cute grandson. It's great he could hike with you.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k