Trailer Trash

Showery Fridaily (Read 41 times)

The pooch wimped out on me this morning.  It was pouring rain and 50 F at the trail head and she made it clear she preferred to get back in the car.  I ran a fast 5 miles of trail while she waited in the warm dry car.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning trailers, well the good news is we didn't hit our predicted -20, the bad news is we hit -15 Shocked

strength training this evening, in the warmth of the gym Smile

qotd: what are you current trail running shoes and are you thinking of switching?

mine are Pearl Izumi N2's w/ about 400 miles, I have a new pair in the closet ready to go, so plan on sticking w/ them for the near future anyways

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

F**k it's cold out there!  I ran 1 mile in 1 degree weather yesterday after work.  It's not much, but it counts.  This morning, it is -16 outside, and the high will be 1 with windchills down to -33.  That is just slightly ridiculous.

QOTD:  I have a pair of Pearl Izumi E Motions that I really like for trails--lots of traction and no a seamless toebox.  But right now I've been wearing my gore-tex Asics 2000s to keep my feet warm and dry.

QOTD:  Older model Brooks Cascadias are my current shoes.  I picked up a couple pairs cheap because they were two years out of date.  When they wear out I will probably buy newer Cascadias, but not necessarily the latest ones.  I always look for older models on sale.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning's run was freaking awesome, freezing cold with pelting ice but so freaking fun. The trails were slushy like ice - not quite snow but past the ice stage (I guess you could call it that). I will be posting pics of the trails later but it was a blast, 26 degrees with freezing rain that at some points felt like hard rocks. Rocky and I got out there at 5:39 and I found I didn't even need my head lamp, the ice/snow lit up the trails so well. It was peaceful, surreal and just quiet except for my footsteps (and Rocky's) - just an awesome run overall, slower than usual but the effort was much more than usual. We ran 6.1 miles in 1:08:26 with an average pace of 11:13 min/mile, and it was fun.

It's supposed to start snowing tonight, so hopefully my Sunday long run will be in powdery white snow instead of ice.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Guess I can't complain about our cool rainy weather with the cold front some of you are having.  Stay warm guys.

QOTD:  Go-To shoe is Mizuno Wave Ascend.  Also have Inov-8 Trailroc, NB Mt 101 and Hoka Bondi-B's in the rotation.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Warm and rainy here in MA, but cold and snow is forecast for tomorrow. SRD for

me today.

Good luck to the racers tomorrow morning.

QOTD: Currently on my 3rd pair of Asics Fuji Racers (w/ the drain holes plugged). I've

been using my NB 1400 on milder trails, and plan to try the NB Leadvilles next.

Occasional Runner

Going to run later with LB2, EDRW, Weegee and Jo. We'll do 5 or so on the CC100 course.

It's 45 and wet down here this morning. Perfect conditions for running 100 miles.

QOTD: Currently on my 3rd pair of Asics Fuji Racers (w/ the drain holes plugged). I've

been using my NB 1400 on milder trails, and plan to try the NB Leadvilles next.

Good choices Jon.

I use the NB1400's on almost everything. I'll go with to the NB1210's (Leadville) for rocky or technical 100's. If it a exceptionally smooth trail and I'm going 50 miles or less, I drop down to my NB10's.

Gator eye

Rest day.

QOTD: Mostly I use Asic Nimbus and a pair of Saugony Triumphs. I run a mix of paved, dirt, two tracks and trails when I get the chance.

UPS just dropped off a pair of Asic scouts to try, I'm hoping they have the nimbus feel with the protection from sharp rocks and roots. The last trail race I did the smaller rocks and stepping on roots was really taking a toll on the bottoms of my feet.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good luck to all the racers this weekend and goodluck on your FF test Snowden!

Did 4 miles of running around the hood last night.  After 1/2 mile, my foot magically stopped being sore (100%...absolutely no reminant of the soreness whatsoever) and it also feels perfect today too.  I guess something just needed to stretch out or pop into place or something.  Also did 20 mins on the bike/rollers with 7x45s of increased effort.  Ran out of day and didn't do the ab/core workout I was planning, but overall I'm really getting back into the groove and feeling good about the upcoming 2014 season.

Brought the running clothes with me to work, so if all works out I'll get some muddy trail miles once I'm free!

QOTD: inov8 Trailroc 245 are what I like these days.  I've also got 2 pairs of NB1010v2 that were "free" replacements for the older version (1 pair still boxed up)...I'm not in love with them but I'm getting some use out of them on shorter stuff.

**Ask me about streaking**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The trails during the morning's run - and I am sure that they now have 2-3 inches or so of snow on that ice Smile

Rocky had a blast

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Last night it was 7 degrees when I went out the door for 2 miles , felt like that was good enough . We have a few more days of this according to the forecast this morning with a biggish storm coming in tonight

QOTD : I'm happy with my Hokas . I ran in Mindbenders two nights because they have better traction but they made my knees hurt . I had my husband put the studs on my Hokas so they are good to go on ice and snow . I also have a pair of Saucony Xodus for technical stuff which I really try and avoid .

Chnaiur

Gym later today.

QOTD: I rotate two pairs: Mizuno something and Asics GT 2000. I'm planning to try out a pair of Hokas because of my foot issues. I'll also be looking for something with a real rock plate come spring.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing as doing a race tomorrow that is about 1/3 of what Kelly and Extreme are doing.

QOTD:  I have and like my Casadia 7, do to thrilled about there new model..will continue ordering new ones and hope the 9 are better.  The material on the upper of the 8 is too stiff.

FreeSoul:  I am glad you enjoyed your run because it sounds like hell to me!!

jamezilla:  I also have that foot pain going on.  I am sure mine is just tendoriatis and after I warm up id dulls down to an ache. .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Out running in the dark this morning and it was a tad chilly, I think 7F. Took a bit to warm up but the plan was for trail intervals and that was a fail. Did 3 halves but the cold was affecting my surgically repaired hip when I tried to really crank so I dialed it back to a jog and all was good. Maybe the stainless hardware in there was conducting the cold better they my leg could warm it. I don't really have any idea but I'll use that excuse.

QOTD-- Go to shoe-Saucony Xodus, accumulating mile shoes-North Face dbl track, non-technical genereal miles-Asics Kahuna, and screw shoes-New Balance 876.   Happy with all of them.  Currently in the box in the closet--La Sportiva Raptors and another pair of Xodus.