Trailer Trash

Memorial Mondaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me, but will walk a bit to help with recover. If rain stops, we'll walk outside, otherwise it's the TM.

I'll miss John M's yearly rant about never say "happy Memorial Day" as he always reminded us that it's a day if remembrance.

QOTD : Do you have any relatives, loved ones or friends who served and died for our country?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work . 16 hours of pay at 2 1/2 times normal . That's the best part. Also missed the parades we were supposed to be in because we got busy.  I feel like crap after a weekend of sitting and no running.

QOTD:  My dad was in the AF and DS is currently in as well.  Had several uncles that were in the army, including one that was in WW 2. He saw some light combat on Okinawa then was in full blown training for the assualt on Japan.  He was supposed to be in one of the first waves ashore then they dropped the bombs and all that was called off.  Many times I've reflected on that and thought that had the bombs not been dropped I might have never known him.

runtraildc

Morning folks. Ran a low key 4 mile race this morning with the county running club. Although a road race, it mostly was on a paved trail in the woods. Stlll lots of mud from flooding rains this week. I thought I was doing great, then at 3 miles, this little kid who barely reached my elbow zoomed past. I kept up with him for a couple hundred yards, all proud myself, til he found an opening to zoom past the next group of geriatrics. 

AT-- congrats to you and DW!  It was fun watching your progress Saturday. I also was impressed by the 13 and 16 year old's running in the 24 hour.

qotd: Not since my grandfathers generation, which included many uncles in WWII and the Korean War. I also miss John M.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7 more miles on Mt Joy, about 1,075 ft of gain and my quads were telling me that's too much. Less than 2 weeks til Laurel Highlands.

qotd: my grandfather served in WW I, my father and his two brothers in WW II, and my mother's brother in the Korean War. Somehow my brother and I missed Vietnam, though I served later. We all survived.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

6 miles on the mountain.  Sad day.  One of wife's family members died in a car accident.  Only 29.

Qotd my father and father in law in WW2.

AT-runner

Tim

6 miles on the mountain.  Sad day.  One of wife's family members died in a car accident.  Only 29.

Wow, so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in a car accident, so always hate hearing news like this.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Spent the day playing with the kids.  I am worn out big time.  But did sneak in 2.5 miles after.

NHLA - so sorry.  29 is too young and a car accident is a good way to go out.

AT - again, congrats!

QOTD: My grandfather was in WWII and so was DW's grandfather.  Both had war injuries but lived through them, obviously or her and I would not exist.  The movie Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorite movies - it came out the year my grandfather passed away and I balled like a baby in the theater.  I think I may actually watch it tonight...

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I am so sorry to hear that.

Monday was an SRD.

QOTD: I don't think we ever lost anyone in a war. My dad was drafted during Vietnam but did not pass the physical, which I found odd. I'm glad he didn't pass it.

LB2