Trailer Trash

Maybe Melting Mondailies (Read 37 times)

The pooch and I had a great 3 mile trail run. I used snowshoes to good effect.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks!

I love getting all these holidays off with my new job.

Planning on 5-6 this afternoon when it's sunny and hot (for us- mid 60's).

QOTD: how many days a week do you run?

I've been trying a 6-day schedule over the last 6 weeks (sundays off). It's turning out pretty well so far. Even if it's only for 2-3 miles, I'm getting out each day. I'm trying to build up smarter than I have in the past and hopefully it will work out.

AT-runner

Tim

No melt here.  2-4" more going to fall tonight.

Nice long run yesterday while sharing some logging roads with the snowmobiles.  Traction was an issue so felt like running in sand.  On the hills I was running at the speed the hill allowed. Any faster and i would just slip out with my back leg.  It was more of a shuffle than a run, but was nice to be out.

QOYD:  I cut back to 4-5 days per week when I turned 40 (too many years ago).  It suits my body and my schedule well and has kept me injury free.  (The only injuries I've had in the past 12 years are from falls on the trails.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Day off from work so will do something, probably six later.  After newspaper, internet and coffee I have yard work planned.  One tree dumped so many pinecones I think using a shovel will work best for picking them all up.

QOTD:  My goal was to try and never have two days in a row without running.  I don't think that is working because some weeks I run 3 days.  So new goal is 5 days a week.  I also would never run if I didn't have time for 6 miles...now I am ok with 4 miles here and there; realizing it's better than nothing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Will get in a short run (4-5 miles) today and hit the gym this evening for some strength training- benefits of having the day off Smile

qotd: usually 4, twice in the week (Tues, Wed or Thurs), a long run on Sat, shorter run on Sunday- Mon and Fri I strength train; I was running 5 times a week, but seems like I was more a little injury prone and not getting enough recovery

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Morning!  Off to work  and taking a rest from running after a HIIT class this morning.  Quick shout out to Watoni... probably crossed paths at some point on the WS trail on Sunday!  I went up with a bunch of peeps from the Coastside Running Club in HMB.  Here we are, I'm in the blue shorts and white top.

QOTD: 4 days of running, 2 days HIIT class, 1 rest day.  At least that's the goal.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3A44%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A%3B%3B%3D938%3DXROQDF%3E2786952784249ot1lsi

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Not melting, but a wonderful winter day, with the loads of snow and lots of sunshine. Planning a snowshoe run in the evening with my buddy. I might go sledding with the kids in the afternoon, kind of hill training, running up and down the slope.

QOTD: 4-5 days, but there's no plan. Sometimes it's 3 days in a row without running, then 6 days of running - I go with the flow between work, kids, and weather.

Run for fun.

muppy

Plan on 6 after work.

QOTD I usually run 5 days a week.

Last week was only 4 but I shoveled snow at work for 37 hours from Thursday to Sunday, I consider that cross training.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy prez day all!

SRD for me.  Today will be a cleaning day if I can ever get away from the service dept of the car dealership who is holding me hostage.

Last week I ended up with 47 miles running, 3 hrs on the bike, and about an hour of pushups/ core work.  I'm going to call that my best training week ever.

Qotd: I'm working on trying to maintain a solid 6 days a week.  So far it seems like this is the right route to a new level of running for me.

**Ask me about streaking**

NorthernHarrier

Not melting here, actually accumulating as in we are getting 3 to 7 inches as I type. Got in 6 miles on some packed bike trails wearing micro's, it was a whiteout mini-blizzard. I was looking like Windigo covered with snow and ice. Figured I better quit when I did as the roads were really going to hell.  I am sooo ready for spring.

Took 2nd place male in my snowshoe race up north yesterday (not a real lot of peeps there) so that was cool. A nice plaque made to look like a small snowshoe. Just trying to make the best of this long winter.

QOTD--I'm usually around 5x per week. Even with the biking(or skiing) and swimming I try to keep up there but certainly don't sweat it if something alters that. I'm not training for anything. I'll end up with 6x this week plus some snowshoeing. Oh, and a long hike on Lake Superior to get to the renowned ice caves this weekend.

LB2

Continuing to rest. Today is always a scheduled day off, Mondays. But I have a 50K coming up this weekend, so I am also tapering, more extremely than I planned. Last week, any run would have been a cold swim; then, I was sick the rest of the week and didn't recover until yesterday. I feel good, though. I am having a few tapering pains, IT Band, right foot, lower back, etc. I'll get a little leg turnover tomorrow night and Wednesday. I may run down the mountain and back up Friday when we arrive just to tie up a loose end or two, nothing hard.

QOTD: I try to run as many days as possible. I usually get 5 or 6. When I take my spring break from running, which will start after this race. I try to run no more than 3 days. I try to keep a fast one, a longish (about 10 miles), and a recovery run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays.

LB2

Chnaiur

Back from an amazing week skiing in Japan. We skied all day, and soaked in hot springs afterwards. Here is a pic from the one day with clear enough weather to tour (we climbed the volcano in the background). The other days we got 4-12 inches of snow, so we stayed in the system.

Now, I really look forward to focusing on running. Starting light with 3 miles and some weights today.

QOTD: I've made it a goal to get at least 3 miles in six days per week. The purpose is to get my feet to adapt better to longer distances. Not sure it is working, but I enjoy it so I will continue.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

QOTD: I've made it a goal to get at least 3 miles in six days per week. The purpose is to get my feet to adapt better to longer distances. Not sure it is working, but I enjoy it so I will continue.

^^^That is the key: You enjoy it.

Nice picture of that trip, btw. I lived in Okinawa for a year when I was in the Marines. It is a much more tropical climate than where you were. It had some nice ocean water to dive in, though.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 7.2 mile run. Temps were a balmy 28 degrees with a nice sun. Most of this was on snow and ice covered dirt roads so footing was a little sketchy.  Now it's off to a late Valentine's dinner with DW. Where to? Just Fuddrucker's. Before you laugh or beat me up for being a bad husband it was her choice. Nothing better then a cheap date !!!!

QOTD: I like to get in 5 days of some sort of exercise with the emphasis being on running. However, this year I've been lucky to get in 3 days a week.

Watoni

Working, but got in a nice climb to Skyline on my bike .... got more vertical in running yesterday, though Smile