Trailer Trash

Frostbite Fridaily (Read 40 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I did 11 miles in the snowstorm yesterday. It was very cold (25 deg, and winds up to 50 mph), and the winds were so strong on the first 3 miles, that on every step, while I was away from the ground, they would blow me backwards. Very exhausting, especially uphill. Fortunately, the strongest gusts let up a bit for a while then.

The tunnel leading underneath a major road was flooded, so I had to run a detour and cross that road (scariest part of the run), and later, a fallen tree was blocking the trail. Lots of damage from the wind.

Planning on a run later today.

QOTD: Pass.

Enjoy the Friday, trailers!

Run for fun.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good for you FTYC.....I wimped out on my run last night.   it was only about 19 degrees at my place with the same winds and I just couldn't force myself out my front door.  Sad   Not sure if I'll get anything in today.....my 4 year old DDS gave me an invitation last night to my birthday party this evening (just the wifey and kiddos, I think).....so I will be eating something delicious and following that up with something more delicious...jello cake!

Maybe after the kids go to bed, I'll be motivated to go run.

Have a great Friday everyone!

--mike

KreegSauceRuns

Windy as heck here this morning.  Did 3.2 easy slow miles on the TM followed by some calf raises and a round of leg blasters.  More coming at lunch hopefully.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

DigDug2

6.5 mi this a.m. - back to below freezing in CT, but clear and getting noticeably lighter out.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all! An hour at the gym (bike and core).

FTYC - that is just a pure tough as nails workout.  Way to go.

Stay safe out there east coasters as the wind is still sticking around a bit.

Have a great day! (and weekend)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I also bagged my scheduled run last night, but doing it tonight instead (5 easy).  I have an 18 miler planned on the trails tomorrow, so hope to have some good weather here in PA.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Long run tomorrow and downhill skiing Sunday before the Super Bore (my team's not playing).

Happy Birthday, Mike.

QOTD:  Given the choice, on a beautiful trail run, would you rather run alone or with a running buddy?

I do like running with a buddy, or even a group, but I prefer to run alone on trails.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today, Uwharrie tomorrow. Note to self-don't man bike prior to a race, hadn't been bike for several years and went a little overboard  yesterday Smile

qotd- tough call, I like running alone, but like to share a beautiful trail as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hi all!  SRD for me.  Meetings and travel instead.  But have my son's 'long' run planned for tomorrow to look forward to.

Mecrowe-- Happy Birthday.  enjoy the jello cake!

qotd:  alone.  I enjoy running with others, but on the trail, mostly solo.

good luck to all the racers this weekend!

Birdwell

Morning foks! Got an quick 5 miler in this morning. Weather was a nice calm 20 F. skies were clear, and I also noticed it was just a tad bit brighter.

the run almost didn't happen. I set the alarm for 5, and when it went off, I just turned it off and went back to sleep. Luckily my guilty conscience kept me a little restless, and at 6, I decided to just suck it up and go.

FYTC: sounds entertaining, to say the least.

mtwarden: good luck this weekend!

QOTD: I get a kick out of sharing trails and beautiful areas with family and friends. But preferably not more than 1 or 2 at a time.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Forgot to wish mecrowe a happy b-day! Have a good one.

QOTD: With the right company a nice trail run can be great.  But alone is my preference.  Me and nature.  Can't go wrong with that.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Hehe, you guys whining about the cold and you're 30 degrees warmer than what we're dealing with. C'mon peeps, toughen up. Big grin

Was thinking about heading north for the weekend but I'm a wimp myself. It is 15 below at my shack right now and the high will stay below zero. I'll stay here where our high will hit about 6F. Balmy!

8 miles on tap on the roads today.  Forgot my woolie bullies though.  As a reward though I brought a growler along so I'll be stopping at a brew pub on the way home. Oh yeah! Cool

FTYC-- Awesome running in that wind. Beast!

Mecrowe-Happy B-day! What's gonna happen after the kids are in bed???

Mt Warden-- Hey, have fun on your race.

QOTD--Generally alone.

It was a great morning for a trail run. The pooch and I did 5 miles of trail in the light covering of untracked snow. The falling snow made the woods especially beautiful.

QOTD: Does my pooch Marley count?  She goes on every run with me.  As far as running with other people, I do like to run with my daughter once in a while, but otherwise I prefer to run without human company.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Scrapster

Hey, Trailers.  SRD, but may sneak out of the office early for an easy peasy 30 minutes to shake my legs out.  Driving to WI tonight, so I'm going to be cramped for awhile.  Smile

QOTD:  I love running with my guy, usually.  I love running alone, usually.  I love running with my friends, usually.  Depends on my mood, always.

Ultra Cowboy

Last night I went out after dark on the trails with a couple of 100 milers for what was supposed to be a SLOW 6 miles.  Well I think it was my fastest 7.6 mile trail run on those trails.  They are preparing for WS100, and getting their headlamping time in.

QOTD-  I enjoy my group runs once a week.  Mainly for the Breakfast after.  That is a large group and I get to converse briefly with a big range of skill levels.  Fast folks in the morning marking the trail and then the beginners when I start the group run in the morning and work myself up the line from the back chatting with folks as I go along.

Wednesday is a fun run night I use as a recovery run, and you never know who will show up to it.  There is usually a post run beer or two and is the anchor of my social life.

The real special runs with one or two friends every couple of weeks seem to be the ones where I push myself harder, and we have in depth, personal, meaningful conversations.  I've become much closer with some of my training mates on these runs.

But sometimes you just need to run solo.  I can count on 2-3 solo runs a week.

WYBMADIITY

Save