Trailer Trash

it's not Friday, it's the Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

lets get this week over with already 

Tiny Elvis and I got 3-ish miles in before sunrise; on this loop there is a really steep (tiptoe steep) section that Elvis crushes me on- I let him off the leash so he can run up it, but he'll wait for periodically :4:

qotd:  how much tv do you watch?  not much here, I watch a little news in the morning, a little news in the evening and an occasional show here and there, probably more on Netflix than "regular" tv.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 6 early this morning. I saw a deer cross the gravel road in front of me. I plan to put a stop to some of that after Pinhoti is over. I'll take a little break after that run to try to kill a deer or two for the freezer. The little twang at the bottom of my hamstring seems to have worked itself out. I think it was the result of some overstriding I was doing in some of my faster runs that I have been doing lately. I slowed way down this morning and paid attention to where my feet landed. I don't worry so much about my footstrike as I do about making sure my feet land under my center of gravity. It has made all the difference in the world, and I think it is what has kept me healthy for so long. But sometimes, I get careless.

QOTD: I don't watch too much, mostly news, weather, and some National Geographic stuff. However, I do like watching "Lt. Joe Kenda: Homocide Hunter". I think that guy chain smoked 24-7. He apparently replaced sleep with Marlboro Reds.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm holding off on today's run till later, I have a shipment from RW arriving today.

Supposed to be 94 today, haven't checked the dew point but I'm sure it's low

70's.

QOTD: In the morning I put on the weather channel and mute it. while I do other things.
        We mostly watch on demand shows in the evenings; right now we're trying "I'm dying up here" on

Showtime.

muppy

6.7 miles last night on the Horseshoe Trail. I'm ready for the nice cool days of winter!

QOTD  I don't really watch much TV, about the only thing we watch are some of the series.  Just got done with deadwood on HBO,that was pretty good.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work. Took off the night shift so i was hoping to get out at 7 pm go home and get in a run. Now the guy that's covering my night shift won't be in until about 9 pm so I gotta stay later so no run for me.   Guess that will give my ankles a break.  Lately they have been really stiff and sore.  So much so that after yesterdays bike ride I decided not to run. I'd like them to be in half way decent shape for this weekend.

lets get this week over with already 

What's the big hurry???

LB2 - Had a lot of fun shooting my new crossbow last night.  Almost makes me want deer season to get here faster.  Does LA allow crossbows down there?

Jon - New shoes from RW??? That always gets me fired up.

Muppy - Winter?????   How about just slowing down and creeping through fall first .

QOTD:  Pretty much only at work. So if I'm in the station and get my paws on the remote I'll watch a lot of the history channel.  If someone else has stuff on I'll often just go to another room and play on the computer.

LB2

LB2 - Had a lot of fun shooting my new crossbow last night.  Almost makes me want deer season to get here faster.  Does LA allow crossbows down there?

Yes. They do. Over the last few years, they have really expanded options for the "primitive hunting" season in an attempt to get more people to hunt. People don't hunt the way they used to around here, which is fine with me. There are a few die hard deer hunters left, and very few die hard turkey hunters left, which I really like. I prefer to have the woods to myself in the spring. Anyway, you can start hammering deer in early November with single shot 45-70, 35 Whelen, 444 Marlin, etc. These are centerfire cartridges in a crack barrel rifle. At one time, the primitive season was limited to bow and arrow, which starts October 1, and actual muzzleloader, which started around November 15 or so. Now, you can shoot crossbows from October 1. I have a 35 Whelen bolt action, and I have a 7mm-08 single barrel. The little bit of deer hunting I do is done with that 7mm-08. I went opening day last year and killed a doe. Then, I piddled around a little bit in front of the house. I am going to do more than piddle around over there this season, though.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Happy birthday, Muppy. 

No running, day 24. Yard work and more moving stuff around in our guest house. Heading to Baltimore to see the Orioles game with DS. A few beverages before the game. 

QOTD : only in the evening and then it's usually sports or the History Channel and Discovery Channel. Watch Game of Thrones and some other dramas like The Crown.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ahh Muppy's birthday- Happy Birthday!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gym at lunch will run after work.

QOTD:  We get movies and TV shows from the library.  When the old man is here, we watch at least 2 hours every night.  When he is gone I read a book at night.

Warden: Tiny E a Rottweiler? 

Happy Birthday Muppy!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a 9.5 lb Rottweiler 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Planet of fitness at lunch for weights and stretching. I am sort of ambivalent about exercising at this point but need to stick with it. Also lawn mowing tonight in the heat followed by power dive into the pool and power lounging on the back deck.

I did jog/shuffle/walk about 5 with the Lady out on the trails of green lane last night. We took the easy red loop, shortened version, but it did not feel short. It was warm and humid but hey it's summer and that's what happens.

QOTD: Evenings mostly. Currently watching the Le' Tour evening replay, DVR some of the British Open, or will stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Series, or DVR'd stuff. Just finished Fargo recently from FX.

In dog beers, I've only had one.