Trailer Trash

WakeupWednesdaily (Read 32 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Early run this morning, just over 5 miles.  I was about half way through my loop and have to cross a gravel road where there is a trailhead, eight or ten vehicles in the lot- hmmm that's highly unusual.  As I started up the switchbacks I looked down and saw 10 or 12 gals also starting up as well, running group I'm guessing.  I quickened up the pace uphill pretending they were a wild band of Amazon women hunting me down, then after awhile something took over and I found myself really slowing down 

qotd: tunes while you run?  when running solo I usually have my ipod

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran my weekly "tempoish" run last night.  I am getting slower or maybe it was all the pasta I ate last night at Olive Garden.  Kids had a great time - waiter treated us great and gave us extra food!

So this morning I woke up and was in and out of sleep for a bit and had a dream about WS100 - I was in it and was late for packet pickup because I overslept.  Maybe tomorrow I can continue the dream, pick up my packet, and start running the race.  That would be cool!

mtwarden - please finish your story...even if you have to make stuff up.  

QOTD: I haven't run with music in a few years. If I am running in the woods, specifically this time of year, I want to hear everything.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

8 trail miles with a running client and the dogs. Easy pace, nice weather and a beautiful morning.

Work today, then two days of drunk golf with customers and my boss. I probably won't get many miles between now and Western States.

QOTD: Tunes on the road, but never on the trail. I love my running music.

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Got in 3.5 miles this morning during swim practice.   No trails, unfortunately, but the weather was nice.   On this loop, I have a choice of two hills on the return.  Ended up taking the harder hill, but more shade and less traffic.  A few minutes later, we were heading home down the other hill I could have run, and it was closed due to police and emergency vehicles everywhere.  I'm hoping it was a utiltiies issue (i.e. broken water main) and not a crime scene.  Glad I chose the other hill.

qotd:  Nope, except on the treadmill.  I need to be aware of my surroundings (see above).

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trail peeps.  Slightly cooler here today with less humidity.  Beer Runners group tonight and tomorrow DW and I are going to try and hook up with Scott Jurek as he'll be coming towards us nearing the 1/2 way point in a day or two.  He's just south of Harper's Ferry now, so 50 miles away via AT.

warden - As I say with Queen, pictures please (or a made up story).

Jamie - slow running is better than no running.

Lace - enjoy the Drunk Golf.

dc - I need the TV on the treadmill. Music is distracting enough for the torture.

QOTD: Sometimes on long road runs, but never on the trails and never during a race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Dropped off the boys at camp for their field trip to a water cave with a boat ride, and now I'm just waiting for breakfast to settle before heading out. The humidity is mostly gone now, and it seems more like an autumn day than summer, with clear air, cooler, and sunshine. But, more clouds and rain in the forecast, so "summer" is probably going to return soon!

warden: Did you end up getting grilled?  Waiting for the end of the story as well!

Jamie: nice dream, except for the "late" part.  I've had those "late for the race"-dreams, too, might this be telling us something? Hopefully you'll continue your race tonight, and finish!

lace: "Drunk golf" sounds great!

traildc: Big city adventure - we don't have that here. Did you find out what it was about?

AT: If I didn't have to work, I'd go down there myself, just to see him in real life!

QOTD: No music for me. Never had any on my runs. I always think it would be fun, and I put together play lists etc., but never have used it. I "play" music in my mind, though, or sing (in my mind).

Run for fun.

LB2

I had a hard effort yesterday evening in the heat. I'll balance it out with an easy run after work this evening.

QOTD: Yesterday, I actually ran with music. I rarely do that. One of the motivations for me to start running was to listen to music and just zone out. I trained for my first ultra and listened to music on every single run. On race day, the weather was so bad that I didn't want to chance ruining my iPod. It was not a problem. Then, my first 100K I just knew I would have to have music to run that far. It was so humid that day that I could not get the stupid thing to work. So, I ran without it again, no problem. I don't even bring headphones to a race anymore.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning trail peeps.  Slightly cooler here today with less humidity.  Beer Runners group tonight and tomorrow DW and I are going to try and hook up with Scott Jurek as he'll be coming towards us nearing the 1/2 way point in a day or two.  He's just south of Harper's Ferry now, so 50 miles away via AT.

...so that would put him in my neck of the woods Friday???? I would have to drag the kids along to go see him.....hmmm......

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Feeling tired, beat up and run down for some reason. Last evening's run pretty much sucked. poor turnover and short stride along with just feeling really tired.   Had a run in with one of the neighbors dogs. There was a time when you could stop and chat with all the mutts in the neighborhood, now they want to bite your hand off .

Don't know if I'll get any miles in today. Have to hang around the house waiting for another paving company to look at my driveway and give a quote for paving and sealing. I know they'll be coming today or tomorrow, just don't know when. Might be able to get in a short 3 mile walk with DW before I head off to work tonight.

QOTD: Only use music on TM, elliptical and bike trainer.

XtremeTaper

Continued R&R but likely in the next few days I will get out for a shake out run. No rush. I think we will all go for a nice walk in the woods tonight.

QOTD: No tunes here. I did run a few times as hobby jogger way back when with one of those Walkman thingies. Sweaty earbuds and wires did not appeal to me while running.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, kids

I did a 4 mile road run as I continue to heal, I plan to be trail-ready by

Saturday. Incredible weather this morning; mid-60's, sunny and just a tad of

humidity.

DD1: You've mentioned that rundown feeling before, I don't go to the Dr. so

I won't recommend that but maybe a little more protein.

QOTD: I always have something playing when driving, but not when running.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well got up early and decided to clean the drool off the floors and windows versus running so the house looked good when the old man returns today.  But have my stuff and lunchtime 5 is the plan.  Luckily it appears cooler and overcast.

QOTD: Sometimes I tune and sometimes I don't.  On long runs with friends I usually pull the tunes out for the last hour to get me home.  What about books on tape (guess they call it tape anymore) does anyone do that?.  I was thinking of downloading a book to listen too.  Especially for my 50 miler coming up.

mtwarden: 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

mtwarden - please finish your story...even if you have to make stuff up.  

I kept looking over my shoulder and could see they were gaining on me, they had fresh legs and I didn't.  There was no way I was going to outrun them and there were too many to try to overpower them, so I decided to just accept my fate. They surrounded me and no one said a word, they seemed like they could communicate without speaking. They all unlaced their shoes and handed them over to a short brunette who quickly wove the laces into a sturdy looking rope. Before I could react, my hands were bound, this wasn't looking good. I thought the worst and then had another thought. How does an all female tribe continue to survive into the future....

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Went to the doctor Monday (finally) ...

Everything really scary on the ankle ruled out except for a long recovery -- still swollen six weeks in.

He said two more weeks to think about running, but I tested my new orthodics and could not help jogging a bit. Sore Achilles today and need to chill since I am trying to a double century Saturday on no training Smile

QOTD: I never listen to music while running, cycling, etc.

Daydreamer1

DD1: You've mentioned that rundown feeling before, I don't go to the Dr. so

I won't recommend that but maybe a little more protein.

I think this particular case comes down to several things. First I had a really great mileage week last week. Got in 51 miles in 7 days, a lot for me and a huge increase from the previous 4-5 weeks which were all less than 20. Second the humid weather really kills me and makes my recovery times longer. Last, but not least, I was functioning on too little sleep considering how many miles I'd put in.

Sometimes my diet really sucks. Always get enough protein but eat too much junk.