Trailer Trash

Ran delay Saturdaily (Read 29 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Was supposed to be on my long run now, but we're waiting for a couple of hours to see if there is a break in the rain.  Our heat wave and drought is officially over now- 31 days of over 90 degrees over the last 45 days w/ just a couple of tenths of moisture.  We really dodged a big bullet and only had a handful of small fires, it could have catastrophic w/ the conditions w/ had.  Rained all night (still raining) and a chilly 47 degrees, bring on Fall! Big grin

qotd: favorite season?  definitely Fall, cooler weather, but not cold- backcountry is almost empty, hunting season, college football, all the good stuff!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Rain here, also.  Ended up doing yoga yesterday instead of running, so I'm heading out shortly for a quick run.

qotd:  This time of year, it's fall.  Talk to me in winter and I'll say spring.   We've had a very mild summer, so much that it feels we outright skipped it and went from late spring to early fall.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  I really love the fall colors, apples, cooler weather and back to school.

have a good day, trailers!

moonlightrunner

My early morning run is also on delay. Sick grandbaby. Hoping to get out a bit later...in the muggy heat warden sent out way. Thanks!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

It rained here overnight, then turned into a beautiful, crisp morning. I logged a 6 mile tempo run and then did a core workout in the gym. I came back home and took the pup out for 9 trail miles. Its been a pretty badass day so far.

QOTD: Without a doubt, FALL! I can't wait for it to get here.

charlesmoman

Officially 40 miles of walking for the week. Today was 5 miles at a 15:43 pace. A little faster than normal because I threw in a few 30 second jogs. The first few were fine, but all of a sudden it was a VERY bad thing to do. My left side (the side I got hit on in the wreck) quickly proved it is weaker and tighter times 10. It made me almost limp when walking, so I had to stop the jogging fast. More than 40 miles would have been bad too. I look fine walking, but I still feel it with each step. I would rate on a pain scale of 1-10, my walking at a 1-2 most of the time and 3-4 when I first start.

I watched a documentary on Netflix "So Much, So Fast" about a guy with ALS. Watch it and you won't whine about too much in your life.

QOTD - anytime when it is not hot. I guess fall and winter would be my favorite.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I agree with runtraildc, it has been a very mild summer here in the northeast, I was thinking

that same thing during my quick 7 miles today.

Found out yesterday that our move to NY will be delayed for about a month, what a drag. I've

quit my job, started packing, and I was ready to rock. Now I have more time to kill, wanna

guess what I plan to do with that time?

QOTD: Fall; cooler temps, less trail traffic, bugs are thinning out. Not to mention the air

in the woods takes on a different quality than other seasons, crisper if that makes any

sense.

AT-runner

Tim

Must be raining all over he country.  I went out for a few miles in the rain, but was having such a great run that I extended it to 12 miles.  I was pretty soaked through after I was done.  Didn't see a single biker, hiker, horse, animal, spider or fly.  It was a great day to be alive in he rainy woods!

Charles - My best friend, Steve died 7 years ago from ALS.  I saw that documentary and it was fantastic.  Steve's wife won't watch it because it's too personal for her.

QOTD:  I love all the seasons and especially the changes, so for me, my favorite is always the next one. Right now, I can't wait for the Fall colors, but come December, I'll be wishing for snow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Not raining here. Was going to try for the SFRC store run again (generally 13-15 miles with 2500-3000 feet of elevation gain), but after the week(s) I have had at work could not not pull it off two weeks in a row.

Going to hit the local trails now, and see how I feel. Will report back ....

QOTD: Between summer and winter here. If there is snow in the Sierras, winter can be awesome here. Summer has the longer days so I actually get in more daylight exercise. I would feel differently if this were not Northern California, and probably choose fall (as I did when I lived in VT, NY, MA, Germany, Austria -- well, with Austria winter and summer were pretty bad ass).

Daydreamer1

Just got home from my continuing education class on wilderness rescue. Didn't really learn a lot because it was geared towards beginners. Might go out for a walk to see how the ankle feels.

QOTD: I'd have to say fall because of the cooler days and lower humidity.. I'm not really in a hurry for it to get here because summer is a close second. Winter isn't too bad but I really hate spring with the massive changes in the weather from day to day.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just came home from a crazy work day, big hot coffee tsunami early in the morning (we had a huge multi-gallon spill), then lots of new students and parents on move-in weekend. I liked it, however.

Maybe a run later. Kids are out, and I'm alone, so what do I do with that... 

QOTD: Summer - love the heat and humidity. But it's not that bad in PA, so that's a cautious statement. Fall is great, too, or spring, with all the flowers.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Heavy air here. Steamy would be the word and yes a little rain too.  Ran and some walking for two and a half hours out at Blue Mounds. Kept the pace easy and actually felt like I could go all day. The rocks were sweating and the trail a little greasy in spots but I never tipped over so that was a plus.

Bought a new utility trailer but I'm having it accessorized  so I won't be bringing it home for a few days. I love manly toys!

QOTD--I live for fall. Nothing else comes close. My only complaint is it is too short and you know winter is looming.

Watoni

Got in a little over 13 ... main goal was hitting the 5.5 mile climb to Skyline through Wunderlich, just keeping it reasonable.

Was a great time ... had to break for some horses and hikers, but caught up to a runner who was heading down when I was within about half a mile of the summit at the bottom of the descent and had a nice chat. He is training for Pine to Palm and seems like a good guy.

Jury is out on the Huakas .... fun shoes but could be blister trouble. Ironic that the ultra shoes tend to give me blisters whereas the minimal ones do not ....

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well the rain has never let up (we dearly need it, so not complaining!) so I ran 14 miles on the treadmill- I can tell you running two hours-ish on the treadmill is not very fun Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

well the rain has never let up (we dearly need it, so not complaining!) so I ran 14 miles on the treadmill- I can tell you running two hours-ish on the treadmill is not very fun Sad

I own a fantastic treadmill. I mounted a really nice flat screen TV on the wall in front of it so I could watch the news. I added a DVD player and installed a surround sound system for music. I've never used it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well I definitely don't want to buy it from you  Big grin  I'd been better off getting wet and cold me thinks Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √