Trailer Trash

thursdays (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

This week has flown by. Got in 3 miles with a friend who doesn't run much but goes fast when she does. I think I need to do more of these kinds of runs-- fast short runs instead of higher miles at my slower, comfortable pace.  Will head to the gym for some strength work in a bit. I'm feeling some complaints in my right hip/lower back that need some attention.

qotd: Anything missing from your training? Me, above explains it all. I need to do more speedwork and I've also slacked off on strength work.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, I ran 5 miles last night.  Hamstring hurt for the last few minutes, but otherwise did okay.

QOTD: Ummm, that whole running part.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

No run today. We are starting our drive down to GA (Amicalola Falls) later today where we will spend the weekend for my niece's wedding. Last night, a slow 4 miles at Green Lane. Left knee and quad are pretty pissed off about my race last Sunday. Should be able to get some hiking and slow runs in down there though.

QOTD: Speedwork, tempo. I tend to run with the dog at an every day pace.

Runtrail - I saw that... you called me Sir!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

7.3 miles around the mountain.

Qotd  speed work

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a very nice 7-ish miles yesterday evening, 7-ish this evening, but won't be so nice- highs near 80- that's a 20 degree jump I could do without

qotd: as most of my running is geared towards fun runs in the mountains and races simply to stay on track with training- I've shied away from speed work, I can live with the realization I'll never be fast. I do need to be more consistent with hill repeats- should be doing them once a week; it's been more like once every 2-3 weeks

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Another stellar day in the neighborhood but I so need a rest day so I'll hop on the road bike for some easy spinning. Or maybe i should up my intensity on the bike too as I was getting passed yesterday by commuters on hybrids.  My, how far I've fallen. This aging thing....

I think I've gotten the green light from DW to do a spur of the moment type canoe trip to Quetico before my daughters projected birthing thing. It will be a little early but it will give me a good shot to get some early lake trout which is always fun. Heading to the cabin for a few days now but I'll grab one of my canoes and some gear and maybe Tuesday I"ll point it towards Ontario. If nothing changes anyway.

QOTD--youth 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run... just can't stomach another city run.

Qotd:  speed...but I can't do anything about it as my dogs dictate my pace.  Too many good snells and places to piss... dogs are smarter than us.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Just did a little shopping with DW, now it's time to haul some garbage to the dumpster then take my used motor oil to the garage that takes it from me. I had a 15 gallon barrel  of it in my storage shed that I had over filled. I though it would be OK as long as the cap was put on tight. Wrong. Started to pull it out of the shed and the dang thing started leaking around the cap, made a really, really nice mess .

After I get all this stuff done I'll head up on the mountain for 10+ miles. Hoping for about 13-14 but we shall see how I'm feeling.

QOTD: Speedwork.  It's amazing how much improvement I get from just a couple of sessions. Gotta keep up with the strength training but it's so difficult to get to the gym when the weather is warmer.

NorthernHarrier

Well, I ran 5 miles last night.  Hamstring hurt for the last few minutes, but otherwise did okay.

Awesome!

Gator eye

Windy cold and rain still looks to last the reat of this week into the weekend, so much for my long run this week. Rest day today.

QOTD: diet and exercise, besides running i dont do shit   and I love candy.

muppy

6.8 miles on honest to goodness real trails yesterday, I felt so good to be on them.

QOTD   Weight training for a more balanced muscles.  I have a lot of working muscles, but I think if I was more balanced I would not be injured as much.

AT-runner

Tim

Windy and cool morning run of about 10 miles.  Trees were making some funny sounds as the rubbed together. I stopped to listen 2 different times as I wasn't sure if it was the tees or an animal.

Dc - any soreness from the accident?

Mandy and Muppy - Yay!!!

QOTD: Upper body work.  Shoulder has been coming along really slowly, and I'd love to be able to use it and get back into swimming or some lifting. My legs look like I'm a runner, but my arms look like I'm the Pillsbury Dough Man.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Runtrail - I saw that... you called me Sir!

And Harrier, is the ice out? I saw a pic from the end of the gunflint trail from last weekend-- still completely frozen.  And congrats, Grandpa!

AT- nope, feel perfectly fine. The rear of the car took the force. Spinning around absorbed a good amount of energy, too. Being reasonably physically fit and healthy doesn't hurt either.

Muppy-- yoga.

LB2

Psychotic weather last night carried over to this morning. So, I slept. I'll do a double tomorrow. It has been a tough week for running for me. But then again, I am only supposed to be running 5 days per week, so I am still in good shape to get at least 30 miles.

QOTD: Long run is missing, but I'll be ramping that up very soon. I haven't run anything longer than 10 miles this year.

LB2

Sandy-2

3 mi early this morning. Then drove into the big city for an all-day meeting, dinner tonight, then an all-day meeting tomorrow.  They did put me up in a hotel for tonight, so that's nice. Next Mon and Tues I'll be in D.C. for more meetings.  Grrrrrrr.

Tomorrow I'll do a few miles around the nearby Houston's Memorial Park, which is the Mecca for city runners here.

qotd: been doing cote stuff to help my lower back, which is slowly improving. Now like others around here I should throw in some speed work to help with my plodding pace.

tbd.