Trailer Trash

2's-Daily (Read 56 times)

muppy

Did 13.1 at blue marsh lake this morning, was a beautiful morning, the blue bell flowers were blooming and got some snow flurries!

Northern Harrier, good luck with the maple syrup! For last few years my son would tap all our maple trees and we would make maple syrup.

QOTD I prefer a nice,not too rocky, hilly single track.

Daydreamer1

Another rest day for me while I rest the left lower paw. I've never had a ankle injury swell up this much. I have no pain and can easily walk on it, but the whole foot looks like a burrito with five little projections out the front. The colors are now fading and it's mostly just black and blue now. I'm hoping to get back on the elliptical by this Friday.

QOTD: Last week this time I would have said a mix of non-technical single track with some grassy logging trails thrown in. But since I was on non-technical single track when I rolled my ankle, and I always seem to fall on the easier portions of trails, maybe I'll switch to only running on the very technical stuff.

Watoni

Hoping for some cycling today (and tomorrow) ... running Thursday am and Friday before heading out on vacation

QOTD: Hilly, but not overly technical singletrack, and climbs/descents of 1-2 miles

Snowdenrun

Good Morning!

I didn't run yesterday and I'm not sure what I'll get in today. Probably a shorter run. I have been so busy since new years and my EMT class is finally finished. I thought I would feel like I had a lot of free time but I still won't have a night off for a bit. I think my brain told my body "okay the class is over, you can be tired now".

QOTD: The trails I run on are a mix of everything. Rocks, dirt, mud, water holes, tree roots, wooden planks, hills...repeat. And I love that! These are really the only trails I have experience running on so I can't really say what I don't like.

SRD again for the pooch and me.

QOTD: I like a mix of single track and woods roads.  I prefer to be in the woods/forest rather than desert, prairie, or above  tree line.  I don't mind a little mud or some stream crossings.  Some snow or ice is OK too.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, felt nice.  I'll do about 4 easy miles after work.  Hope the T-storms keep it down to a dull roar.

My little "backyard 50" is turning into a big party.  Lots of folks out in the woods, but the RD has all the start times spaced out so it somehow works.   http://www.tejastrails.com/docs/HellsHills__Reg.html

qotd: always looking for that single track.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Ultra Cowboy

planning on 4 easy tonight.

QOTD:  A good trail has a little of everything.  Singletrack that winds through trees, open sidehills with great ridgetop views, enough rocks to keep you alert,   Uphills are Switchbacks with a couple level stretches to  recover, followed by smooth downhill stretches where you feel like you are flying.  Every now and then you catch a whiff of Elk, or Sage, or Pepperwood.  There are flowers in the Spring, and colorful leaves in the Fall, and the tree trunks have the pretty green moss on the north side of the ridge.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Watoni

planning on 4 easy tonight.

QOTD:  A good trail has a little of everything.  Singletrack that winds through trees, open sidehills with great ridgetop views, enough rocks to keep you alert,   Uphills are Switchbacks with a couple level stretches to  recover, followed by smooth downhill stretches where you feel like you are flying.  Every now and then you catch a whiff of Elk, or Sage, or Pepperwood.  There are flowers in the Spring, and colorful leaves in the Fall, and the tree trunks have the pretty green moss on the north side of the ridge.

Great description! Trail running is hard enough that balance is called for!

Got my lunch ride in, and am starting to scale back the intensity (I never had the volume):

Now cooking and enjoying some vino Wink

http://app.strava.com/activities/46980898