Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 29 times)

Marley and I got in a nice three mile run before it got too sticky.  It felt muggier to me today, but Marley didn't hit the drainage canals so it must not have been too bad.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Got over 12 miles in yesterday while working at the Ironmaster 50K.  Some Mt. Bikers messed with the course and I ran a section backwards while remarking it.  I found a pile of about 40 of our little flags thrown to the side.  Earlier, 3 Mt. Bikers had an argument with a volunteer about having a race on "their trails".  I caught up then on the course and they denied doing anything, but karma prevailed, as an hour later I found 2 of them on the side of the trail after one took a fall and tore up his bike.  I bit my tongue and just smiled as I ran past.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a shade over 8 of hilly miles yesterday at Wildwood park (in Hbg - for PA folk).  It is such a nice peaceful place to run.  More kinds of birds in one place than I have ever seen.  Saw one type I do not know the type or name - was a black bird with a very distinct orange and white strip on each wing.  I also was interested in some art in the park.  I think a local college's art program is having a contest where students made a scene in the park.  Some look very out of place while others used natural resources to make some clever pieces.

AT - that is really too bad about the Mt bikers messing with the course.  I don't understand why runners and bikers and hikers cannot coexist.  One day out of the year there is a race.  And it's not like there are thousands of people.  And I need to read your R2R2R report here today.  Maybe lunch time.  I am looking forward to it.

QOTD: Did you see the earthquake in Nepal and how devastating it was? The base camp at Everest was effected - I heard three people died there as a result of an avalanche.  Crazy stuff.  My heart and prayers are going out to that area.  My sister said the destruction has a lot to do with their buildings being very poorly built.  Essentially they are just cinder blocks piled on top of each other.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening

pic from yesterday's run, Shooting Star's and Balsam Root

qotd: very sad Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

a rest day for me.  strength training at the gym and/or a hike in the woods.

Marley and I got in a nice three mile run before it got too sticky.  It felt muggier to me today, but Marley didn't hit the drainage canals so it must not have been too bad.

TT- Maybe Marley heard Sandy's gator warning yesterday!  Have you seen any?

AT-- I'm a big believer in karma.  and glad to see it working yesterday!

Jamie-- I would guess the black bird/red/white stripes was a red-winged blackbird.

qotd:  Some friends of ours are from Nepal, with close family still living there.  I've been getting most of my news so far thru them on facebook (not usually my news source, BTW).  The WashPost this am put the death toll over 3,000 with many, many people living in desperate conditions and ongoing destruction from strong after-shocks.  I hope that news doesn't get bypassed by the Everest side story.

Daydreamer1

Planning on trying to do a fairly thorough job of cleaning the garage today. Everything but pressure washing the floor.  Any help would be welcome . It almost looks like a disaster zone itself.  After that I'm planning on a 7-8 mile road run. I doubt that I'll have the time to get up on the mountain.

AT -- I think I would have asked them if they dropped some stolen ribbons and they got caught in the front wheel.

Jame - I didn't know there was that many miles of trails in Wildwood, or did you do several loops?

QOTD: I've been watching it but not following it real close. I've always wanted to be able to help out in a disaster zone like that. I did read a lot of comments concerning the climbers on Everest. I have some mixed feelings about how it seems the climbers trash the mountain, yet at the same time they provide valuable income to the guides. While the Everest story might take center stage, it might also bring more publicity overall, therefore increasing the amount of aid that flows to the common people.

DigDug2

6.7 on the road this morning.  First time this year I've run before work - combination of decent temps and earlier sunrise is finally kickstarting my morning running.

QOTD:  sad to watch all of the suffering.

TT- Maybe Marley heard Sandy's gator warning yesterday!  Have you seen any?

I wondered the same thing Smile

We have seen gators in the more general area but none near the trails we are running directly from the house.  DD and DSIL have been here for several years and use the same trails.  They said they hadn't seen any gators there either.  Still I keep my eyes peeled for them when we are out, since I'd hate for Marley to become a gator's breakfast.

There are places we have seen lots of gators within a 20 mile or so radius of home.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am happy to report I survived my sweeping gig on Saturday.  (And decided not to wear the Altras -- thanks for the input!)  The course was beautiful, the company was wonderful, the weather cooperated -- it was a great weekend.  I might run after work today.  I'm planning on running soft this week to keep my foot happy, which means trails and Altras.  Poor me!  Smile

QOTD: Just horrible.  I think the death toll is up to 4000 now.  I've always wanted to visit Nepal.  What an amazing part of the world.  I am very worried about how they are going to rebuild after this.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got up and ran 3 doggy miles.  Jacks new to running and in fact when we got him he walks weird and has a weird stance.  I think he was crated too much especially for his size.  Anyway going to keep him a joggy dog keeping it under 4 miles.  It's not a relaxing run:  picture me tired to two dogs each weigh over 80 pounds...so we did speed work and then we stopped and peed on bushes.  Is that a tempo run?

QOTD:  I have heard much about it which is weird because the TV was on last night.  Like Trail DC said I heard more about the Everest than the 3,000 killed. 

DD1:  I help you clean the garage if you come over and do the windows. 

MTWarden:  Pretty...I love when we go higher up and see spring trying to pock out of winter in July.  Of course we no snow last 3 years I haven't seen it in a while.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Trying to get myself out the door, but with virtually no time between a late lunch and kids coming home on the bus, I think I'll wait and run in the evening.

Warden: nice!

AT: Karma it is! In my area, there's a peaceful coexistence between hikers, MTB's and runners - not always a loving relationship, but at least with respect for each other's passion.

Jamie: I also guess it's a red-winged blackbird.

DD2: You are ahead of me. I am slacking on my early morning runs...

Mandy: Sounds good to me.

Queen: High-intensity interval training? Definitely something that builds strength and speed.

QOTD: I've been following it for the last two days, it's been on the German news pages a lot. I have seen pictures and a video of the avalanche which devastated one of the Everest camps, it was scary even to just watch.

The destruction in the cities and countryside may have to do with poor construction and building, but it was a very strong earthquake, which would have damaged well-built buildings as well.

Last news I read was that some hundred thousand kids are affected by the quake and the destruction as well - very sad.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Hi everyone, a little dizzy again this morning....  grrrrr.  But I went for an easy 5 mi run to "losen up my clogged head". It's strange but I'm able to trudge along. After a shower I felt much better, not dizzy now.

I took Sudifed for 2 days, but didn't take any today.

qotd: really really sad.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL