Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

No thunder yet, I ran about 3 miles in the sunshine, but with dark clouds lurking all around. It was a happy run.

Saw a brown grey squirrel - clearly a "grey squirrel", not a "brown squirrel", but colored brown. Somewhat unusual in our area.

QOTD: Favorite sandwich?

As I have to eat gluten free, it is not easy finding sandwiches anywhere, but they have a great "Autumn Harvest" sandwich at my daughter's workplace. It is smoked ham, apple slices and spinach, can be made on any roll or bread (and they have gluten free bread), with apple butter. The apples blend very well with the other ingredients. A bit on the sweet side, but the smoked ham offsets this just right. I think I'll get one today again.

Have a fun day, trailers!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got some lunges and squats in yesterday morning, 5 miles in yesterday evening- another glorious Indian summer evening- mid 60's; woke up to a little coating of snow this morning

plan on 4-ish this evening, should have time this morning for a round robin of sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups

qotd: I usually opt for a turkey and cheddar on whole wheat- mayo/mustard with greens and tomatoes- at Thanksgiving and Christmas we use turkey, stuffing and cranberries on rolls- they're awfully good; and every once in a great while, I'll get a Reuben- not the healthiest sandwich, but they taste pretty good 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hi all. Ran 3 miles during swim practice last night. Was right at dusk. On the way out, I kept trying to figure if I had enough time to take the trail into the woods, and by my favorite creek. It would have made for a longer (and nicer) run, but in the end, I decided that since I didn't have my headlamp and phone, I would play it safe and stick to the road. Also, no one knew where I was running. Thankfully this road is very quiet and scenic. Saw three, very fat bucks at close up. A reminder that rutting season starts soon and I need to keep a close eye out for deer stampedes (it happens).

qotd: Not a big sandwich eater, but right now, we have smoked ham, havarti,and challah rolls for the kid's lunches and I've been eating my share (with homemade bread and butter pickles). Oh, and reubens really are the best, but for me, need to be consumed as a special treat.

muppy

6.1 early-morning miles, it was  50* and a perfect temperature!

QOTD I Take some corNed beef and fried up like cheesesteak with melted Swiss cheese on it. I put it on a tortilla wrap with coleslaw, thousand Island and those little deep fried pickle chips. It is the best thing ever

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I had a nice walk on the prairie last night at sunset, but it was COLD.  Winter is right around the corner.

QOTD: Mmmmm, sandwiches.  There's not much better than a grilled cheese on sourdough bread with lots of butter and lots of different cheeses.  For a healthier option, I really like whole wheat with avocado, cheese, lettuce, spinach, tomato, onions, and some hot sauce.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

At work. Feels like a TV show around here lately, too much drama for me .

Legs feel pretty good after yesterdays ride home in high gear on the bike.  I think I should get a single speed. Bet that would build some nice quads.

♫ ♪ Runtrail got run over by a reindeer, out on her evening run ♪ ♫

QOTD: Cheesesteak. But not just any cheese steak. By far the best is a Koppy's Cheese steak. They are a convenience store in the area that I work in and they make a real nice cheese steak sandwich with the steak, mozzarella and tomato sauce. Then they wrap it in foil and put it in the heater and let them sit until sold. All the juices draw through and it's just yummylicious.  I can be on a strict diet or could be dying of blocked arteries and that is still what I want. They only make them on Mondays .

Sandy-2

Did 5mi at 5am this morning.  It was nice and cool (50*, but more importantly low humidity, 70%).  My calf felt great to start, but stiffened up after I was finished.  This lingering thing is really bugging me but I know it is just an overuse thing that, since I'm getting so freaking old, it's taking forever for me to recover.

XT, I was really sorry to read your "knee update" from yesterday. I hope things improve soon.

qotd: ham and swiss on rye with mayo, lettuce and tomato.

tbd.

LB2

I may run 4 after work. It really doesn't matter much at this point. Keeping my piriformis stretched and loose is more important. I feel rested and ready, but this new job has kept my mind from going nuts from reduced mileage.

QOTD: I love sandwiches. Does a cheeseburger count as a sandwich? If so, it is a cheeseburger. If not, I think a turkey club sandwich is awesome.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

6 miles 1/2 on trail 1/2 on ;logging road. I did some surges while on the road. My speed is way down.

QOTD:  Mmmm sandwiches.  All good choices so far.   My go-to is, like Mandy's, grilled cheese and fresh tomatoes with tomato soup, but my favorite is, like Warden's, turkey and cranberry sauce (with or without stuffing) and some mayo on toast. I'll forgo thanksgiving dinner just to have a sandwich as leftovers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

My seed is way down.

Tim that's too much personal information to be sharing on a public forum 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am suddenly super hungry....for a sandwich. All great choices.  I did run 4 this morning.

So I am posed with an interesting dilemma at work.  I just heard of a job opening at my company.  It would be a slight step higher but not much higher in my same department.  I currently work regionally but this position would be a state wide position.  It just means bigger projects and some more travel (although I travel some now  but more locally).  I think it would pay a little more which is obviously good.  I like projects.  But I am torn.  I like my current position.  I had been thinking that when I done my doctorate (hopefully in 3-6 months) that I would like to move to a larger more company wide position but just wasn't sure what that could be.  Now there is this...

QOTD: Roast Beef is a fav of mine.  I also really like the turkey sandwich made with Thanksgiving leftovers - turkey, dressing, gravy, whatever...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Tim that's too much personal information to be sharing on a public forum 

SPEED, haha.  The other thing was taken care of a long, long time ago, Snip, snip.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sorry couldn't pass on it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

sorry couldn't pass on it

It was set up too perfectly.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

it was almost like Sue was typing it!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √