Trailer Trash

Golden Brown Thursday.. (Read 25 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5.5 this am with my mutts...our woods are very beautiful.  The oaks are a beautiful golden brown color.  Ran last night with the group..really like night runs.  It's like you didn't even run.   if that makes sense.

QOTD:  I was running with a little rock in my shoe and it hurt some but I only had a mile and a half left in my run so I continued.  So it made me think how far would you run with a rock in your shoe?  I guess my distance would be 2 miles..more if I am in a race.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Nice one yesterday evening. SRD to cut the grass today.

QOTD: 100 miles, maybe 104 if I get lost along the way. I had sand in my shoes almost the whole way last weekend and never stopped to change socks or shoes or empty them out because I never felt a blister forming. But if I have a rock, I will stop and get it out if I feel it.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Heading out for 7+ miles as soon as the rain stops.  Temp in the upper 50s today and this look like it will be the last warm day for awhile.

QOTD:  Depends on how much it's bothering me. I've had some where it seemed to disappear only to reappear a short time later.  For those I'll go until the run is over or I feel like the skin is breaking down.  I hate stopping to take things out of my shoe.

muppy

9.4 miles on the horseshoe Trail yesterday.

QOTD It would depend where it's at and how big. Smaller stones if I can wiggle my foot and get it to a nice spot can stay for the duration.  The larger  stones that are in a bad spot I will usually get after a half mile.

runtraildc

Ran last night with the group..really like night runs.  It's like you didn't even run.   if that makes sense.

Yes!!  Last night's short jaunt around the neighborhood was exactly like that.  For me, I think it's because I tend to run slower because I'm more careful about my footing in the dark.  Thus it is an easier run.    So, yesterday was just a short loop around the neighborhood, and today, I just got out of yoga class.  I'll get in a short jog later-- still babying the ankle and feel no need to push it while the rain is hanging around.

qotd:  maybe 50 feet.  Probably the virgo in me, but I would get rid of it asap.  Don't like sand in my shoes, either, so running 104 miles with it in my shoes sounds like torture.

Hey Sandy-- I saw a story about the mongolian ponies on PBS last night.  The segment focused on a 16 year old boy who was trying to breed racing ponies (and he had his 7 year old cousin as a jockey).  Really interesting and those horses really are something, along with amazing people.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

URD, due to my own incapacity to read my work schedule. Thought I was to start at 1 p.m., so I ate after the kids had gotten onto the school bus - just to check again and realize I was to start at 11 a.m. So there went my run out the window.

Nice weather, thought, temps in the 60's! And sun!

QOTD: I am very lazy and hate to stop just to make adjustments or get pebbles or little pieces of twigs or stuff out of my shoe. I usually just wiggle the pebble into a more convenient spot and keep going. If that's not feasible, I'll stop after about a half or whole mile and do what's inevitable.

Same applies for adjusting microspikes or yaktrax.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's funny how a woman who has a ton of kids, works, and runs 100 milers calls herself lazy!

QOTD: I am very lazy

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

URD again today.

My brother-in-law died yesterday so I went down to DC to go to the funeral home with my sister-in-law.  He had been sick for a while, so not a big surprise but still not easy. He was paralyzed in college when a driver fell asleep at the wheel and crossing into his lane. Amazing the stuff he did, especially since he was technically a quadriplegic (he had only limited use of arms and hands and no use of legs).  He was an accomplished artist and traveled all over the world and even worked with Jacques Cousteau on scuba diving techniques for handicapped.  The years just caught up to him. Anyway, funeral directors suck!  The guy had several canned jokes that were not funny and kept trying to nickle and dime my SIL.  She stuck to her guns and we were able to redirect him to an appropriate, but still amazingly high, dollar amount.

QOTD:  If it's just a run, I'll wiggle it down and ignore. If it's a long race, I'll stop and take care of it once I can pull over.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

5.5 miles Fletcher Park. Foggy morn.

qotd  I have designated dump out shoe stops on runs.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 6-ish mile run in the dark this evening- about 35 degrees, no wind and light snow falling in the headlamp (quite a few deer too!)- very nice 

qotd: I'm pretty bad about not stopping; last spring during the Bob Marshall Open I went about 8 miles with a bothersome rock in my shoe, when we stopped for a break I plucked it out- felt great and wondered why I didn't do that to begin with

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

My run last night was in the darkness up on the single track with a headlamp.  Felt great.  Well except for my right ankle that has taken a few little ‘hits’ lately.  It was sore from a ‘roll’ I did at some point during my 100k and then last weekend while crossing a stream by jumping on some rocks I slipped, ‘clanked’ it on a rock, and got it stuck between two rocks. Now it has a big scab on it, but for some reason the ‘rolled’ soreness is gone. BTW, I ended up doing a slow-motion butt-plant in the stream.  LOL, my butt has two bruises as well.  I can run 100k on mountain trails without falling but wind up on my butt in a stream during a little 7 mile Sunday morning jaunt.

QoN: “Ran last night with the group..really like night runs.  It's like you didn't even run.   if that makes sense”

Makes total sense to me.

runtraildc: “Hey Sandy-- I saw a story about the mongolian ponies on PBS last night.  The segment focused on a 16 year old boy who was trying to breed racing ponies (and he had his 7 year old cousin as a jockey).  Really interesting and those horses really are something, along with amazing people.”

My DD said that the Mongolian kids could out-ride any of the Derby riders. They had a little 10k race and here are two photos, the finish is of the 1st and 2nd kids, they were about 6 or 7 years old, the first place kid – no saddle, no stirrups, no shoes – and they were flying.

AT: Sorry to hear about your BIL, sounds like he lived very well and didn’t let things get in his way.

Qotd:  In long runs I do tend to take care of the little pebbles before they make bigger problems later on, but I have also gone really far trying to wiggle darn pebbles around because I didn’t feel like stopping.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL