Trailer Trash

Wednesday (Read 35 times)

LB2

I got a nice little 2.5 mile loop in before daybreak this morning. I love to run first thing in the morning. It makes my day much better, even if it is a bad day.

QOTD: Pass

LB2

Marley and I took the morning off.  Not sure if we will run later or just go for a hike.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Just got in from 8 trail miles behind the house. Altra sent me a pair of the new Olympus and I've been trying them out over the last 2 days. I'm more of a minimalist guy so this is a big transition for me. I think they're an interesting shoe but I'm still a little uneasy about them. If they can protect my feet and reduce fatigue, it would be worth working them into my regular rotation. Either way, free shoes aren't just gonna sit in the closet.

Sandy-2

Got up very early and did 10 before work today.  I think I was asleep for the first 5 miles.  I'm also going to do a little core training at lunch.

qotd:  I agree with LB2.

tbd.

runtraildc

Heading off to PT shortly.  Just another run on the treadmill and strength training, which I can see is really helping with some imbalances.

qotd:  What do you really like about where you are currently living?  the DC-metro area wasn't the top of my list of places to live when we moved here 10+ years ago, but it has really grown on me.   The best parts are the large number of trails and parks that are easily accessible, including Rock Creek Park.  And, our community is very walkable-- we can walk to any number of grocery stores, liquor stores, restaurants & a hardware store (everything we need, really).

Birdwell

2.5 late last night.

The legs are still pretty sore after Saturday's run (a little case of DOMS, I think).

We'll see how the workday goes and that will dictate how far I go tonight.

QOTD: The proximity to the most amazing outdoor recreation opportunities in the world.

5 minutes of running from my front door puts me on mountains. 20 minutes of driving puts me at Zion National park.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: The Wasatch Front Range is a 3 minute run from my front door. I can connect to hundreds of miles of trails once I get to the end of my street.

Got in 3 miles on the treadmill last night plus some arms & core work. My right leg didn't feel great. I do believe it is worse when I'm sitting at a desk all day and I don't think that is a coincidence. We have a few standing desks at work but of course, they are in high demand now so I rarely get a chance to use one.

Will probably take it easy tonight and do a lot of stretching to work out the right leg soreness before my 1/2 this weekend.

QOTD: I love the community and the restaurants/bars in South Philly, as well as the proximity to my job. However, I am far away (like 30+ mins driving) from most trails in the area and I hate it. I told my fiance that whenever we finally do move to the 'burbs, my ONLY requirement is that we move near a park. There are plenty around here, I just happen to live pretty far from any of them.

jonferg67

Endless trails

It was springtime in New England this morning; snow and wind. I had a good 5 loop

around the hood, tough running into the wind but I'm glad I got out there before it

really started coming down. The commute to work was rough.

QOTD: It's tough to find redeeming qualities of this area, I'm not happy and want to move.

I have access to great trails with a 30 min. drive, that's pretty good.

LB2

QOTD: I live in the woods, down a gravel road. I like that it is quiet, and I don't have people knocking on my freakin' door in the middle of night wanting the mayor to get somebody out of jail or lend them money. And, I have some good trails that I can run, mostly four wheeler trails.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I haven't run in a week.  Lots going on and I am being very over cautious.  Counting down the days until our house goes on the market (less than 10 at this point)

Lace - can you give the Olympus a review after a while?

I am also curious about the new Brooks transcend if anyone has those....reviews would be great.

QOTD: We live in a suburban type area although the closest city isn't that big really.  But lots of housing developments, townhomes, etc.  I like that we have a mountain view (small mountain) and I have many trails within 30 minutes driving - closest at 7 minutes.  I could run from my house to trails - would take about 3 miles of road but I do not usually.  In looking for a new house, I secretly am attracted to the homes that are close to trailheads.  Unfortunately not too many for sale.  DW of course does not care about this.  A home just came on the market that I really love.  Great views, base of the mountain, easy access to trails on the mountain, surrounded by trees and wildlife.  DW doesn't like the home - mainly due to the odd structure (it's an A frame home).  Would be perfect for me....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Lace - can you give the Olympus a review after a while?

I plan to race in them this weekend, so if I don't take them off in disgust and finish the race in my NB 1400's, I'll add a review in my RR.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I've been off of running the last couple days and working on a new project at work.  Today i'll get it in.

QOTD: I live in North Jersey outside of NYC and commute into the city daily for work.  The food I get to eat and have access to is unreal.  I love working construction in NYC because the projects are BIG.  Our apartment is in a nice area where we don't have too many neighbors and the ones we have are nice.

**Ask me about streaking**

Gator eye

Auuggh, I am sick. I hate being sick and am probably the biggest baby in the world when I'm sick. Lucky for me it doesn't' happen often. As of right now, woe is me.

USRD

QOTD: With the never ending cold and snowy weather this year I'm asking myself why I live where I do. If I have to put up with this kind of weather at least I should be living in Alaska and enjoying the wilderness and wild life as a consolation prize. Once again, woe is me.

dpc3

4 with the devil dog under headlamp, hope all you strangers are doing well.