Trailer Trash

Fun friday (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

got in just over 4 miles yesterday on a nearby logging road. Ran out with nephew kiddo and returned with the niece (who got picked up halfway). Picked a few quarts of wild blueberries in between. Then ran up to the fire tower to get in a good climb. Did not bring my camera so sadly don't have pics to share.

qotd: weekend plans? More blueberry picking today, pick up at XC camp tomorrow then drive back to md on Sunday.  Looking forward to sleeping in my own house

LB2

SRD. I got my 7 in yesterday after work, which was awesome. I have really been fortunate to built quite a bit more fitness than I thought over the last few months. I am trying to train smarter and not stack all the crazy miles up too early leading up to this November race. I tend to sort of burnout about a month before the event and taper too soon. I hope I can the timing on this one.

QOTD: I think I will run 4 hours tomorrow morning,early. After that, I believe I am working in the yard. And I'll run an easy 4 or 5 on Sunday before church. I'll drink a few beers in between. A friend of mine wants to go fishing tomorrow, but I don't really want to go. The last time we went he got drunk and went to sleep in the truck. I stayed out and caught a bunch of fish and had to drive him home. When you get too drunk to fish, you are pretty drunk.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  AT run  with DW tomorrow. Weather looks promising. We'll probably get out early enough that I'll be breaking spider webs for a while.

QOTD: I think I will run 4 hours tomorrow morning,early. After that, I believe I am working in the yard. And I'll run an easy 4 or 5 on Sunday before church. I'll drink a few beers in between. 

Beer before church. That's a great idea! 

QOTD:  Starting some construction tomorrow at the house.  Framing up a garage building for usable space. If all goes well, I'll run the electric this weekend as well. I'm the lead framer and electrician. After running, building things is my favorite hobby, so it's not work to me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'm officially going crazy at work.  Since I was out of the office for a week +, I am swamped now that I'm back.  I didn't get to run yesterday because a meeting went long and I didn't get home until late.  I guess I could have run in the evening, but I was conked out by then. I will get a run in after work today.

qotd: I have some more stuff to do around the house, mostly hanging mirrors and pictures since we had the house painted while I was gone.  We have both our DS and DD in town this weekend so we are going to have a big dinner Saturday night, I'm really looking forward to that!!

tbd.

LB2

Beer before church. That's a great idea! 

Hahahaha. No, between my four hour run, yard work, and Sunday morning.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Hahahaha. No, between my four hour run, yard work, and Sunday morning.

Here I though I was doing it wrong since I usually drink after church.  I still might need to try it, if and when I ever get back to church (I'm a non church going Catholic. We're all around).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

A scheduled rest day of sorts but since I have a little time I think I'll head out to a city park on the west side and just do some walking hill repeats. At this park was the last time I ran into Mandy some time ago. Remember her? Maybe she's at the cross-fit games today. 

QOTD--longish run in the morning in the Kettles though I'll take it easy with some walking breaks. Just need time on my feet more than anything. Then I'll be heading to the cabin for a couple days. I have some deck repairs to do there including rebuilding a stairway.  Effin' cedar is a fortune these days. DW is having a bunch of women up while I'm out in the mountains so I have to get things in shape up there.

I head out west again a week from today and it looks like Warden and I are going to be able to connect on what looks to be an awesome adventure run. Looking forward to that.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ the bro'mance continues!   should be fun; it's a route I've wanted to do for some time in Glacier

SRD today- running the Elkhorn 23k tomorrow- God is certainly smiling on me- five plus weeks of 90+ degree weather and tomorrow calling for a high in the low 70's- good thing as I haven't ran a single day in the heat; to be honest if the weather called for more extreme heat I would have seriously considered a DNS

qotd: race Saturday, take it easy Sunday 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran six miles with another couple this morning..and the mutts of course.

QOTD:  50K tomorrow and than chores Sunday.  The DH said I should take the dogs to the river while he is at a car show and I reminded him he wanted me to stain more boards and wash the windows.  umm who has time to go to the river.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Maybe she's at the cross-fit games today. 

Oh man, now THAT'S a nasty rumor I don't want floating around. 

I'm alive.  Not really running.  Definitely not cross-fitting.

Don't get eaten alive by the bugs at Elver!!!!

Running is dumb.

LB2

Here I though I was doing it wrong since I usually drink after church.  I still might need to try it, if and when I ever get back to church (I'm a non church going Catholic. We're all around).

After church is a definite, I am almost always going to drink a beer at some point, especially during football season.

LB2