Trailer Trash

Tornadic Tuesday (Read 27 times)

LB2

No tornadoes today. It is actually nice outside. But, "tornadic" sounded good... I'll hit about 10 this evening at the gym, some up, some down, some flat. I put together some drop bag items last night. My order of Tailwind came in yesterday, so I have have 30 baggies filled about 3/4 of the way full with a white powdery substance. That should be fine unless we get pulled over by the cops in Alabama on Halloween day headed to the race.

QOTD: How many "goal" events/races do you have in a year?

I normally have one or two. Anything that I have paid to enter outside of those events is in preparation for that event and are approached in a much less formal manner. That doesn't mean to say they are not taken seriously. I try to practice for the event that is the most important to me during those events, but I don't get as excited about those.

LB2

Occasional Runner

The pup was boarded while we were in Moab so I took her for a much needed run in the mountains this morning. It's windy and drizzling here, but it was still a great run.

QOTD: Probably about 5 events that I have ambitious goals for, meaning that I expect to get on the podium and maybe one or two that I'll try to win.

Marley and I had a foggy morning run. We did 4 miles of trails in the warmer, but still cool air.

QOTD: Lately none.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

Easy 5.5 on road/rail trail this a.m.  Very dark.

QOTD:  seems like one in the spring, one in the fall for the past couple of years - I race others at race effort, but don't schedule my training around them, taper, etc.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I rolled out of bed early enough to get in 5.5 wit Earl(y).  It was damp and cold but quite enjoyable. Ran into old man Bob who walks the park Tuesdays and Fridays...sweet old guy that I always talked to a don't give a shit about being late for work. 

QOTD: Last year I only had one goal race as I was told running was taking up too much of my life...if I would have known what I know now I would have had more goal races.  This coming year I want to run a 50 miler, run red hot 50K, and there's a 100K that just came to my neck of the woods in the fall so umm...maybe.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Not sure I'll do any running today due to the ankle/achilles. Feels like the side of my leg is bruised. Not sure what's going on as there was never an obvious reason for the pain, it just started.  Planning on a easier workout on the elliptical tonight.

Was planning on a little deer hunting this afternoon but now DD's car is giving major problems so I have to work on that. It appears as if it's the intake manifold gasket so it's not a difficult repair, just time consuming. There are 4 drivers in the family and six vehicles all with 140,000+ miles on them. Two have over 200,000 miles.  Maybe it's time to buy at least one new one.

QOTD:  I guess I should count all three races this year as Goal races. The first I completed but the time was not what I wanted. The second I twisted my ankle and had a DNF. The third I decided not to sign up for at the last minute due to the ankle injury and subsequent lack of training. I had set specific goals for all of them so I'll consider them all goal races.

Next year I will have at least one. I'm hopeing to run Hyner 25k and place high in my age group. A secondary race will be to revisit and finish my DNF.

runtraildc

Hi Trailers!  Got in 4.5 miles during lunch, at a set of trails that I seem to run only a couple of times a year, despite it being relatively close.  Legs were tired still from Sunday's effort.  And I forget how hilly these trails are, and the surface on the horse trail is a large, chipped granite that is washed out in many areas.  Oh, and the leaves are starting to fall and were hiding roots.  It was not an easy run.

DD- you're always fixing someone's car.  Mine needs a new timing belt and a water pump.  When can I drop it off?

qotd:  Not many, maybe 1 or 2.  I'm still thinking about next year- maybe I'll do something different.

moonlightrunner

I don't know if I'll run today. It is getting g harder to get myself out. I am still adjusting to my more time-restricted life. I've gained 6 pounds due to out of control eating. I am trying to make the adjustments to make life manageable. It is in progress. If I do get out it will be 4-10 on the gravel bike path.

Qotd: for 2014 my goal was the 50k. For 2015 I want to do 2 50k races and a 50miler. If my run buddy trains for a 100miler...I may train with her to pace her and maybe do a 100k...but that is only a dim possibility right now

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Moonlight runner

There's a 50 miler in Marquette http://www.marquettetrail50.com/ 08/20/15....I am thinking about that.  Or this..http://fall.superiortrailrace.com/

I think Northern Harrier will let us stay at his shack if we do the superior one...What do you think??.

Qotd: for 2014 my goal was the 50k. For 2015 I want to do 2 50k races and a 50miler. If my run buddy trains for a 100miler...I may train with her to pace her and maybe do a 100k...but that is only a dim possibility right now

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Or this..http://fall.superiortrailrace.com/

^^^  Be there or be square!!   My comeback race, baby!  (Ummmm, just the marathon though.)

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

^^^  Be there or be square!!   My comeback race, baby!  (Ummmm, just the marathon though.)

hmmmm....

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

hmmmm....

Deana and I are gonna run it together.  And I've talked NorthernHarrier into stupider things...right?!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

So I did a little bird hunting late yesterday and then spent another hour looking for deer ticks on my dog and myself. Little bastards are everywhere and have ruined my bird hunting. Many on both dog and I and that was after a heavy spraying up. I also am  on anti-biotics right now for lyme.  Need several hard frosts' in a row I think.

Anyway my service people are done so I'm heading out for 6 easy trail miles. I should be tapering for the big event of Sunday but it really won't matter anyway. Couple last minute things to do here and then the long drive home.

Queen--I have done both those races you listed. No comparison at all. Do Superior. I know you want to go back to Marquette but do another event in the area and skip the Marquette race. IMHO--it sucks. Now certainly some changes have happened since I ran it such as a modest course reroute but I wouldn't want you to travel a long way to be disappointed.   Superior is incredible. As far as staying at my shack---well now that you're soon to be single anytime honey!   LOL!  The Superior races are still 4 hours from my place and Marquette is 2 hours. I will say the Grand Island trail marathon is epic and maybe that would interest you. So sadly my shack is just not really feasible for any of these.

QOTD--None.  Just working on planning my next epic run.

AT-runner

Tim

Late to the party today.  Ran 8 miles in the fog this morning and the leaves did such a nice job of hiding all the rocks, that I took it easy.  The trails are really looking so different with 70% of the leaves down.

QOTD:  Usually 2 per year, and lately I've dropped most of the other races in favor of running adventures and Fat Asses.  Next year it might just be a 24hr in May, and then some fun runs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Queen--I have done both those races you listed. No comparison at all. Do Superior.

And go big.  Do the 100.  XT ran it last year and he described it as  'Easy-peasy'.  I've had the marathon on my wish list for a while now.  Not sure if 2015 will be it, but it's tempting if it might end up to be a trailer trash gathering .