Trailer Trash

Warming Wednesday (Read 37 times)

runtraildc

And sunny!  The Cherry Blossom bloom prediction came out (a big deal here in DC).  A little later than usual, but it was comforting to know that in a month, we'll be seeing blooming trees and it'll be warmer.    Yesterday, I ran a mile on the treadmill.  (progress)   I have PT later this morning, so we'll see what that brings.  The knee feels much better, so I'm optimistic about some spring races.

qotd: anything coming up that you're looking forward to?  (running or otherwise?).  DS and I are volunteering this weekend at a local trail marathon/50k.  Don't yet know our assignment (and they were assessing trail conditions to decide if it was going to happen), but it should be fun.

LB2

I'll get 6 on the trails after work around the house.

QOTD: I am looking forward to my annual break from running for the spring turkey season.

LB2

Occasional Runner

An easy 6 mile road run this morning followed by a strong core workout at the gym. I feel a peak coming on.

QOTD: I'm excited for my FKT attempt this weekend and I'm already looking forward to the Pickled Feet 24 hour race in Idaho. If I stay healthy, I should be tough to beat in that race. Good things up ahead.

Gator eye

No sign of warming here.

I got 7 in this am on the ice and snow covered roads. Took both dogs with me, they both had big grins on their faces when I threw on my running shoes and jacket. I haven't taken them in awhile because of the extreme cold. This morning was a nice warm 7 degree's.

QOTD: The DW and I are taking the train to Chicago for a long weekend this May just to do some site seeing and fine dinning downtown Chicago style. NO KIDS ALLOWED! LOL

Running related I'm looking forward to the Marquette 50 in August, should be a tough one for a flat lander like me. There are a few marathons I plan on doing before them but mostly looking at them like training days.

The pooch and I had a great four mile trail run. The snow still makes the woods beautiful. Spring is not far off though.

QOTD: My Idaho mountain bike dirt road and off road tour is coming up in June-July.  I am really looking forward to riding, trout fishing, and soaking in hot springs.  I may also include some backpacking and peak bagging in the trip since I will already be out there and have the time.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning Trailers!

Did 6 tempo miles last night.  The delicious buffalo ribeye I cooked for dinner was sitting pretty heavy in my gut, but I managed a decent pace anyways.  30 minutes on the bike, 15 mins of kettlebell.

The plan for today is an easy 7 miles, more biking, more kettlebell.

QOTD: I'll be in DC in 2 weeks for the National Walk for Epilepsy, 5th or 6th year participating.  Thats always a good time.

Running-wise...I'm really hoping my work schedule doesn't interfere with my ability to do a local trail 10 miler the first week in April.  If I put in a solid March I feel like I have a shot at winning that race, depending on who shows up of course.  My goal is to beat last years winning time and we'll see where the cards fall (a minute-thirty off the lead last year).

Other-wise...really looking forward to daylight savings and Girl Scout Cookies...both start this weekend.

Also other-wise...the REI payout and the NYC Marathon drawing are this month also

**Ask me about streaking**

Morning! Got in 5 sluggish miles on the TM last night. Man, my legs are still whooped from my 10k PR on Sunday.  I forget how running short and fast is sometimes more painful than slow and long. Tonight I'll do another easy 5-6.

QOTD:  So many things! All the races in my signature line, and hoping to do some more hiking on the AT too. Also, lots of weddings and related parties.  It's gonna be a crazy busy 6 months and the light at the end of the tunnel is my honeymoon in Spain this September Smile

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Went to bed early last night due to being exhausted and not feeling well.  Could have slept a while this morning but kids act as a natural alarm clock.  Nothing for me today running or biking.

runtrailsdc - that must be the Seneca Creek Greenway 50k right?

lace - good luck this weekend (and next)

jamezilla - girl scout cookies? which kind? Got to be thin mints right?

QOTD: I look forward to running on a regular basis again but I am trying really hard to not push it.  So far so good.  But I am feverishly trying to work on my house (mostly painting) and get it ready to put on the market.  We are really looking forward to moving.  We'll see how it goes though --lots of things need to happen for us to get the right house.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning, gang!  Today I will cut my narcotics dose in half and start to ween off.  The neighbor dog is also over for most of the day to play with Bella.  The exciting highlights of my day...

QOTD: I think T&C wins this question with her honeymoon in Spain.    As for me, I am looking forward to being able to walk again!  And possibly buying a new bike. And biking to work again this summer.  And this snow melting...which might take quite a while.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD: I look forward to running on a regular basis again but I am trying really hard to not push it.  So far so good.

You feeling better, Jamie?  Nothing nagging?

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Pain-free run this morning !!!!  Did 6 miles.  Felt so good, it helped that it was in the upper 30's, my favorite temps to run in.  I will also do some light stretching and maybe a few core training things at lunch.

qotd:  Not sure I'm looking forward to it but...  I'll be on business travel to England and Japan over the next two weeks (I do get to run in some cool places though).  Then there are those things listed below.  But the big thing is my DD is graduating from College in May.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Looks like things are looking brighter for alot of us here, good to hear.

Much warmer this morning, I did 6 road miles but legs felt like lead-I had do that

internal coach thing to finish.

Nice trails in Spain, T&C, in between honeymoon activities of course.

QOTD: There's a first annual trail race nearby on Cape Cod, April 6, not sure

if I'll do the half, marathon or just show up and support the race. End of April

is another longer trail race near Boston.

muppy

I got in 6.1 this morning, then went to yoga class to stretch out.

Jamie, seriously thin mint Girl Scout cookies?

Peanut butter, original or I think they even have a chocolate covered peanut butter cookie now!

QOTD My next two things are  helping out a fat ass 50 K in Perry County Pennsylvania, and I'm planning on running the Dirty German 50K.

Planning to go away with the girlfriend for a long weekend here real soon!

Chnaiur

Down with a fever. 4th day with no workouts.

QOTD: What first came to mind was taking the kids to ski in Tahoe this weekend, but Daylight Savings Time will be huge for me. I've really struggled to get good trail time in because Park Management has decided for me that I can't handle dark trails.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Nice trails in Spain, T&C, in between honeymoon activities of course.

Only "hike" we have planned so far is Montserrat. Though that's more like a stairs workout than real trails. I'll be in Mallorca, Grenada, and Barcelona. Any rec's are welcomed!

Montserrat: 

RunMuppy - I'll see you at Dirty German again! I'm doing the 25k this year.