Trailer Trash

Freezing Friday (Read 23 times)

LB2

Ran short on time this morning, so I did an impromptu 1 mile race/time trial on the trail. It was raining and 41 degrees; temperature is steadily dropping with freezing rain, sleet, and/or snow expected by noon. I ran the 1 mile loop in 6:04, not too bad.

QOTD: What is the longest running streak you have ever had?

So far, 38 days with 263 miles. But I am looking to go 365 this year.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Will run long or short today depending on what the footing is like when I get out. Snowed last night with 1.5-2 inches accumulated. Haven't measured so just a guess. Not supposed to get above 30F so it's not melting.

qotd: 151 days and about 1500 miles, but that was back around 1971-1972. Most recent long streak was 34 days and 221 miles a little over 3 years ago.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DigDug2

Will run 8 on the TM this afternoon.

QOTD:  I've never been much of a streaker - if I go more than 10 days straight it's more by accident than planned, and when I'm seriously training I try to make myself take a day off at least every other week.  Looking back over the last few years, I think 23 days / 169 miles is my longest.

AT-runner

Tim

2" of snow here overnight. Next storm will miss us and go south.  Cousin in Raleigh, NC says he could get 8" and that will shut that place down.  Don't know if I'll get a run in today of not. Still under the weather.

Scheduled appointment with ortho next Thursday to look at shoulder. MRI next and see how long I can wait before surgery. 

Long run in the woods for tomorrow. Should still be some snow around, so I'll snap some pics if it looks nice.

Happy weekend, everyone.

QOTD:  I switched to a 5 day running week at age 40 and it's kept me injury free for the most part (falling on shoulder doesn't count).  So maybe 5 days.  Before I was 40, probably 3 months since every year, I used to do a 12 week build up before marathon training started.

Picture of last nights snow around Assateague Island  Lighthouse.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

I became one of "those 1st of the year people" and went to the gym for weight lifting last night. Was the first time there in probably 6 months, I don't have enough time in the summer to get there. Was a SRD and will get out in the snow tonight for a run.

AT, hope your shoulder heals up fast!

QOTD I take 2 days off a week so no streaking. Did have a 6 day week this summer and hit 70 miles for the week.

XtremeTaper

Some light snow overnight. Maybe and inch or so of accumulation. Plan today is a lunchtime trail run out at Coventry Woods, 6 or 7 miles. Tomorrow will be a green lane lake loopie, perhaps the longer version. Cold, but not bitterly so... still shorts weather!

QOTD: Not sure exactly, probably 45-60 days at most. I would not consider a run less than 4 miles as part of a streak, meaning a 1-2 mile run just to keep a streak going is sort of pointless from a training perspective.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Not sure exactly, probably 45-60 days at most. I would not consider a run less than 4 miles as part of a streak, meaning a 1-2 mile run just to keep a streak going is sort of pointless from a training perspective.

You wouldn't want to tell a streaker that, they might not like you.   I think they have to do at least 1 mile.

I have a friend who is over 9 years and she's run at 11:50pm until 12:10am to count it as 2 days.  She's very active on their website and some of the numbers are pretty amazing.

edit - longest US streak is 47 years, longest International streak is 52 years. 

runtraildc

Morning all. Still taking a break from running this week. Yesterday didn't happen, but I don't feel bad about it. Maybe today. But I am continuing my yoga streak, which has me slightly sore in different places.

qotd: 4 months, and just over 400 miles. Unlike XT, I do consider the under 4 miles as part of the streak. Those 1-2 mile runs don't do much physically, but are key to the mental game for me.  And full disclosure, I do find myself tired for the first few weeks of running every day, even low miles. Right now, I'm on a 31 day yoga streak.  My goal is to be able to sit cross legged on the floor somewhat comfortably for longer than a couple of seconds . Yes, really tight hip flexors.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Funny I can rack up lots of miles running on snow and ice without incident, go to check the mail (around the block) slip on ice- feet completely out from under me, hit the ice covered cement so hard it knocked the wind out of me!  hit my head and tailbone, but the brunt of it on my right shoulder- can barely lift my arm. I was able to get 5 miles in on the treadmill, but strength training is going to be a ways out 

qotd: maybe 5 days, I'm a firm believer in rest days (they may be strength training days, but breaks from running nonetheless)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am on day 6 of my streak ...oh wait I haven't run yet today.  I will get in 2 miles tonight.  Yes 2 miles to keep my streak alive.  I have not done well with any running streaks - RA has me at 10 days in 2015.  I have always thrived on rest days. But since I am not doing high mileage right now, I figure a streak will help keep my interest for a bit.  If I can get through winter and the streak is intact, I have a chance.

AT - love the picture.  We already have our reservations for a week in the summer there - this year we are staying more in town than last year.  Hopefully less mosquitoes.  Hope the shoulder heals right for you.  And if you had to get surgery, would you wait until after the 48 hour?

QOTD: see above.  Those streaks are crazy from that website.  Easier to do if you live in southern Cali.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

You wouldn't want to tell a streaker that, they might not like you.   I think they have to do at least 1 mile.

Hahaha

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT - love the picture.  We already have our reservations for a week in the summer there - this year we are staying more in town than last year.  Hopefully less mosquitoes.  Hope the shoulder heals right for you.  And if you had to get surgery, would you wait until after the 48 hour?

Plan was to wait until June, but now I'm having trouble sleeping so, might need to do it earlier.  If I do, I'll walk on TM during recovery until I can run and see how it goes.  Lou M. (Lou-inPA from RWOL) is doing 48 hr, and in past he walked the whole 24 due to hip reconstruction. So I can always keep Lou company if I'm not running by then.

FYI - original injury was from a "Superman fall" on the trails about 2 years ago. Landed with right arm out ahead of me and then rolled over it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was freezing here too so I did not run but did take the dogs for a walk, in the winter jacket and still took awhile to warm up.  We are suppose to get 10 to 12 inches of rain between Sunday and Monday so It better warm up or it's going to be snow!  Need to fit a gym visit in at lunch while also running home and letting Jack out to pee...oh and I need gas.  Hmmm

QOTD: Usually 10 yards from my beach towel to the water.    Oh running?  I don't know...RA has me at 8 days.

runtrailDC:  That is an impressive Yoga streak!

MTwarden:  Hope it's not too serious.  Reminds me when it snows here most times my husband was gone and I never shovel the drive.  So first snow he is here he shovels the drive and I tell him there is no need to it will be gone in a week and he tells me I am lazy. So the next morning it's a skating rink on a hill.  He goes to open the gate for me and falls and sprains his wrist. 

AT:  Nice picture.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Good afternoon from the skating rink of central PA.  Spent the night doing donuts with the ambulance and sliding through stop signs .  Then this morning another person tried the same stunts and hit another vehicle necessitating a trip to the hospital which of course I had to provide for them. That resulted in me getting out late which means some overtime .   Getting ready to go to the gym when I can wake up enough to gather some energy.  Starting to feel a little stronger now that I've been lifting several times a week.

AT - do you have a confirmed rotator cuff tear?

Warden - I did that several years ago except I thought I broke my wrist.  I knew the ice was there and was taking it easy when the feet shot up and out.  If the shoulder doesn't get better pretty quick get it checked out.  It could be a rotator cuff tear.

QOTD: Streaking . No thanks, I'll run with my clothes on. The squirrels and chipmunks will appreciate it .

RA has me with a 8 day streak last year sometime. That may be a all time one for me.  With working 16 and 24 hour shifts it's difficult for me to get much of a streak.  Working 12's I could possibly get a long one started but now it looks like I may be going back to some 24 hour shifts. Even if I could get a long streak going I'm not sure that I would as I think that could take the joy out of running.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Will run long or short today depending on what the footing is like when I get out. Snowed last night with 1.5-2 inches accumulated. Haven't measured so just a guess. Not supposed to get above 30F so it's not melting.

qotd: 151 days and about 1500 miles, but that was back around 1971-1972. Most recent long streak was 34 days and 221 miles a little over 3 years ago.

Pavement was clear and dry so I got in 7 miles today. Best I've felt on a run that long in quite a while.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.