Trailer Trash

Where are you (home/primary running area)? (Read 498 times)

skeene07

Dirty Girl

South Central PA. Just north of MD.

You can find me on most of the trails in between! (Rocky Ridge, Lake Redman, Pinchot, Gunpowder Falls, etc)

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

dpc3

Albuquerque, NM with ABQ open space trails just outside my back door practically that lead up into the Sandia Mnts in the Cibola NF. NM is a state full of public land with an unlimited number of trails to explore. I haven't even scratched the surface.

XtremeTaper

Douglass Township, PA which I hesitate to call a suburb of Philadelphia as we are closer to Reading and Allentown. 

The area I generally run in is referred to locally as the Big Woods.  http://www.hopewellbigwoods.org/

It encompasses French Creek State Park, Hay Creek Watershed, and smaller county/township parks such as Warwick and Monocacy Hill. I can often be found wandering the trails around Green Lane and Blue Marsh reservoirs, not to mention Valley Forge Park and the Perkiomen or Schullykill River trails when I want some soft flat towpath running. Oh, the Horseshoe trail meanders through many of these area and that is a rural footpath through public and private land that connects Valley Forge Park to the Appalachian Trail, a 140+ mile journey.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

nc tam

NW North Carolina.  I am on the Mountains to Sea Trail often as I can run to it from my house (half mile).  I also frequent the carriage paths (gravel roads) at Moses Cone and the trails along the Blue Ridge Parkway between Blowing Rock and Linville, including the Grandfather Mtn trails.  When I have time I like to head over to the NC/TN state line for the Appalachian Trail, south to the Linville Gorge or Mt Mitchell area or north along the Parkway to Doughton Park or even into Virgina.  So many trails, so little time.

NorNev

I run in the Carson City area, during the week, I run around town as work allows me 1/2 hr. to run, but usually end up taking 1 to 1 1/2 hours...shhhh, don't tell anyone and during the weekend weather permitting I try to run up in Lake Tahoe or on some of the trails surrounding our town 

runner1304

I moved to Chicago in August, and am still looking for my home trails. We had great trails in and around metro Atlanta, and into the mountains (Appalachian Trail, Duncan Ridge Trail, Benton Macaye Trail). Chicago and environs has a fantastic forest preserve system, but I've had to come to terms with the meaning of "trail".  In Chicago I put the majority of my weekday miles on a asphalt channel path 2 blocks from my house, and some flat dirt/gravel bridle trails a short 5 minute drive away.  On weekends I will go to Palos Hills, Swallow Cliffs/Sag, Deer Grove, or the DPRT. I supplement all this flat running with one hour power hikes on the treadmill.

I hope to join Mandy on some runs again real soon - heal up my friend!

Runner1304, you should check out Deer Grove.

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to check it out. Do you know if you need a map or are the trails well marked/easy to follow? Are they single track or multi-path? any hills? I have a hard time finding hills to run. I have one locally that's about 80ft high, but that's it. Sad

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

I'm in Arlington VA...spitting distance to DC.

My home trail is the Potomac River Heritage Trail.  It isn't much but I do love it.  I ate getting in my car to go for a run (unless it is a race) and this one isn't that far from my house so I can run there.  I also have easy access to the C&O Towpath and can go for miles and miles...and miles. 

Ultra Cowboy

Southcentral Alaska, about 40mi NE of Anchorage.

Pictures of or from some of my trails.

Matanuska Greenbelt contains the trails I use the most.

AKTrail are you in Wasilla or Palmer? 

I have an Archery Buddy in Talkeetna, and in June your country looks like great ranching and farming country. 

WYBMADIITY

Save

Chnaiur

San Francisco Bay Area - primarily running in the parks on the peninsula hills. 

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Hobby Jogger

I'm in Saratoga Springs, NY, just south of Adirondack Park.  I am new to trail running, so I haven't explored much of the "north country" yet, but I mostly run in Saratoga Spa State Park and for more serious training Moreau Lake State Park  (There is a lot of state park land in NY).

5/4/19 - Twilight Zone 24 Hour

jonferg67

Endless trails

Southcentral Alaska, about 40mi NE of Anchorage.

Pictures of or from some of my trails.

Matanuska Greenbelt contains the trails I use the most.

Great pics, AK. My wife and I were just watching a History Channel show on Alaska last week.

I was saying how much a tough mofo you'd have to be to live in Alaska. 

LB2

I am in Greensburg, LA, about 40 miles northeast of Baton Rouge and 10 miles south of Gillsburg, MS.

Home trails are mostly four-wheeler trails, game trails, cow paths, or single track that we have established ourselves. However, I will drive about an hour to Clear Springs Recreational Area near Bude, Mississippi to run some very nice single track established by the USFS.

LB2

AKTrail are you in Wasilla or Palmer? 

I have an Archery Buddy in Talkeetna, and in June your country looks like great ranching and farming country. 

Palmer. Yea, we've got decent vegetable production here. Not sure how much is in grains. I think most of the cattle graze native grasses in the summer, but the most common grass isn't that great nutritionally. Grass seed production is a decent industry - for landscaping and revegetation / mitigation.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Great pics, AK. My wife and I were just watching a History Channel show on Alaska last week.

I was saying how much a tough mofo you'd have to be to live in Alaska. 

Thanks. Actually, where I live along the road system, it's not that much different than any place else - well, except for the views. We do have indoor plumbing, running water, and electricity. Wink Oh, and our winters do tend to be longish and coldish.

When you get into the real Alaska - off the road and off the power grid and no indoor plumbing - then it's a bit more challenging.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

On On

I live in Northern NJ almost in the middle of the state between PA and NYC right off Rt 80.

I run on all the trails up around here, county parks, state parks, national forest and state wildlife management areas.  Between the races we put on and my hashing I feel like i have run almost every park with in 60 mins of my house.