Trailer Trash

Sore Sundaily (Read 30 times)

Brian Runner

Since I'm awake at this ungodly hour I guess I'll get the ball rolling on Sunday. Tell us about your Sunday training or resting activities. Or if you race yesterday (though I guess you may still be racing) be sure to tell us about that too.

QOTD: pass

Brian Runner

Finished my very first 100k on Saturday at the Pine Creek Challenge ( https://sites.google.com/site/pinecreekchallengepa/ ). My training partner and I planned to run the event (amazingly his first race over 7 miles) together from start to finish. We completed the course in around 12 hours, 35 minutes in 10th place overall. New course records were set in both the 100k and 100 mile races. An hour or so after I finished I got to watch the 100 mile winner cruise in looking fresh at like 16 hours 12 minutes. Got to speak to Connie Gardner for a few seconds at my mile 11, her mile 30ish, as she was blowing past us. She was the previous course record holder at 16:20 something, and I believe the 2nd place finisher today.

Finished the race just before 10:00PM. Its almost 6:00AM. Tried to sleep but my right hip and foot hurt so bad I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. Guess there is always Sunday night.....

The Sore Sundaily topic name fits my situation, but the calf tear must not be too bad as it is improving fairly rapidly.  Hopefully we will be hitting the trail again with only a few days off.  Marley is being pretty patient with me so far.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Put me on the 'sore list', too, but because of a cold and not an injury or a race.  Ended up resting yesterday and will likely rest again today.  It's just a cold, but I just want to get over it and not have it linger for weeks, which is often what happens when I push things.  I rarely get sick and I don't like to slow down.

Brian runner- congratulations on your 100K!  Looking forward to the RR

TT- sorry to hear about your calf, but good to hear it seems to be healing quickly.  I suspect Marley will be wanting to get out there again very soon.

qotd:  I've got nothing this morning.

Birdwell

Good morning folks!

Got in 3 super easy last night.

Congrats on the finish Brian!

TT: hope that heals up pretty quick.

runtraildc: hope the cold passes soon.

QOTD: Any signs of fall in your area yet?

Some of the maple trees around town are starting to show a little color. It's still early, but it's got me excited.

Occasional Runner

Still laying in bed and have no big plans to do much else today. I feel really good this morning despite what I asked my body to do yesterday. I'm looking forward to a quick recovery.

QOTD: It's fall above 9000' here. I think we're going to have a beautiful fall season.

Occasional Runner

Brian- Congratulations on your race! That's a solid effort and a great top 10 finish. Well done, Sir!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Congrats, Brian!!  Hope you get some sleep soon.

Sore is indeed the word of the day.  I ran 6.4 trail miles yesterday and while my hip feels good, the rest of my legs are saying WTF.

QOTD: Yes, we're starting to get there.    The light is the biggest indicator of changes coming.  I love fall, but I seriously dread winter.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Laying in bed avoiding the world...will run something later but not long..7 to 10 ish

Qotd: not really

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

No soreness for me today. I got a BOSU balance trainer and used it this past week. While it didn't feel like I was working that hard on it, I ended up with sore quads and abs.

I'm going to spend the afternoon with a bunch of dead folks . My mother wants to stop by my Grandparent's grave, so I'll go along and discuss some of my family heritage. It's actually something I somewhat enjoy doing on occasion. After that I'll get in a 7-8 mile run, then another session with the BOSU.

Congrats to Brian and Lace on finishing your races, and to Mandy for being able to get in a good trail run.

QOTD: The corn and soybeans are starting to die down and turn colors. It's actually a little later then normal this year. The spring was wet so the farmers planted later.

moonlightrunner

I spent yesterday at Woodstock, volunteered over night on Friday at the aid station, cheered my run buddy on for her first 50 miler. It was fun, they had great music and bands (60's theme..so they played my kind of music). It was fun and I have a great respect for what it took to put it on. They had races of every length from 5k to 100miles. I can't believe the effort and organization it took just to run the single aid station I worked at...it was fun..but I was sad not to be racing.

I plan to run later. I find know what to do. I want to run a 50k on Sept 20. My milage has been crap for 3 weeks. Can someone suggest what I should run coming up? My week day runs can range up to 15 then long on the weekends.  Do you think I will be OK to do this despite the last 3 weeks? I don't have much time.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just got off work, it was even crazier than yesterday. Still fun, though.

Planning on a few miles in the wonderful weather. My knees are completely healed up, so I dare to scratch my name off the disabled list. Yay!!

Brian: Congrats, great race and great placing!

TT: Sorry to hear about your calf, I hope it will heal up soon again. My running buddy had a similar injury recently, and I was surprised at how quickly it healed all up.

Traildc: Get well soon again, and enjoy the rest meanwhile!

Bird: Sounds good enough for a Sunday - oh wait, that was Saturday. Slacker! 

Lace: Congratulations, can't wait for the RR!

Mandy: A soreness well earned!

Queen: Seems short enough to me!

DD1: At least your legs are not dead... enjoy the afternoon!

Moonlight: Thank you for volunteering. It must have been tough not being able to run, but I'm sure your help was very much appreciated!

QOTD: To my dismay, there are leaves on the ground now!  And pumpkins in front of the  store. I guess Ican't deny it any longer, fall has arrived. Later than usual, though.

Enjoy the Sunday, trailers!

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

http://runvasa.com

Want to sign up for the 25k?

I spent yesterday at Woodstock, volunteered over night on Friday at the aid station, cheered my run buddy on for her first 50 miler. It was fun, they had great music and bands (60's theme..so they played my kind of music). It was fun and I have a great respect for what it took to put it on. They had races of every length from 5k to 100miles. I can't believe the effort and organization it took just to run the single aid station I worked at...it was fun..but I was sad not to be racing.

I plan to run later. I find know what to do. I want to run a 50k on Sept 20. My milage has been crap for 3 weeks. Can someone suggest what I should run coming up? My week day runs can range up to 15 then long on the weekends.  Do you think I will be OK to do this despite the last 3 weeks? I don't have much time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Brian Runner

Thanks everybody. If you enjoy testing yourself on flat terrain Pine Creek Challenge is highly recommended. Low key, and yet very well managed. The 100 mile starts 3 hours before the 100k, but they both have the same noon sunday cutoff, which is a huge 27 hours to finish the 100k if you should need it. Saw number of folks in their 70's out challenging themselves, and able to continue doing it because of the generous time allotment. But its also a great place for quicker runners to really test themselves and lay down a PR.

Watoni

Still laying in bed and have no big plans to do much else today. I feel really good this morning despite what I asked my body to do yesterday. I'm looking forward to a quick recovery.

QOTD: It's fall above 9000' here. I think we're going to have a beautiful fall season.

Congrats on Wasatch, Lace! And Brian on the top 10!

Trying to just get some rest this weekend, not start the week behind on work and get some exercise. I ran some tough (for me) hills yesterday, might get a hill climb on the bike and on the trail if I can get my stuff done.

QOTD: Sort of, to the extent we have fall Smile