Trailer Trash

Saturdaily (Read 30 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Heading out soon for a few miles with the pointer.

Qotd: what non running plans do you have for this wonderful weekend? I plan on doing lots of laundry. This working 5 days a week has put me behind. I miss the 3 12 hour days!

Good luck to racers today and happy trails to all.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Chnaiur

SRD

QOTD: Taking the kids to swimming class. I'm amazed at how fast they learn on 30 minutes per week. When I tried to learn freestyle swimming at 38 I worked for hours with no progress. Also looking at kitchen cabinets... not my favorite activity.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was going to run this am but got way laid...heading to a car show to hang out with the hubby today.

See above qotd:  also lunch, maybe movie, laundry and a little house cleaning.  Cold rainy weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

14 wet and windy mountain miles this morning. The trails were almost empty because I guess a lot of the local runners are a bunch of pussies. Their loss. I had a great time.

Sue- I thought you were saying you missed your run because you got laid instead. Which, of course, is a totally acceptable reason.

QOTD: Not really. We might meet up with some friends tonight for some drinks, but they're running friends, so it's still sort of running related.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No running for me this weekend, trying to let my ankles rest a bit. I've got a wedding to go to this evening, other than that I've got some house cleaning to do today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Sandy-2

21 miles on the Nasty Ass Trail this morning.  (That's my name for the trail.... some people call it the 7 Hills Trail.)  It is nasty because it's not really a trail, just a collection of power lines, unfinished cuts thru the woods, jeep roads.  Plus no one maintains it so the footing is crazy, it has ruts, holes, mounds, huge crappy "mulch" from when they buzzed the trees and ground them up, and on top of all this there are some parts that have high grass so you can't see what you are landing on.  In the early morning your feet get wet from the dew on the grass.  I won't even go into the snakes that could be in the high grass (today we saw a 5 foot rat snake).  The only redeeming thing about the Nasty Ass Trail is that it has pretty constant rolling hills, something we don't have around here.  So if you want to do hills around here - the Nasty Ass Trail it is.

With all this "wonderfulness" the thing is only 4.5 miles, total out-n-back.  So today we did four repeats of that Nasty thing.  We also run about 1.5 miles at the beginning and end of the run to get to/from the trail from/to the car.  Oh yeah, today it was 70* at 6am when we started and about 78* when we finished, and it was 100% humidity.

It takes a bit of mental fortitude to stay on those Nasty repeats rather than go on the really nice trails in the other parts of the park.  But we got it done.

Bighorn looms.

qotd:  Big news !!!!  I'm getting my hair cut later today.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

It's about time, Sandy, you hippie! I thought our so-called trails were gnarly around here but

the Nasty Ass wins. When I lived in the bay area there was a trail named 7 Hills Trail in Castro

Valley, every time I ran it I chuckled to myself; "you know what you're getting into with a trail name

like that."

I did 10 miles on nice hilly singletrack this morning; first double-digit run in 4 weeks, and after

4 days straight of running-I'll take it. I'm taking it slow as I get back up to regular mileage.

QOTD: No major plans, got the oil changed in both Honda's today. My DW and I have been playing

with the idea of moving west, I'm voting for AZ.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: No major plans, got the oil changed in both Honda's today. My DW and I have been playing

with the idea of moving west, I'm voting for AZ.

AZ is nice. We really enjoyed living there and there's a strong running community if you know where to look. Good luck.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lace ..getting laid would have been more fun then being at the show...maybe going to the show will help me get laid toNight!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Lace ..getting laid would have been more fun then being at the show...maybe going to the show will help me get laid toNight!

Good luck! I know we're all rooting for you!

dpc3

6 with the devil dog before the wind set in, they are talking about gusts up to 75 mph potentially.

QOTD: end of the year soccer party, furniture shopping, cleaning the house, drink beer, and thinking about taking kids climbing again tomorrow.

Birdwell

5ish with the dog in a nice snow/rain/wind combo. 75 yesterday, snowing today. Can't beat it.

Jon- where abouts in AZ? We moved out the the Phoenix Metro (East Valley) area about 5 years ago. Wasn't a runner then, but wish I would have been. My wife is trying to commit me to a 5 year plan that takes us back to AZ, but to one of the central or northern mountain areas (Prescott, Payson or Flagstaff)

QOTD: baby stuff. changing diapers, cleaning up poop, washing poop covered onesies, all the fun newborn stuff.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3 miles walking on the treadmill- my longest w/ the stress fracture, even managed to jog a tenth or two!; heel is a little sore right now- icing it and taking some vitamin i

hope to hit the hills tomorrow for a 3-ish mile hike, we'll see

qotd: getting the garage organized in our new house, found some really big, heavy duty metal shelving units (2000 lbs capacity ) at Costco, picked up three of them and got them up, bought some Gladiator GearWall bits to hang up the bikes, skis, snowshoes, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

20.2 miles on the River Trail at Valley Forge (flat, crushed stone) and a two hour nap my body insisted I take this afternoon.

QOTD: Maybe just an easy walk in the park tomorrow before work.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jon- where abouts in AZ? We moved out the the Phoenix Metro (East Valley) area about 5 years ago. Wasn't a runner then, but wish I would have been. My wife is trying to commit me to a 5 year plan that takes us back to AZ, but to one of the central or northern mountain areas (Prescott, Payson or Flagstaff)

We're still about a year out from a move, so it won't happen soon. We've only driven through; GC and Flagstaff, so we're planning a trip this fall to check out Phoenix and surrounding areas. It'll be a big move for us, but I'm ready to get the hell out of the northeast-it's not where I want to spend the second half of my life.

Wc: nice miles! That's my favorite way to spend a Saturday; early LR, shower, eat and nap.