Trailer Trash

Short week Tuesday (Read 21 times)

runtraildc

Have to keep reminding myself that it's already Tuesday. Bailed from my usual mileage with my tuesday running friend. Stomach doesn't feel so great so I might just head to the gym and stick to the treadmill.  If better by late afternoon, then I might just sneak onto the trails while the kiddo is swimming. It doesn't get dark until after 5 pm now, giving me more time (I don't run these trails at dark).

qotd: What is one of your favorite comfort foods? Mine is pho and I'm making some today, which is an all day affair. Considering the stomach issues, that bowl for dinner sounds especially delicious. I mostly make it myself, but DH usually comes in at the end and fine tunes the seasoning. We have a number of vietnamese recipes that we 'cook' together that way.

GC100k

Have to keep reminding myself that it's already Tuesday. Bailed from my usual mileage with my tuesday running friend. Stomach doesn't feel so great so I might just head to the gym and stick to the treadmill.  If better by late afternoon, then I might just sneak onto the trails while the kiddo is swimming. It doesn't get dark until after 5 pm now, giving me more time (I don't run these trails at dark).

qotd: What is one of your favorite comfort foods? Mine is pho and I'm making some today, which is an all day affair. Considering the stomach issues, that bowl for dinner sounds especially delicious. I mostly make it myself, but DH usually comes in at the end and fine tunes the seasoning. We have a number of vietnamese recipes that we 'cook' together that way.

Snowing this morning. Booked up all day so did 5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

I don't know if it's "comfort food", but we eat a lot of chili and curry. Everyone in the big eating family of 6 likes those and it's easy to make massive quantities. Foods with individualized portions don't really work.

I love Vietnamese foods. I taught at a university in Hanoi for a summer. Everyone there is skinny but I gained weight. Awesome food and awesome hospitality. Bun cha is a popular street dish in Hanoi and by my last week there I was having it at least once a day. At home we have some of the spices and fish sauce for Vietnamese food, but we don't make it too often. One time in the cafeteria at work they had Pho-rritos, which were as awesome as they sound.

Daydreamer1

Foot is feeling better. Did a lot of stretching and massage on it last night as well as taking some Meloxicam. I think it might come from some tendonitis after a very minor roll I had last week.  Ended up not walking yesterday as I spent a good bit of time outside anyway. I'll probably set up the bike trainer tonight and just spin for my cardio. Looking forward to a good lifting session as well.

Runtrail - A lot of stomach crap going around.

QOTD:  My ulitimate is Chocolate.  If I'm looking for something more substantial I'd have to go with something like chili or taco soup.  When DW starts making it I often sneak in to apply the finishing touches as  soon as she leaves the kitchen.

Uh, honest dear, I have no Idea how it got so spicy Giggling animated emoticon.  She tends to cook bland while I like to experiment with spices.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Short week is good. I think.  No run yet for me.  It's snowing and will be snowing all day.  I may get out tonight down by the creek side trail for a nice night/snow run.  They are always fun.

QOTD: Ice Cream.  I just love ice cream.  Not sure it does me any good other than I am in a happy place when I eat it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I didn’t plan on hitting the trails yesterday, but with the day off, sun shining and temps in the upper 20’d- Tiny Elvis and I got 4.5 miles in.

I may give TE a srd today and get a 5-ish mile run in, either way will be on the trails today

qotd: comfort food as in what’s nice on a cold day- a good chili (with elk preferably) topped with cheese, cilantro and a dollop of sour cream is tough to beat

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Went out for another 6 this morning, this cold weather is getting old fast. I would like to start stretching out for longer miles but its just to dang cold.

QOTD: food, any kind just as long as there is a large amount. And of course chocolate and beer always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD..did walk the dogs before heading to work. Gym at lunch or at least boot camp after work..   Very short week for me runtrail.  Taking Weds off to go to the city and fine tune retirement details. 

QOTD:  When I lived in So Cal there was a Mexican take out by our house and their Taco's could cure any hangover.  Man I miss that place.   Comfort food to me are one dish things, usually with a lot of cheese.  Like lasagna or cheesie chicken.  Pizza...Wine..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Four miles for me and the Lady today on the local Sprogels Run trail. Pretty nice weather for winter. Low 30's with no wind. Run felt pretty decent but the Lady was stopping to smell the roses, er I mean decayed leaves and gunk, too often.

QOTD: Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Especially in the fall/winter.

Runtrail - I've noticed light sticking around well past 5 now. Happy dance!

Queenie - I used to live in West LA. Tito's Tacos was my go to place. So good. Especially their salsa.

DD - Sorry about the FUPF. Glad it's feeling better. That Meloxicam, geez it kills the pain. I had a script for my knee issues and took it for a week. I had a crazy good runs while using it. Made me feel fidgety though. Probably raised my BP a bit.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  I'm actually not planning on running until next weekend, and even that will be easy and low mileage.  I need 1 or 2 cutback weeks.  That's the plan anyway.....

An hour after getting to work this morning, we got the word that the office was closing due to freezing rain and plunging temps today.  Currently freezing rain and 27 deg, and supposed to go down to 18 deg tonight. No word as to why they waited so long to make that decision...  so now I'm working from home today.  Rooftops, back deck, and driveway are all white and icy - looks strange among the tropical plants.

qotd: Pizza.  But on a cold day like today, any kind of hot soup is great I think there's currently lentil soup on the stove. Working at home is good!!!

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Taking Weds off to go to the city and fine tune retirement details. 

Sue- when are you thinking about pulling the pin?  If it’s before me I’m going to be very jealous. I so want to be “the Dude” from the Big Labowski! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Sue- when are you thinking about pulling the pin?  If it’s before me I’m going to be very jealous. I so want to be “the Dude” from the Big Labowski! 

“Shut the fuck up, Donny. You’re out of your element.”  - one of my most repeated movie lines. 

Short run with light snow. Nothing eventful happened. If I run an easy pace (9-10 min/mile), no knee pain at all. If I pick up the pace (sub 8 min. miles) knee acts up.

QOTD: A good juicy burger with fries and a pint of Smithwicks.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

03/31/17...my husband has a Dr apt at the end of March.  If he needs surgery on his nose again I may stay through April so there is no change in our insurance.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

and envious of your travels. Grandma wants to take her grandsons (our kiddos) to Vietnam so this might be a trip for us in the next year or two. In the meantime, we watch videos of street food and other VN adventures.

I love Vietnamese foods. I taught at a university in Hanoi for a summer. Everyone there is skinny but I gained weight. Awesome food and awesome hospitality. Bun cha is a popular street dish in Hanoi and by my last week there I was having it at least once a day. At home we have some of the spices and fish sauce for Vietnamese food, but we don't make it too often. One time in the cafeteria at work they had Pho-rritos, which were as awesome as they sound.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

“Shut the fuck up, Donny. You’re out of your element.”  - one of my most repeated movie lines. 

the Big Labowski definitely goes down as one of my all time favorite

“That rug really tied the room together.”

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

the Big Labowski definitely goes down as one of my all time favorite

“That rug really tied the room together.”

“Obviously you’re not a golfer.”

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!