Trailer Trash

Weekender!! (Read 19 times)

LB2

10 miles this morning. That is my long run now. It was nice and pretty easy the first 8. It is still pretty hot down here, but it wasn't too bad on the run. It took 1:42 to run it, so a little slower than 10 minutes per mile. I can live with that.

QOTD: What is the most annoying question you get about running from people who don't run?

Lately, the most annoying question is "Do you have bad knees because of all that running?" Mostly, that is asked by people who don't run but have bad knees. I just say, "No, I don't have bad knees."

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I ran 4 easy miles on the trails.  Steamy out there and I was soaked after just a few miles. Did not feel the best today, and I had night sweats last night for the first time in a few week. Argh! Plan on laying low today and skipping the yard work, so hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.  Weather looks like 70* and fog at the start, warming and up to 85* as day goes on with high humidity all day.

QOTD:  One I get a lot is "do you still run?".  It's usually said in a negative tone like "I can't believe you still run", much the same way as you ask someone if they still smoked.  It's usually form people who don't exercise and think I waste a lot of time running.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Happy Saturday, folks. Got in 3 miles this morning with the group. I was with my 'recovery' friends (three coming back from an injury or low miles). But at the halfway point, me and one other picked up the pace so it was a good tempo finish. Might get in a few more miles this afternoon between events at the swim meet. I'll go prepared to run. I'll see if if happens.

qotd: I don't get comments really. I think everyone I know, knows I'm running and will do so until I'm in a wheelchair or a coffin.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Chores and now geading out to get the boys nails done and then a 5 ish mile run.

Qotd:  I wish I liked to run like you do.  Not a question but implying it’s easy for me.

AT:  I get nights sweats too, maybe it’s not the lymne but menopause?  Might want a see a doctor. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 3 mi this morning. Very easy with a walking break too.  Really humid and warm.

Watched the Texas - Oklahoma game, got “exciting” at the end.  Right LB2?

qotd: Not really annoying, but I do get “the knee question” a lot.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Chores and now geading out to get the boys nails done and then a 5 ish mile run.

Qotd:  I wish I liked to run like you do.  Not a question but implying it’s easy for me.

AT:  I get nights sweats too, maybe it’s not the lymne but menopause?  Might want a see a doctor. 

Yep, that’s what Jess said.

Sandy - wild game. Almost turned to another one so glad I stuck it out for that finish. Looks like Dicker is the popular Freshman on campus.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Granddaughter is now married. Houston is hot. Ran 3.4 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Watched the Texas - Oklahoma game, got “exciting” at the end.  Right LB2?

I should have known when I said, "It's over." Something crazy would happen. I tried it again later with the LSU/Florida game. It didn't work out the same way.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

Go Gators!  LOL.  Boss is a TX fan so he should be in a great mood on Tues.  We're off Mon for Columbus Day.

I get night sweats from my thyroid and menopause.  Got my 20 done yesterday and have 10 scheduled today.  That would give me my first ever 50 mile week.  Then I'm going to taper for PH.

AT-runner

Tim

Hot and humid at the Blues Cruise. Starter conservative and was running with my friend Mark. Was actually feeling pretty good despite the weather and then, BAM. A woman in front of me grabbed her leg and screamed, and then I felt it. Sharp pain in my ankle. WTF, we got stung by bees. Hurt like hell. Then I could feel my ankle swelling  Felt like I had on 5 pairs of socks  Gradually , I started slowing down. My HR spiked and wouldn't drop. Next Jamie passed and I couldn't keep up. Then Jess passed, and I couldn't keep up. HR was over 190 and I couldn't get it below 150, even walking some downhills. Made it 17 miles and looked at my ankle and I had 4 stings plus one on my stomach. After a short wait, when HR wasnt dropping  I DNF'd.

Waited almost an hour at AS and HR still above 120, so I went off to medical and a benadryl and fluids. Now at finish area waiting for the Crew and HR finally below 100. Dozens were stung but only the lucky few (5 of us) had multiple stings.

Don't know when the last time I was stung, but do know I've never had more that 2 stings at a time before. Last thing I thought would happen today. Argh.

Sandy-2

3 more easy miles this morning.  Nothing hurts including the shin, but my legs are very tired. Freaking hot and humid this morning.

AT sorry about the bees. A few people at my race were stung by bees or wasps last weekend. Including Killian getting stung at UTMB you’re in good company. Maybe bees are fighting back due to their dwindling numbers.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

Ran about 5...well ran and walked. I have an exposed nerve in one tooth, and periodically my HR sent electric shocks...so I would walk until it calmed down . Tuesday I get it fixed.

AT: that really sucks about your bee stings! Bitches! Rest well today!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Window cleaning 

AT:  I was stung once on my 100....other than soreness no reaction.   One person in the race got stung 18 times!!!   Hope you gad fun still cheering Jess and Jamie.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

GC100k

Congrats.

My brother lived in south-central Texas and just moved to Houson. He was sending me screenshots of the local weather this pas summer. One day it was 116 degrees. The next day it was 107... and raining.

Sandy-2

Missed this unti GC mentioned it.  Congrats!!!

tbd.