Trailer Trash

time traveling Tuesday (Read 28 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Ended up only getting a short run in at dusk last night, hill repeats for today.  Weather is just about perfect and the leaves are starting to show colors so it'll be a good day in the woods.

qotd:  If you could go back to anytime and place, where would you go?    My great-grandfather, his brothers and mother emigrated from Norway and settled in a remote area of the north shore of Lake Superior about 130 years ago.  They built a log cabin (still standing) and fished for a living before moving south to Duluth and becoming carpenters.  I'd like to go visit them while they were building that cabin.   That, or go to the Galapagos Islands with Charles Darwin.

runtraildc

And LB-- you were asking about the Black Hills.  We've visited many times, but with family so my trail running has been limited.  It's an amazing area- with lots of trails to explore and I'd highly recommend the area.  Yes, there are big tourist spots, but it's easy to avoid them. We passed thru this summer and explored a little around Devil's Tower-- a north section of the National Forest.  This was my morning run.

LB2

I'll run 4 or 5 after work and before my town meeting. I should end up with 80 to 90 miles this week if everything goes as planned.

I like that area DC. I have some friends who have gone out there and hunting within viewing distance of Devil's Tower.  That trail looks nice.

QOTD: I'd go back to several places. I guess I would start with the late 1600's or early 1700's before vast acres of timber were leveled for progress. I'd like to hang out with the indigenous people from my area and see what it was like here back then.

LB2

NHLA

8 miles 1 hr 3 min  mostly downhill.

qotd   1973  when I started at Southern Miss and met my wife to be. The 60s got to MS in 73. Can you have too much fun?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Day off from work, that's nice. Still no run so far, lots of errands. I hope to get a run in in the afternoon before the kids come home from school.

QOTD: 1600's to live with Native Americans before the White Man came in and destroyed everything.

Then to the 70's, when I was a teenager, traveling with my sister and my parents through the American Southwest, visiting the many National Parks there, for a few months. I loved the summer heat and nice weather, something that did not exist in Austria at that time (before the climate change in Europe made Austrian weather much, much better).

Run for fun.

Gator eye

8 miles but no where near as fast as ^

QOTD. i wouldn't mind reliving the 80'a and 90's again

moonlightrunner

I am hoping for a run today with the kids in the stroller after work. 5 to 6 miles. I will have to wait and see if the weather is acceptable. While I have no problem runni,g in the rain...I do,t think it would be a good idea for the toddlers

Qotd: well...it would have to be a trip to the past and an alternate universe. I would go back to the time When I decided to get married...and live it over without husband and kids. Just so I could have seen what might have been.

A more standard answer would be Michigan with only indigenous people...maybe back to the very first indigenous people.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well I planned on running my ass off this weekend but did not.  So Jamie is probably looking good.  Got up late this morning as I set my clock think it was the alarm and didn't wake up early enough for more than 3 miles with those two ass holes I call mutts.  Some mornings they drive me more crazy than other mornings.  Stopping to sniff...one going one stopping.  He peed there, now I need to pee there!    I three mile run shouldn't take that long!!

QOTD:  1980...I'd like to be 18 again and begin my life over knowing what I know today.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

The weather is damp and grey, and so is my mood . Should have slept a couple of more hours after work.  Hoping to get in 6-7 miles but it's going to be real slow.

QOTD: So many time periods in history that would be nice to visit.  If it was going to an entirely different era I'd pick the mid to late 1800s when the west was being settled.  Of all the eras that I've studied that one has the most allure, although the 1600s when the east was first being settled would be a close second.   Lately I've been wondering how my early decisions have impacted my life. I don't really have regrets but sometimes it would be nice to have a do over.  So maybe I could go back to the early 80s and join the military. That would have meant the ex girlfriend wouldn't have ended up in my life , but then the same might be the case for DW and current family .

AT-runner

Tim

Very typical autumn run today. Mix of clouds and sun and breezy conditions. Leaves were flying all around me and the creek crossings  were all high due to recent rain. I stopped a few times just to take in the sights and sounds.  John M would have been proud of me. Nice day in the woods.

QOTD:  I'd go back to around 50 BC to tour the Ancient Library of Alexandria. The nerd in me wonders what incredible information was lost in the fires that destroyed the library.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

7 on the home trails both yesterday and today... still creaky, but with judicious rest I might just make it to my next start line in one piece

qotd: So many possibilities.. AT, I also am curious about Alexandria. QoN and moonlight, I could easily be tempted down that road. In the end, I think I'm gonna have to go with the last days of the Cretaceous period

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained this morning; heading out for hill repeats now

qotd: I've always been intrigued with the mountain men- early 1800's; just not with Colter- don't want to run naked for 250 miles in the Fall!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Taking an URD today, but I'll make it up a little later in the week.  Taking a trip up to the big city (Seoul) tomorrow so I'll do a little running up that way.

qotd: I have a few personal things that I'd like to go revisit......    but then again being in North America before Columbus would be cool too.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL