Trailer Trash

first Fall Sundaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my favorite season to be sure!  we're looking at some wonderful weather- highs in the low 70's, low's in the low 40's- perfect

got a wonderful run/hike in yesterday in the Elkhorns- about 18 miles and bagged two peaks- Elkhorn and Crow, saw a monster bull elk in full rut a couple of hundred yards below the trail- completely oblivious to us, replete with some thundering bugling!  I gave some thought into throwing in my little .22 revolver as grouse season is in full swing, I didn't and am now kicking myself as we bumped into 20-25 blue grouse along the route   next time for sure

there is about a 5 mile stretch of no trail hitting both peaks, very technical (and steep) slab rock to negotiate

Crow Peak, looking back towards Elkhorn where we came from

made it back in time to watch the Grizzlies handle Northern Arizona for the their first conference game- great day all around

going to get in a nice easy run sometime today- 5-ish miles

qotd: football team you root for, college and/or pro?  I watch very little pro football, but am a rabid Grizzly fan- my alma mater

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Got in a 6 mile run late last evening. Got about 3 miles into it and my stomach started feeling like crap. Walked quite a bit. Today is a 24 hour shift so no running.

Warden - I'm jealous of your ability to get out in the mountains and the mountains that you have.

QOTD: For college it's any team that's playing Penn State. I hate Penn State football!!!  On the pro side of things I just mostly watch the game in general and follow certain stories and certain players.  At this point in the season I'm not really rooting for a certain team to go all the way.

some call me Tim

warden, that sounds great!

I may yog today.. been taking it easy ever since I got this sinking feeling about a barely-there pain. Normally I'm not so jumpy, but this happened to be pressure on the hamstring causing pain in another area in the quad and seems consistent with the very beginnings of a stress fracture. It's far from certain but I'm superstitious about those rare sinking feelings and backing way off when they come has yet to steer me wrong. I did run on it a very little yesterday with no discomfort - the first quarter of an aborted beer mile where the beer sat out for awhile and was warm and foamy. I got the first one in, but after burping suds the entire way around the track like a damn bubble machine, I bailed in the middle of the second foamy beer. I'll have to revisit that one.

Happy fall, everybody. My eldest and I will be cobbling scrap lumber together into a makeshift cider press this afternoon... always fun and productive, but it never lasts more than a season.

qotd: my liking for the game is limited to pickup football :/

runtraildc

5 road miles this morning.  Forgive me, but it was held at the dogfish brewery so it was worth it.  Little DS ran his first 5 miler and killed it.  Best mom by 3 minutes.  Older DS broke 40 min.  It was a fun morning.

qotd- not a football fan.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

After an unexpected full day at work (I thought I'd get off at noon, but no  , I am waiting for the lunar eclipse, so that DS and I can go for our bike&run down the mountain.

I'm in darg's corner, with bronchitis waiting for its chance to raise an attack, while I'm trying to keep it at bay.

warden: Looks like fun with these rocks. But 5 miles of them seems a bit long-ish.

darg: yog sounds like yoga on the run. Ommm... Hope your bones will stay strong.

traildc: Nice race for (almost) the whole family! Speedy fast, as your usual self.

QOTD: As a harmless, insignificant and childish act of civil disobedience (my employer wants us to wear Penn State football shirts if possible instead of our usual uniform shirts on game days), I do as DD1 does, always rooting for the team that plays agains Penn State. I wear my usual uniform shirt, and my hair ties are always in the colors of the OTHER team. Even if that means I have to look up what colors the other team owns, as I'm not into football at all. But dare you tell me what team to root for! 

Run for fun.

LB2

I hiked a couple of miles this morning, and I am about to go out an run 4 or 5 in a few minutes.

QOTD: I like college football, and I pretty much like everyone. One thing I don't like about college football is the spineless nature that coaches handle players these days. I think a high standard should be placed on conduct off the field, and it is not. These players think they can do whatever they want, regardless of who they take advantage of or hurt, and it will all just go away because they play for the team. I could go on, but I won't.

LB2

NHLA

5 miles  downhill

qotd  Panthers  & Ole MS  win- win.

some call me Tim

QOTD: As a harmless, insignificant and childish act of civil disobedience (my employer wants us to wear Penn State football shirts if possible instead of our usual uniform shirts on game days), I do as DD1 does, always rooting for the team that plays agains Penn State. I wear my usual uniform shirt, and my hair ties are always in the colors of the OTHER team. Even if that means I have to look up what colors the other team owns, as I'm not into football at all. But dare you tell me what team to root for! 

Awesome. And good luck smacking that bronchitis down before it gets a foothold!

DC, that sounds great. Races that include the whole fam and their different struggles are always fun and rewarding. Congrats especially to your youngest!